Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Jazlyn for Genesis
Posted: 16 August 2012 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

I just saw the Jazlyn in the store and while she’s a cute toon I don’t need any more character shapes. So I was just thinking of getting her clothing and the texture pack. That outfit really rocks and I have a toon I want to put it on smile

I might have to wishlist at the moment since I just bought a ton of stuff yesterday that I haven’t even completely downloaded yet.

Looks a lot like Jasmin, but maybe a tad older.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2009-08-08

Has anyone picked her up yet? Does she come with the toon lights that the other 3DU characters come with? It’s not listed in the ‘what’s included’ section.

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  977
Joined  2006-02-27

I think all she brings is the texture and morph.

She looks a bit too much like Amy for me. I am thinking of picking up The Aven character

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2003-10-09

For those interested - here’s a comparison between the different toon girl morphs we’ve released:

Image Attachments
Comparison_3Girls800.jpg

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2009-08-08

And the ‘toon lights?

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2003-10-09
JOdel - 16 August 2012 10:39 AM

And the ‘toon lights?

We used the same lights in our renders as we’ve included in the Toon Amy product, so they are not included.

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11

Noticing the product pages are a bit of a mess.  The main character product page shows no mention of a skin set or any options that may come with it.  The Clothing product page is totally remiss of any promo shots.  Folks may want just the clothing since it will fit Genesis in general but there is nothing to show but the main promo shot.  Might want to talk to DAZ about these oversights!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2011-08-27

I’m definitely picking up Jazlyn. Her proportions are just right for the characters I need. In many ways, she’s what I hoped Hitomi would have been.

3DU, is there any chance we could get a male version? Jason’s nice…perhaps a bit too nice. A beefier brother with a bad boy streak would go straight into my cart.

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18

Jazlyn has a great figure! I really dont need the shape though but maybe I’ll end up getting the bundle when I do decided to purchase. Too bad this wasn’t available yesterday :(

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2012 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  977
Joined  2006-02-27

May I see a bigger one of just the Jazlyn shape

Posted: 16 August 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01

OMG!! I think she’s PERFECT!!! I’m in the same boat as the OP… I spent my $$ during the recent sale! BUT I WANT THIS! How long is the price on? Two weeks from today? Oh, Man… I don’t think that will be long enough… I need a few EXTRA days!!!

Posted: 16 August 2012 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3416
Joined  2009-08-05

I’m definately picking up the clothes. I still prefer Jasmin. She is hot:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 16 August 2012 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18

Ok support finally got my stuff in order so I got the clothing and opted not to get the textures right now. Can someone tell me what the characters on the outfit say, I can’t read that language and I’m going to need to temporarily use some different shaders on it until I know what it says. Can’t have a toon running around and not know the meaning of the characters on the outfit. I tried to find a readme but couldn’t.

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2012 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2011-04-12
larsmidnatt - 16 August 2012 08:37 PM

Can someone tell me what the characters on the outfit say, I can’t read that language and I’m going to need to temporarily use some different shaders on it until I know what it says.

From the preview images, it looks like 守護天使 - meaning ‘guardian angel’ in Japanese.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 16 August 2012 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18

thank you kindly

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2012 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18

i find that anytime i add smoothing modifier to the jacket it crashes daz :( most of the items fit my character fine but the chest area isn’t quite right. will have to try to get around it another way.

EDIT: I just realized it uses sub-d and that is why it crashes when you add the smoothing. I never mix the two but its rare that sub-d is added by default so I didn’t check there first.

also i find it strange there is no opacity option to hide the clasp if you use the default texture. but this is because of the next thing i found.

I find this jacket does something that I’ve never seen before, it hides the character mesh that is below the jacket. So its causing some issues with some of my ideas. because it is trying to hide parts of the character mesh there are holes in my characters boobs where the clothing ends and the skin should begin because of it.

Edit again. This clothing set needs an update. the cross bow isn’t even smart and does not parent to the hand and it doesn’t even come with a single hand pose.

Sadface

Signature 

1 of 2