Digital Art Zone

2 of 4
“Loading” question
Posted: 19 August 2012 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2012-06-03

I’m getting a little confused. I’d already downoaded the free 4.5.0.114 from the store but I can’t find the separate installer with the content and I’m not sure where or what you mean by the Genesis Essentials installer. I’m really starting to lose interest now because I’m no nearer now than I was in the middle of June….

It’s getting ridiculous is no-one else having this problem ?

Signature 

“Those curious locks so aptly twin’d,
Whose every hair a soul doth bind.”
Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 19 August 2012 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6682
Joined  2005-08-15
Marcuse - 19 August 2012 08:02 AM

I’m getting a little confused. I’d already downoaded the free 4.5.0.114 from the store but I can’t find the separate installer with the content and I’m not sure where or what you mean by the Genesis Essentials installer. I’m really starting to lose interest now because I’m no nearer now than I was in the middle of June….

It’s getting ridiculous is no-one else having this problem ?

Did you put it into your cart, and checkout, or did you download it through another link?  Either way, you should have a file called 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe, which needs to be installed as well, to the content area that I showed you.

The latest versin of ds 4.5 requires this file as the Gnesis figure is in the new DUF format and has to be replaced.  This is the first time tht a versiion has had a seperate installer for the content.

Install the main application (program) into the Program Files folder, and then install the content into the Documents and Settings path that I mentioned earlier, and all will be well.

Posted: 19 August 2012 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Did you put it into your cart, and checkout, or did you download it through another link?  Either way, you should have a file called 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe, which needs to be installed as well, to the content area that I showed you.

The latest versin of ds 4.5 requires this file as the Gnesis figure is in the new DUF format and has to be replaced.  This is the first time tht a versiion has had a seperate installer for the content.

Install the main application (program) into the Program Files folder, and then install the content into the Documents and Settings path that I mentioned earlier, and all will be well.

Thanks. I put it into the cart and went through checkout being given an order number with the file now sitting in my account. I remember there was just the one box instead of the usual two but nothing happened after that. I’ve just done both a visual search and a full Search of all files with no sign of 14812 GenesisStarterEssentials at all….

Could you try downloading 4.5 and see what happens in case it’s something wrong with my computer ?

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 19 August 2012 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

The first file went into the Programme folder ok….

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 19 August 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15
Marcuse - 19 August 2012 10:03 AM

Thanks. I put it into the cart and went through checkout being given an order number with the file now sitting in my account. I remember there was just the one box instead of the usual two but nothing happened after that. I’ve just done both a visual search and a full Search of all files with no sign of 14812 GenesisStarterEssentials at all….

Could you try downloading 4.5 and see what happens in case it’s something wrong with my computer ?

I received a confirmation email of the order as well, and it contains the following :

DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro
Installers
Installation Guide for Windows (download)
Installation Guide for Mac (download)
DAZ Studio 4.5.x 32-bit - exe - pc (download)
DAZ Studio 4.5.x 32-bit - zip - mac (download)
DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc (download)
DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - zip - mac (download)
Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3 - exe - pc (download)
Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3 - zip - mac (download)
FBX Installation Guide for DAZ Studio 4.x Pro - pdf (download)
Content Creator Toolkit Installation Guide for DAZ Studio 4.x Pro - pdf

These are all liks to the downloads.

They should also be in your My Account area under Available Downloads, there may be several pages of them to look through.  I don;t see why they wouldn’t be there.

Posted: 19 August 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Thank goodness yes all ok as up till then I’d been expecting a big repair bill because of the previous failed DS4Pro My Content file ! Essentials had got well separated in my account from the main 4.5 file because of a couple of new re-installings of DS4Pro whereas I’d been expecting them both to be together as usual. Now installed as well….

Couple of resulting queries I’m trying to open the main Scene page but the shortcut icon on desktop isn’t working. And is it possible to delete all these surplus duplicated files in My Orders as there’s now far too many ?

Very relieved indeed !

