Digital Art Zone

14 of 23
GenX and DSF Toolbox Updates for DS 4.5
Posted: 05 January 2013 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 196 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  302
Joined  2004-02-15

Peggy Walters: Usually, it shouldn’t matter how many morphs you load into GenX at once. In particular, loading head and body morphs of one character should be no problem. I don’t own Adrian M4, so I can’t try myself. If it works in DS without loading the M4 morphs before, it should do so in GenX as well. If you keep getting crashes, there might be something unusual in the pose.

Try to load M4 in DS and apply the morph injection poses there. Try to export the figure as a CR2 and see it works to load this exported CR2 into GenX. If the figure doesn’t use custom morphs, but only sets dial values for the Morphs++, you can also try a simpler way. Load M4 and the Morphs++ in GenX. Then, get the morph values from the DS scene with the “Get values from figure in scene” menu entry when you click on “Select”.

JOdel: Not sure what you mean by “head size morphs” included in expressions. If this are regular morphs or morphs controlling the scaling, then GenX can’t know from the expression what they are doing. Expressions only contain the (internal) morph name and the dial value. If this are values for scaling parameters, uncheck “Scalings” in the presets tab to exclude them in the translation.

riftwitch: What exactly is the problem with She Freak 2? When you can load the morphs in DS, you have the right version of V3 that can load it, and so GenX should be able to load it as well. Are the SheFreak morphs shown in the morph list? If not, try the “Show in list” options from the context menu to show all available morphs.

Posted: 05 January 2013 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  899
Joined  2012-02-03
Dimension3D - 05 January 2013 09:21 AM

Peggy Walters: Usually, it shouldn’t matter how many morphs you load into GenX at once. In particular, loading head and body morphs of one character should be no problem. I don’t own Adrian M4, so I can’t try myself. If it works in DS without loading the M4 morphs before, it should do so in GenX as well. If you keep getting crashes, there might be something unusual in the pose.

Try to load M4 in DS and apply the morph injection poses there. Try to export the figure as a CR2 and see it works to load this exported CR2 into GenX. If the figure doesn’t use custom morphs, but only sets dial values for the Morphs++, you can also try a simpler way. Load M4 and the Morphs++ in GenX. Then, get the morph values from the DS scene with the “Get values from figure in scene” menu entry when you click on “Select”.

JOdel: Not sure what you mean by “head size morphs” included in expressions. If this are regular morphs or morphs controlling the scaling, then GenX can’t know from the expression what they are doing. Expressions only contain the (internal) morph name and the dial value. If this are values for scaling parameters, uncheck “Scalings” in the presets tab to exclude them in the translation.

riftwitch: What exactly is the problem with She Freak 2? When you can load the morphs in DS, you have the right version of V3 that can load it, and so GenX should be able to load it as well. Are the SheFreak morphs shown in the morph list? If not, try the “Show in list” options from the context menu to show all available morphs.

I’ve tried the ‘show in list’ options, but the morphs aren’t showing. I’ve also tried exporting the SF2 figure as a cr2, so I can try the ‘load figure’ option, but I can’t get Studio to export either. I’ll keep working on it.

Posted: 19 January 2013 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2003-10-09

I did finally get the first one to work, but only the head.  The body morphs cause DAZ Studio to close.  No error message.

I am trying to use GenX to transfer another character (JM_Lazarus).  Now once I hit accept, nothing happens.  It just stays on the sceen forever. 

How do I fix this?  I am about to ask for a refund and deleating DAZ Studio.

Posted: 19 January 2013 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I tried another character - this time Duncan.  Same result - it just hangs on the Accept screen.  I tried re-installing and rebooting computer.  No help. 

I read a tutorial on Renderosity that says to save the character as a CR2.  I will try this way too.

Yes!  Going the CR2 route worked.  I now have two characters done.

Posted: 21 January 2013 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-02-15

I have Lazarus from Morris, so I gave it a try. I can’t find any problem with it.

If you use the transfer mode “Create single morph”, you must enter a name for the morph to create. Otherwise, the “Accept” button will do nothing because of the missing parameter.

Posted: 21 January 2013 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I added a name.  Can’t figure out why it didn’t work just dragging the morphs over, but it does when I use a CR2.

