Digital Art Zone

15 of 23
GenX and DSF Toolbox Updates for DS 4.5
Posted: 12 March 2013 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2007-12-02

[quoteThe DSF Toolbox should still work with DAZ Studio 4.5, but only for uncompressed DSF files.

I downloaded the DSF Toolbox for 4.5, but it still requires DSF files, and gives error message if use duf file (I don’t know how to turn duf into dsf) ...

please advise

regards

Posted: 12 March 2013 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5921
Joined  2006-02-20

File>Save as>Deprecated ?

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 12 March 2013 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  316
Joined  2004-02-15

Sorry for the late reply, I didn’t get a notification from the forum ...

Urumike: Some breast “morphs” in V4 (up, down, in, out) actually are not morphs, but magnets. GenX only transfers morphs. I don’t know if there is a way to get magnets from V4 to Genesis.

Kyoto Kid: Usually, it’s not required to reload V4 and the standard morphs when transferring several character morphs one after another. Using “Select > Set all values to zero” should be enough before loading another character pose. In any case, most morphs like “Young” or “Arms Thickness” have to be loaded with the morphs++ injection poses, they are not included in the base CR2. While some character poses will load them automatically, others will not.

freecomer: Is this for version 1.1 of DSF toolbox? It should work with DUF files as well as with DSF files. (Actually, DSF and DUF files have the same file format, just different content. DUF should be exchangable between users, while DSF may be not.) What exact error message do you get?

Posted: 12 March 2013 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1612
Joined  2008-11-10
freecomer - 12 March 2013 08:54 AM

[quoteThe DSF Toolbox should still work with DAZ Studio 4.5, but only for uncompressed DSF files.

I downloaded the DSF Toolbox for 4.5, but it still requires DSF files, and gives error message if use duf file (I don’t know how to turn duf into dsf) ...

please advise

regards

Sounds like you’re trying to open a user facing file (duf) rather than the actual morph… those are found further in the /data/Daz 3D/Genesis directory. A duf will not contain anything but references.

Posted: 12 March 2013 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2007-12-02

Dimension

Thanks ... got a message saying wrong format in dsf file ...
but see below

<><><><><><><><
Male

Quote Sounds like you’re trying to open a user facing file (duf) rather than the actual morph… those are found further in the /data/Daz 3D/Genesis directory. A duf will not contain anything but references unquote

Yes, that was it ... didn’t realise that .... found the file in data folder and it worked nicely ... on we go :-)

Thanks for all replies ... much appreciated

Posted: 12 March 2013 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  665
Joined  2006-11-10

All right. I’m trying to transfer characters from V4 to Genesis as single morphs rather than controllers. Whenever I try to do it, though, the result produces a sort of double-strength morph that looks terrible, like it’s making a single morphs that also dials in all the relevant characters morphs again. Morphs as their own dials work fine, a character as a control dial works fine, what gives? I’d rather be able to send them across as their own single morphs if possible.

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 13 March 2013 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-02-15

When you transfer the single morphs (transfer mode: selected morphs), how do you set the actual morph values for the character? With a controller dial, with a translated pose, a DUF file with the morph values, or something else?

In any case, the values for the actual morphs can be easily verified, when you click “Currently Used” on the “Shaping” tab. I don’t think that any morphs are transferred wrong, it’s more likely that some morph values are set wrong or unwanted.

Posted: 13 March 2013 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-11-10

I set them by loading the injection pose. The exact same parameters work when transferring as a control dial, but double the morph until it’s looking smashed when transferring as a single morph. The only thing changed is switching from ‘create controller’ to ‘create single morph.’ It’s not the morph values that are wrong, it’s some problem within the plugin, or an obscure setting that applies to one but not the other which I’m missing.

Signature 

Posted: 13 March 2013 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-11-10

Or the individual morphs, perhaps. Or maybe my system just really hated me that day. I just tried it with Vermillion Dawn to be able to list my workflow and it turned out perfectly both ways. Hopefully it’ll hold out for the rest. I’m going to go check them now.

EDIT: Works fine on two thus far. I’m going to assume it’s an odd unrepeatable hiccup unless I go down the list and it happens again. Many thanks.

Signature 

Posted: 14 March 2013 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-02-15

The only way I can reproduce this problem, is when I use the same name for both, the controller and the single morph. In that case, DS only shows one control that changes both at once, the controller and the morph. This doubles the effect. The parameter control in DS is starting with “(2):” if DS shows one control for two parameters with the same name.

Posted: 14 March 2013 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  424
Joined  2012-12-18

Do any of the Gen X expansions work with 3rd party figures sold on the Daz marketplace, in particular Sadie and Sam?  If not, if/when can we expect such an expansion?

Posted: 14 March 2013 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  917
Joined  2012-02-03
opal42987 - 14 March 2013 10:11 PM

Do any of the Gen X expansions work with 3rd party figures sold on the Daz marketplace, in particular Sadie and Sam?  If not, if/when can we expect such an expansion?

Why would you need Gen X to convert Sadie & Sam? There are already Genesis versions of them: http://www.daz3d.com/sadie-and-sam-for-genesis

Posted: 15 March 2013 02:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-02-15

GenX doesn’t transfer shapes to Genesis, it transfers morphs relative to an existing shape. It requires that the base shape was already modeled as a morph for Genesis.

Because the original Sadie and Sam have few morphs and mainly expression morphs, I don’t know if there would be interest to transfer these morphs to Genesis.

Posted: 15 March 2013 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  424
Joined  2012-12-18

Sorry, I didn’t articulate myself very well.  I’m well aware of what Gen X actually does, and yes, what I indeed meant to ask was if GenX imports morphs for those characters.

When will The Girl 3 and the rest of Gen 4 be supported?

Posted: 15 March 2013 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-02-15

The full range of gen 4 figures are supported by GenX: Victoria 4 including all morphs like Aiko 4, Girl 4, Stephanie 4, or SheFreak 4; Michael 4 including Hiro 4 and Freak 4; and the Kids 4 (if you use the clone morph to turn Genesis into Kids 4).

The original Girl is a rather special figure, there is no morph for Genesis for it and it would be difficult to do one. Also, there is no Genesis morph for the gen 3 kids, i.e. Luke/Laura and Matt/Maddie. But the latter could be done in principle because all gen 3 figures share one mesh and are morph compatible.

15 of 23