Digital Art Zone

2 of 23
GenX and DSF Toolbox Updates for DS 4.5
Posted: 21 August 2012 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2009-06-11
Dimension3D - 17 August 2012 06:38 AM

It’s the first time I do updates for products at the DAZ store, but as for as I know, the updates will be available by downloading the product again from your DAZ account and you should get an e-mail notification when they have been released.

You probably should post a notice here when it is updated as the email notification doesn’t seem to work anymore. at least not for a number of people here.

Posted: 22 August 2012 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2003-10-09

Yay! Looking forward to this…

Posted: 22 August 2012 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2007-11-04

Now this is GOOD news….GenX is the main reason I’m not updating - I may not be that good at using it, but it’s still indispensable to me.  I’ve gotten Alice and GND4 to work in Genesis (more or less *wink*).  Main reason I purchased it was Stephanie 4….I got her working in Genesis a few days ago.  Even after purchasing S5, and am happy with her, without all those shaping morphs, she’s no replacement for S4. That was a great product you came up with, and I’ll be waiting for the update…no rush, I’m happy with what we have.

Signature 

My DeviantART Gallery
Old Post Count 1376

Posted: 24 August 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2003-10-09

Nuts I just purchased it without realizing it will not work!
Ahhhhhhhh!
I wish Daz would flag up problems with updates rather than spending money and finding out like this.
Applying for a refund and will buy when the problem is fixed although at the rate Daz is going the update will come out before then!!!

Posted: 25 August 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2009-03-31
hamstergirl4444 - 22 August 2012 09:05 PM

Now this is GOOD news….GenX is the main reason I’m not updating - I may not be that good at using it, but it’s still indispensable to me.  I’ve gotten Alice and GND4 to work in Genesis (more or less *wink*).  Main reason I purchased it was Stephanie 4….I got her working in Genesis a few days ago.  Even after purchasing S5, and am happy with her, without all those shaping morphs, she’s no replacement for S4. That was a great product you came up with, and I’ll be waiting for the update…no rush, I’m happy with what we have.

Would you mind explaining in great detail to the rest of us how you did this, with Stephanie 4 in particular?

I am sure we would all very much appreciate this. grin

Posted: 28 August 2012 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2009-01-30

Like many, I’m not updating to 4.5 until your plug-in is ready.  Your tool is amazing, allowing me to use content from other vendors, etc. on Genesis.  Thank you for your hard work in advance and can’t wait for the
update.  Peace.

Signature 

Member, BWC

Posted: 30 August 2012 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2010-06-12

I thought I would get round the waiting by using the original freestanding Gen4 version that I had.

Alas, it requires the old .dsf genesis file.

There is that technique to be able to convert without using GenX at all. I might give that a try.

Last resort is to install the disk partition image that I took before I upgraded to 4.5.

I am sure the new version will arrive when it is ready, but the wait is killing me.

Posted: 02 September 2012 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5515
Joined  2005-08-29

Not that I’m in a hurry or anything *impatiently drummin’ on the table* , any news?

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 03 September 2012 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2005-01-17

Lol, thanks Totte, for saying it first!  I’m pulling my hair out that Dimension 3D is MIA, and not giving any updates.  Right now, I’m largely regretting my upgrade to DS4.5, solely for this plug in.  It would be handy if D3D could give us an update on the plugin, rather than leaving us in the dark.  I know that stuff can take a lot of time to develop, but many of DAZ 4’s plugs have already been updated to work with DS4.5.

So D3D, if you’re paying attention to this thread, please provide your adoring public with an update, maybe a ETA on the plug-in.  The wait is killing me!

Posted: 03 September 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3380
Joined  2009-08-05

LOL he alone controls who upgrades to 4.5. Many are patiently watiing for that plug-in. As soon as its here, everybody upgrades lol. One man, so much power…..

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 03 September 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2009-03-31

I take it we should expect to be charged for this upgrade and I would gladly pay the fee. After all, D3D had GenX working perfectly until DAZ made changes.

Posted: 03 September 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3380
Joined  2009-08-05

Daz will have a riot on their hands if they charge for the update. It will be free.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 03 September 2012 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
fruitwort - 03 September 2012 03:52 PM

I take it we should expect to be charged for this upgrade and I would gladly pay the fee. After all, D3D had GenX working perfectly until DAZ made changes.

“I will release free updates for both applications as soon as possible.” - from the first post in the thread.

Posted: 03 September 2012 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  2005-02-25

Er false alarm….

Man I SO NEED genX to work again… I had to update to 4.5 but boy does it really, really make me mad having to update tons of things (or not having the ability to update) when things weren’t even all updated for 4, much less ready for 4.5 yet. What a yucky mess and loosing lots of backward compatibility.ick.

Thank you D3D for working to update this… I for one am VERY GRATEFUL and probably wouldn’t be into Genesis without it.

Posted: 03 September 2012 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  413
Joined  2008-07-18

Hey Dimension3d - are you participating in the PA sale this month, and if so, can you tell us roughly when, because I would love to get your GenX products and would hate to miss the date.  Thanks.

2 of 23