Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
PA sale moving up to September?
Posted: 18 August 2012 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2806
Joined  2004-10-25

Ya know, I saw that and it didn’t register that it said September and not November.  Shows how much I pay attention to things I read.  ~shakes head~

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 18 August 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10101
Joined  2005-10-07

PA sale LOL

last year was whales, this year i wanna nab the complete sharks.

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   °
DSP4.6.2.118 Valentina Luxus ManualD/L C85P PP12 W3d99.5

Posted: 18 August 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  934
Joined  2006-06-12

Wow.
I always look forward to the PA sale.
Last year I was pretty disciplined and I’m sure Genesis will help me keep to a budget this year.

There are a few things I want, but mostly going to get some Carrara shaders and maybe some animations.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 18 August 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

Guess if it’s moved to September that means I’m not going to get to buy anything from it again :(  I have to pay my hosting and domain bills in September and with the PC sales in October I can’t be spending anything for the month so I have money to use in the PC sale :(  I liked it in November… Anything extra I had left I could spend on the PA sale :(

Posted: 18 August 2012 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2278
Joined  2003-12-06
Richard Haseltine - 18 August 2012 07:59 AM

I usually manage to stick to my monthly budget during the PA sale. The next month’s budget, admittedly, but still.

>snrk< So I’m not the only one…?  smirk

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 18 August 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1671
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
So…how does the PA sales month compare with the PA sales that went on during March Madness?

I nearly put us in the poorhouse, that month, but I was also starting off my journey in the DAZ Studio world…  But I recall that each day, a few PA’s would take part, and their stores would be significantly discounted (50% generally) during that day (and sometimes the next).  Is this going to be on the same level?  I have ~200 non-DAZ items in my wishlist; should I fear the wishlist reaper…? smile

I’m guessing that they moved the PA sale up to before the PC sale, for alphabetical reasons, because someone has OCD…er, wait, no, that’s not it…  Oh yeah…as a ‘thank you’ to the PA’s, so that people wouldn’t have emptied their pockets on PC items and be less able to pick up PA items.

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 18 August 2012 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  669
Joined  2008-04-30

Can someone direct me to the current newsletter?  I havent received it.
I checked my General Subscriptions and it is checked btw.

-MJ

Posted: 18 August 2012 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1386
Joined  2006-07-04
MJ007 - 18 August 2012 06:23 PM

Can someone direct me to the current newsletter?  I havent received it.
I checked my General Subscriptions and it is checked btw.

-MJ

http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2012/weekly/weekly08_17_12.html

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 18 August 2012 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  669
Joined  2008-04-30

Thanks.  I actually did receive and delete it. I completely missed the corner promo announcing the PA Sale being moved to September. Wow.

-MJ

Posted: 18 August 2012 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2009-09-18

I hope the PA Sale doesn’t interfere with with PC sale and it’s September announcement of goodies.  My subscription to the PC ends at the end of September and even though last year’s PC sale lacked the “WOW” factor of previous years, the big bonus goodies for PC renewals announced in September always got my renewal money.  I’ve been contemplating taking a year off purchasing to actually load, and more importantly locate and categorize all my purchased content [still missing the Content Library of DS3].  Heck maybe even have time to USE the stuff!

Posted: 18 August 2012 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06
Ebajoy - 18 August 2012 09:37 PM

I hope the PA Sale doesn’t interfere with with PC sale and it’s September announcement of goodies.  My subscription to the PC ends at the end of September and even though last year’s PC sale lacked the “WOW” factor of previous years, the big bonus goodies for PC renewals announced in September always got my renewal money.  I’ve been contemplating taking a year off purchasing to actually load, and more importantly locate and categorize all my purchased content [still missing the Content Library of DS3].  Heck maybe even have time to USE the stuff!

What are you missing from the DS3 Content Library?  I find it easier to categorize in DS3, so I categorize there and then migrate to DS4, but otherwise the Content Library tab gives you the same options as the DS3 library has.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 19 August 2012 04:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1667
Joined  2008-05-31
anikad - 17 August 2012 02:43 PM

Will anyone have any money left?

Money? I vaguely recall I once had somehing by that name, but I’ve forgot what it was.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 19 August 2012 05:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10101
Joined  2005-10-07
Cypherfox - 18 August 2012 04:25 PM

Greetings,
So…how does the PA sales month compare with the PA sales that went on during March Madness?

I nearly put us in the poorhouse, that month, but I was also starting off my journey in the DAZ Studio world…  But I recall that each day, a few PA’s would take part, and their stores would be significantly discounted (50% generally) during that day (and sometimes the next).  Is this going to be on the same level?  I have ~200 non-DAZ items in my wishlist; should I fear the wishlist reaper…? smile

I’m guessing that they moved the PA sale up to before the PC sale, for alphabetical reasons, because someone has OCD…er, wait, no, that’s not it…  Oh yeah…as a ‘thank you’ to the PA’s, so that people wouldn’t have emptied their pockets on PC items and be less able to pick up PA items.

— Morgan

maybe they moved it to see who was paying attention?  smile

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   °
DSP4.6.2.118 Valentina Luxus ManualD/L C85P PP12 W3d99.5

Posted: 19 August 2012 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
chohole - 18 August 2012 03:59 AM

My reccomendation is to make sure you are subscribed to the thread from the very first day it appears, so you don’t miss a thing.

I’d say during both the PA and PC sales you need to be hitting the store/forums daily to avoid the risk of missing something you’ll spend the rest of the year kicking yourself over.

Posted: 19 August 2012 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2007-12-24
DWG - 19 August 2012 05:52 AM
chohole - 18 August 2012 03:59 AM

My reccomendation is to make sure you are subscribed to the thread from the very first day it appears, so you don’t miss a thing.

I’d say during both the PA and PC sales you need to be hitting the store/forums daily to avoid the risk of missing something you’ll spend the rest of the year kicking yourself over.

Too bad the forums haven’t gotten to the point where I can visit everyday without wanting to scream.  If they put back the “my posts” link, there’s a chance I’ll spend some money.

Indi.

2 of 3