Digital Art Zone

dsb-type files
Posted: 16 August 2012 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2003-11-09

where do these files go?

they are mat files that came with a product and the vendor suggests dropping them into the “DAZ4Materials” directory, but i see no such directory, nor can I find any other “dsb” type files… lots of “dsa” files, but no “dsb” ones….

anybody know where they go??

TIA

:8

Signature 

Posted: 17 August 2012 02:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6749
Joined  2005-08-15

What version of DS4 are you using?  Is you main content installed to the My Library folder?

If so, then you can create a new folder inside the My Library folder called Materials, and drop them in there.  As long as DS file types are in a listed DAZ Studio Formats folder, they will appear inside DS4P.

Try that and see if it helps.

Posted: 17 August 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9004
Joined  2007-11-06

.dsb are just binary versions of .dsa (may or may not be encrypted), and work the same way.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 17 August 2012 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2003-11-09

that solved it Jimmy! thanks….

and thank you also mike for the info…  i could not find any dsb files to give me a clue….

:8

Signature 

Posted: 13 December 2012 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2010-06-12

I can’t get the .dsb files to show up in the content pane of Studio 4.5.

I can get them to work by using the merge function so they are executable by Studio 4.5.

They are dated feb 2008.

Is there anything I can do to get them to be listed in the content pane?

And is there any way of unzipping them and altering them as I want to change the location of some of the jpg files that they are calling.

Posted: 13 December 2012 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15
luxgabu - 13 December 2012 07:50 AM

I can’t get the .dsb files to show up in the content pane of Studio 4.5.

I can get them to work by using the merge function so they are executable by Studio 4.5.

They are dated feb 2008.

Is there anything I can do to get them to be listed in the content pane?

And is there any way of unzipping them and altering them as I want to change the location of some of the jpg files that they are calling.

Where do you have the files stored?  If they are in a DAZ Studio Formats folder, then they should be there in the Content Library under whatever folder you put them in, Scripts usually.

Did you look at this post?

What version of DS4 are you using?  Is you main content installed to the My Library folder?

If so, then you can create a new folder inside the My Library folder called Materials, and drop them in there.  As long as DS file types are in a listed DAZ Studio Formats folder, they will appear inside DS4P.

Try that and see if it helps.

The Script IDE pane will open and display DSB files, but I’m not sure if it comes with the main installer.  I also downloaded the SDK (Script Development Kit) which is also free, and that may be where I got it.  It should appear in Window > Tabs > Script IDE.

Posted: 13 December 2012 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2010-06-12

the scriptIDE pane is there with the main installer for 4.5.1.6 anyway and I used it to convert the dsb format to dsa

the file structure I am using is:

E:\user\daz\content\runtime\libraries\materials\snakequeen

but neither the dsa nor dsb files show up in the content pane for that directory

HOWEVER

if I move the dsb/dsa files to a materials subdirectory within my library as in your quoted text everything shows up and works

But why do these files only get recognised within the my library file structure?

Posted: 13 December 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

DS file types will NOT appear inside a Poser runtime folder.

In your case

E:\user\daz\content\runtime\libraries\materials\snakequeen

the Content folder is being used as a My Library folder, so any folder inside content will be a DS folder except for ‘runtime’, which will only display CR2, PZ2, PP2 etc, and these will be under Poser Formats in the Content Library.