Digital Art Zone

22 of 23
GenX and DSF Toolbox Updates for DS 4.5
Posted: 02 June 2013 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 316 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2006-03-31

I just Purchased GenX today and I followed the instructions explicitly, to wit:
Installed the app and its Bundle components for Gen3 to my C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 folder
Started up Studio
Inserted Serial # into plugins box
Shut down Studio
Started Studio
Went to Window\Panes (Tabs)
and there is nothing there.

Also, I do not find a Customize Feature on the Edit Tab
I have Studio 4.6 on a 64 bit machine

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Signature 

Forget world peace…
    visualize using your turn signal!

Posted: 02 June 2013 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 317 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4994
Joined  2005-08-03

Check Help > About Plugins to see if it’s loading, or if you’re receiving some kind of error.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Free Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 02 June 2013 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 318 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2006-03-31

Ok, there it is. Apparently you have to restart twice.
I’ll be back with more questions before too long, I am sure.
Thanks for now.

Signature 

Forget world peace…
    visualize using your turn signal!

Posted: 22 August 2013 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 319 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  431
Joined  2013-03-26

Edit: Nevermind issue resolved!

Signature 

My gallery~
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/166/

Posted: 03 September 2013 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 320 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  128
Joined  2007-12-12

Dimension Sweety ,

Will there be an update or plug in for Gen 1 to Gen 2 morphs….I tkink it would be very very successful and I would use the heck out of it !!!

Posted: 03 September 2013 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 321 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  928
Joined  2012-02-03
Enchanted Pixie - 03 September 2013 03:14 AM

Dimension Sweety ,

Will there be an update or plug in for Gen 1 to Gen 2 morphs….I tkink it would be very very successful and I would use the heck out of it !!!

He has said there will be; both G1 to G2 & G2 to G1 conversions will be in the update. I’m looking forward to it.

Posted: 03 September 2013 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 322 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  219
Joined  2005-10-18

Yes 3rd that…

Waiting keenly for this update / expansion.

cheers,

S.K.

Posted: 08 October 2013 12:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 323 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2004-11-06

Post deleted by author - found the problem, nevermind smile

Posted: 15 October 2013 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 324 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  751
Joined  2012-07-13

I’ve created a V4 morph using Faceshop and I wanted to use GenX to convert the morph to Genesis. Does anyone know how to do this? I’m really stuck.

Posted: 15 October 2013 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 325 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1949
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

galactica1981 - 15 October 2013 01:25 PM

I’ve created a V4 morph using Faceshop and I wanted to use GenX to convert the morph to Genesis. Does anyone know how to do this? I’m really stuck.

Try this GenX simple conversion video tutorial and see if it helps!

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 15 October 2013 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 326 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  751
Joined  2012-07-13

What I’m stuck on is that I don’t have a preset to download the morph onto GenX. I simply have a V4 figure.

Posted: 15 October 2013 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 327 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1949
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
I’m not sure I follow, but that’s probably because I’ve never used Faceshop.  Are you saying it doesn’t create a morph for V4?  (Something you can dial up and down?)

What is it’s output?

(My approach, here, is to attempt to take the old college math test approach of ‘transform the problem to a problem we already have a solution for’. smile )

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 15 October 2013 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 328 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2005-01-17

galactica1981:

I’m gonna try to explain this as best I can (I don’t have Faceshop, so forgive me if my instructions are flawed.)  Assuming the V4 face morph is saved out as an obj file, I believe you can save it as a PZ2 pose file (with morph applied.) 

Open GenX, and load V4 as your source model.
Apply the PZ2 file you created as a “Pose”
On the GenX morph list, look for the Faceshop morph, whatever you named it, and make sure that the morph is set to “1”
Press the “Select” button, which allows you to select the morphs applied to V4 via the “Load Pose” based on different criteria (Choose “Transfer: On for All Non-Zero Values”)
Make sure the drop down next to the “Select” button is set to “Create Single Morph” and the drop down next to the “Transfer” button is set to “Victoria 4,” then press the Transfer Button.
Fill out the information in the Pop Up relative to your morph and save it.  (I would suggest changing the location to Actor/Head)
I hope this helps.

PS:  I’m sure you are aware of this, but if you don’t have V4/M4 classic shapes for Genesis, GenX won’t work for V4.

Posted: 23 February 2014 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 329 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-07-11

Hi there,

I’ve got GenX, the A3/H3 plugin, and the A3/H3 iconic shapes for Genesis, but whenever I try using GenX for A3, I receive the following:

GenX - Transferring morphs.
Loading Genesis geometry ...
Applying Genesis morphs ...
Error loading Genesis morph: CloneAiko3

I’ve checked, and I do have CloneAiko3.dsf on my computer (Located at Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Aiko 3 and also Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Aiko 3, not sure why it’s there twice…)

Any suggestions?

Posted: 23 February 2014 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 330 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  325
Joined  2004-02-15

GenX uses the first Genesis data it finds when searching in the content libraries. This means, GenX only finds Genesis morphs if they are located in the morphs folder for the first Genesis.dsf found.

The error message means that the file CloneAiko.dsf is not found where GenX found Genesis.dsf. Maybe you even have a third Genesis.dsf where Aiko 3 is missing.

You may try to change the order of the DAZ content folders for the content library. Setting one of the folder where the Aiko 3 morphs are present to the top should force GenX to use this Genesis.

In general, I would recommend to ensure that you have Genesis installed once only. Several instances may cause problems in other cases as well.

22 of 23