Digital Art Zone

Genesis Evolution Expressions not showing up
Posted: 16 August 2012 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  0

I’m a long-time Daz customer, but have only recently decided to try the switch from Poser to Daz Studio. Can’t beat $0 as a price, after all.

I bought Genesis Evolution Expressions and installed it, but can’t get it to show up. All the default content and morphs show up just fine, but this product won’t display under the Shaping or Posing tabs.

The installation seemed to go fine. I have all my content installed in the default directory. I have installed the Genesis Starter Essentials and it works. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Studio and the CMS. I have searched through the Content Library, but it’s not there either. I’m at a loss what to do.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: 16 August 2012 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

That’s because they are not built into Genesis. Look in Daz Studio Formats>My Library>People>Genesis>Poses>Expressive for Genesis They are lick to add expressions.

OPPS: Hold on That’s the wrong set. I’ll be right back.

OKAY, I found them this time. Select the head of Genesis and look in Parameters under Pose Controls. They are all listed together.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 16 August 2012 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  0

Nope, not there.  And just for fun, I also browsed to that location in Windows Explorer with the same result.

Posted: 16 August 2012 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6187
Joined  2005-08-15

Load a new Genesis figure, select the Head, then go to the Parameters tab, and you will find them under Pose Controls > Head > Expressions.  Just make sure that you have the Head selected in the scene tab or the Parameters tab.

Posted: 16 August 2012 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Yep, I just edited my first post. To say that. I wish all stuff worked the same.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 16 August 2012 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  0

Thanks Jimmy C, but they’re not there either. There are 4 others that I presume are built in (Angry, Concentrate, Fear & Glare) but none of the 22 from this product.

Posted: 16 August 2012 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

They only show up for me IF I select the Genesis Head in the Viewport first. Then they show all of them.

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2012 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

The install path for these expressions should be to the My Library folder, and not any sub-folder of it.  Try reinstalling, and I will look to see where they are on my disk.

This is what mine look like :

Image Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

Posted: 16 August 2012 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13589
Joined  2003-10-09

The readme should ahve a file list - are the files in fact on your machine, in the given location within your My Library folder?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 16 August 2012 05:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

Richard, I just found the readme, but my morphs are not where it says they are.  Mine are in \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Evolution, but according to the readme they should be in \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Expressions

Posted: 16 August 2012 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  0

Okay, well I tried another reinstall of Expressions with no luck. So in desperation I tried another full uninstall/reinstall of Studio and deleting the database, etc.

I don’t know what was different this time, but the Expressions magically appeared. Thanks for all your help everybody!