Posted: 22 January 2013 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2008-12-01

D3D please can you let me know if the current version of GenX is compatible with the new DS release 4.5.1.56.

Many thanks

Posted: 22 January 2013 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1082
Joined  2010-09-19

Obviously I’m not D3D, but I was using GenX last night with latest build of DAZ Studio and it works fine wink

Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 22 January 2013 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-02-15

Peggy Walters: If the “Accept” button refuses to start morph transfer, some parameters are missing or invalid. For the “Create single morph” mode, it should work if you enter a name and leave the rest as it is.

randomthoughts: Yes, GenX works with the actual version DS 4.5.1.56.

Posted: 16 February 2013 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  299
Joined  2008-10-01

Sorry if this the wrong thread to revive, but I would really like to get Gen X working for me.

I purchased Gen 4 at the get go, and have used that successfully for transferring morphs, and still can. I purchased the Gen X upgrade from Daz when it was released, installed it, added the serial and validated it with the Rendo info. I’ve updated the program as and when, and am currently running version 1.2 in Studio 4.5 64 bit, but have yet to understand how to actually operate it, and would like to lick this problem once and for all!

I have a Gen X tab which I open and then I’m stuck. Everything is greyed out, so I can’t click on anything with the mouse, and if I try to drag and drop cr2 files or injection morphs I just get the “no entry” icon. I wondered whether I needed to validate the program again since updating, but can’t remember how to do that. According to the manual I need to enter my info into the Validate field on the Gen x tab, but I can’t find anything like that there. And anyway, everything’s greyed out!

No doubt I’m missing something really basic, but in desperation I turn to the community for help. I would be forever grateful if someone could point me in the right direction so that I can get this plug-in to work for me.

Many thanks in advance smile

Posted: 16 February 2013 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-02-15

If everything is grayed out in the GenX tab, this means that you haven’t entered the order data from Renderosity yet to validate the upgrade.

Go to the tab menu of GenX and select “Validate GenX” to enter the order data. The tab menu is the icon with the triangle on top of some lines above all of the tab selectors. If the menu entry is missing, you have to use the customize feature (located in the main edit menu) to bring it back.

Posted: 16 February 2013 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  299
Joined  2008-10-01
Dimension3D - 16 February 2013 08:31 AM

If everything is grayed out in the GenX tab, this means that you haven’t entered the order data from Renderosity yet to validate the upgrade.

Go to the tab menu of GenX and select “Validate GenX” to enter the order data. The tab menu is the icon with the triangle on top of some lines above all of the tab selectors. If the menu entry is missing, you have to use the customize feature (located in the main edit menu) to bring it back.

Thanks for getting back so swiftly Mr 3D! It took a bit of faffing but I finally got there. The About and Validate entries were missing from the tab, and I wasn’t sure how to bring them back via Customize, so I tried changing to a different Workspace, and hey presto, they appeared! I input the Rendo info, changed the Workspace back, the entries disappeared again (go figure!), but GenX is now cooking with gas, and I can look foward to using the current version within Studio now. I guessed I needed to validate the program, but didn’t anticipate the entry simply going AWOL from the tab, but it wouldn’t be the first bit of layout weirdness I’ve stumbled upon!

Many thanks and all the best smile

Posted: 16 February 2013 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-04-18

I’m having a bit of troubles right now with this otherwise cool plugin.

I’m trying to bring my dialled Studio 3 chars to 4.5, V4’s at the moment.

The problem I’m facing is the transfer of the morphs++ breast movement.
No matter what I try, they seem to end up empty…

Anyone got them transferred properly working?

Thanks for any help!

Posted: 16 February 2013 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 209 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10723
Joined  2007-11-06

..having issues bringing some of the V4++ morphs in (like “Arms Thickness”, “Young FBM” etc.) 

Seems I have to reload V4 every time but when I do the only body morphs that appear are the generic “Male Body”,“Male Body - No Scale” along with just the standard head pose morphs.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 16 February 2013 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 210 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  899
Joined  2012-02-03

I finally got She-Freak 2 (the V3 version) converted. Once I found out how to export a cr2, I was able to load that and get the morphs. Now I just need to convert the other two shapes that came with it, and I can move on to the other older figures I have. I’m really glad this plugin exists. I think I’m finally getting the hang of it.

14 of 23