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 19 August 2012 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15
Marcuse - 19 August 2012 11:22 AM

Thank goodness yes all ok as up till then I’d been expecting a big repair bill because of the previous failed DS4Pro My Content file ! Essentials had got well separated in my account from the main 4.5 file because of a couple of new re-installings of DS4Pro whereas I’d been expecting them both to be together as usual. Now installed as well….

Couple of resulting queries I’m trying to open the main Scene page but the shortcut icon on desktop isn’t working. And is it possible to delete all these surplus duplicated files in My Orders as there’s now far too many ?

Very relieved indeed !

By the Scene page, do you mean you are trying to load the program by double clicking on the icon on the Desktop?  Does DS4P not load up at all?

If that doesn’t load the program I’m not sure what is going on.  You can right click on the icon and ‘Open File Location’ or something to that effect.  Or look in properties to see where the shortcut is pointing to?

The files on the download page are not really duplicates, you will have PC and Mac versions, as well as version 4.0.3.47 and version 4.5.0.114 so that people can download and keep the previous version too in case of trouble with 4.5.  They willl go away in a few days, but I’m afraid there is no quick way to get rid of them.

Posted: 19 August 2012 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
JimmyC_2009 - 19 August 2012 11:48 AM

By the Scene page, do you mean you are trying to load the program by double clicking on the icon on the Desktop?  Does DS4P not load up at all?

If that doesn’t load the program I’m not sure what is going on.  You can right click on the icon and ‘Open File Location’ or something to that effect.  Or look in properties to see where the shortcut is pointing to?

You say DS4P I thought I was opening DS 4.5….?

Yes trying to start the programme with the silver figure in the centre, the picture/scene with the model’s arms raised….don’t know what it’s called. Tried right clicking on the icon but no “Open file location”, just the same message as before “Windows is searching for Daz Studio.ex. or try yourself….” but nothing’s coming up.

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 19 August 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

You will have to look for DAZ Studio wherever you installed it to.  I thought you said you installed it to Program Files?  If that is the case, I don;t know why XP can’t find it, or how it managed to create a desktop icon with the wrong address on it?

G to the Program Files folder using Explorer (click on My Computer, then C, and then find Program Files.  When you find the program called

DAZStudio.exe

, right click on it, and create a desktop icon, then get rid of the one that doesn’t work.

DS4P, DAZ Studo 4 Pro, the version number is 4.5.0.11.

Posted: 19 August 2012 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
JimmyC_2009 - 19 August 2012 12:17 PM

You will have to look for DAZ Studio wherever you installed it to.  I thought you said you installed it to Program Files?  If that is the case, I don;t know why XP can’t find it, or how it managed to create a desktop icon with the wrong address on it?

G to the Program Files folder using Explorer (click on My Computer, then C, and then find Program Files.  When you find the program called

DAZStudio.exe

, right click on it, and create a desktop icon, then get rid of the one that doesn’t work.

DS4P, DAZ Studo 4 Pro, the version number is 4.5.0.11.

No trace of DazStudio.exe regrettably, I also did a full Search as per the pic below but still nothing….??

Image Attachments
Where_is_Daz_Studio.JPG
 Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 19 August 2012 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

That looks like you have installed the SDK for version 4.5 (Software Development Kit)

You should have downloaded and installed DAZStudio_4.5.0.114_Win32.exe

Are you sure that you put the correct item in your cart?  I don’t know why you would have the SDK, I don’t even have it.

Posted: 19 August 2012 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
JimmyC_2009 - 18 August 2012 03:01 AM

No need to appologise, the whole jargon used in 3D gets to everyone at some point.  smile

Never a truer word….red face

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 19 August 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

We’ll get there in the end smile  Stick with it!

Posted: 19 August 2012 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

When you come from a world where there has only ever been half a dozen pencils, a drawing pad and a rubber you begin to wonder what on earth went wrong to begin with….wink

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 19 August 2012 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

I always fancied the idea of sketching, unforunately I have no talent in that direction at all.  I could learn a bit, but what I could produce would never satisfy me.  It is very hard going from Arts to Science, but it gets easier.

2 of 4