Digital Art Zone

72 of 100
The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread
Posted: 10 September 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1066 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9052
Joined  2004-07-21

I wonder where the air vents in the room are.  Somehow this room stays cool and I am not sure how.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 10 September 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1067 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4946
Joined  2009-02-26
Miss Bad Wolf - 10 September 2012 08:34 AM

I believe it is called urban fantasy, unless they changed the name on me and I did not get the memo.

I love supernatural themes! That would be fun to do! Is it novel length or series of/a short/s?

Mine has the element of Sci-fi which I neglected to mention… Not too deep into aliens that it’s painful… I just love the idea of other habitable planets and space travel… It also goes deep into Genetic bioengineering. Totally my style lol.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 10 September 2012 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1068 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2158
Joined  2008-01-02

@Spyro:  I just restarted it on my desktop. I didn’t change anything other than deleting the cornea on the raptor (Hardly any reflections, and was eating up render time)
It’s reached a SL of 6 in only 40 minutes, where it took a little over an hour on my laptop.

Signature 

Former owner of 9,600+ posts.
404 Raptor not Found. Additionally, an error has occured while trying to display this error message. Please contact your dromaeosaur provider and reboot your raptor.
My gallery~  http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/5858

Posted: 10 September 2012 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1069 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Rezca - 10 September 2012 08:53 AM

@Spyro:  I just restarted it on my desktop. I didn’t change anything other than deleting the cornea on the raptor (Hardly any reflections, and was eating up render time)
It’s reached a SL of 6 in only 40 minutes, where it took a little over an hour on my laptop.

That’s good news… It’s not to fun to have to rebuild a scene that was already lookin fantastic!

Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1070 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2840
Joined  0

shock Last day of my vacation - I decoded to add today since I need to rest and recover! I WAY overdid it last week, pushed myself too hard and now I’m suffering (painful legs, arms, hands, fingers, the works).  Argh owwwwwwwwwww!

BUT.. my studio is about 1/2 finished! Between the RP355, the Strat, and the Ibanez six-string bass all my instrument needs are covered (except for a drum machine).  I just need a multitrack recorder and I’m set.  I can record straight from the RP into the laptop, but it’s a pain in the caudal peduncle AND it messes up Windows audio so I need something OFF the computer.  I’ll bring it in to the laptop for mastering and conversion to MP3.

Other than being in pain, not much else - all my stuffed toys are here, and things are a mess but onbce arranged should be very nice.  Getting the studio finished is pretty high priority, just below writing on writing days.  Haven’t done any visual art other than ‘shopping some photos to fit ‘em on the Web.

Blargh, back to smearing myself with Icy Hot… shock

Signature 

My bloggity blog: http://the-serpents-fang.blogspot.com/
My Red Room Authors Page: http://redroom.com/member/edward-averill

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1071 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2477
Joined  2005-09-14

Woolyloach, get well soon!

I tried to buy something from the Daz online store, but the shopping cart isn’t working correctly.  When I add a product, the store says something like: “cannot add/purchase more than one product/quantity.”  I forgot the exact error message.  When I check my shopping cart, I see that it is empty.  I’ll try again later after I clear the browser’s cookies and cache.

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1072 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4808
Joined  2011-10-04

Add a different item to the cart, then it’ll show up.

Complaint: my bank, again. *sigh* Well, good thing that I live on a different time zone, so by the time 8 am clocks over here, I can still pick up items from the sale…

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1073 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Skiriki, is there a decent backdrop prop freebie somewhere. I can make textures for it, just wanted to do some photography style renders smile I not happy with the only 2 on daz.

Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1074 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Spyro - 10 September 2012 10:17 AM

Skiriki, is there a decent backdrop prop freebie somewhere. I can make textures for it, just wanted to do some photography style renders smile I not happy with the only 2 on daz.

Oh, backdrops are not a problem. I have a perfect background environment suited for my needs, no worries there and I’m sure that if I go digging, I have suitable freebies as well. Just… y’know? Feeling lazy. smile (And Castle Grounds PC item is on my wishlist anyway, and by the time my customer gets in touch with me, his payment has hit my PayPal or my credit card figures that I actually paid stuff last weekend. One or the another, one or the another…) Oh! I could re-use Cliffhanger in a creative fashion, yes, yes! Excellent! That solved the problem!

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1075 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

So… You don’t know of any plain backdrop prop freebies off the top of your head? I about to try share CG, though I havent came accross one there before.

Also, I can’t wait to see this upcomming render of yours cheese It’s gonna be a ripper!

Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1076 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

There was only one to choose from on share cg. It looks like it’s workable… Have yet to try it.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/16240/browse/11/Poser/photoshoot-backdrop

Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1077 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Yeah, not really—I use MilEnv from DAZ now and then, and this new worldbase item seems spiffy and I plan to use it too. I occasionally make my own backdrops and whatnot out of primitives whenever possible.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 10 September 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1078 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Can you explain to me the basics of how to create a morph (slider) for genesis? I really want to get into that too smile

Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1079 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I assume Hexagon is the best freebie for doing this kind of work

Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1080 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Spyro - 10 September 2012 11:06 AM

I assume Hexagon is the best freebie for doing this kind of work

For quick and dirty work:

Send Genesis to Hexagon. Keep Genesis in DAZ Studio 4.5, which is running at the background while you diddle with Genesis in Hexagon.

Do what you planned to do to Genesis in Hexagon. Send it back to DAZ Studio, where you had that raw, unmorphed Genesis waiting. Make sure that both the figure you’re sending is at base resolution (no smoothing, no high res) and ditto for your Genesis.

DAZ Studio asks you “Create Morph?” when you switch there. Name the morph, place it under right category (like, if it is head morph, look for head morphs and tuck it under, say, sci-fi/fantasy).

Yank the knob to your new morph the max, go to Joint Editor if you drastically changed the shape. Adjust rigging (right-click) to shape, memorize figure shape and rigging (in figure menu).

Yank the knob down to 0.

Go to file menu, save a morph, pick the morph you just created, save and Bob’s your uncle.

This should work out OK for “for my personal library” solutions. I’m pretty sure that for “share with others” there needs to be more steps…

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

72 of 100