Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
Smart contents empty
Posted: 15 August 2012 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-08-09

Hi.
I’m very, veeery, new in Daz Studio ( I just download DS4 today) and I’ve being watching Beginners Guide tutorials all over the internet all day.

Most of them talk about the Smart Content tab and how all the default assets are shown in there from the moment the program starts. The problem for me is that there are no contents in the Smart Contents tab, under Files or Products, no matter what part of the Genesis character I select.
It’s just like that portion of the software could not watch the contents that are displayed correctly in the Content Library.

Is this normal? What am I doing wrong?

I’m using a Mac running Snow leopard and I’m not new to 3D in general, only to DAZ.

Image Attachments
First_question_about_Daz.jpg

Posted: 15 August 2012 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9291
Joined  2007-11-06

It may be that the CMS service isn’t running or is being blocked.  If you go to the Content Library tab, is there anything in Products or Categories?  If not, try starting the CMS again.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 15 August 2012 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2012-08-09

I’m feeling really stupid right now but, what is CMS and where do I restart it?

Posted: 15 August 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6916
Joined  2005-08-15

CMS is the Content Management Service whcih is installed along with DAZ Studio.  I have no idea how to start it on a Mac, but in Windows there is a folder in the All Programs area called DAZ 3d, and it contains a folder called DAZ Content Management Service.  There is an icon there for restarting it.

You could try a search for some of the key words to find that folder until someone who knows where it is on a Mac comes along?

Posted: 15 August 2012 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2012-08-09

I found it. It’s under library/DAZ 3D/Content Management Service, but is a small application that won’t open.

I hope someone on the Mac side can help me with this.

Thank you Jimmy anyway.

Posted: 15 August 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

Go to Launchpad > Other > Activity Monitor

At the top use the pulldown to select “All Processes”

Verify that the “DAZ Content Management Service” is listed and running.

You should see something like this:

Image Attachments
201208151608_osx_daz_cms.png
 Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 15 August 2012 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2012-08-09

Then is official, CMS are not running for me.

Is that why every time I open a previously saved DAZ file it opens as the default UI, whit the gray character instead of the one I saved?

I’ll try to reinstall DAZ and see if that works. I’ll keep you posted.

Thank you very much.

Posted: 15 August 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9291
Joined  2007-11-06

To change the startup scene (or have no startup scene load), go to Edit > Preferences > Startup and uncheck or change the Default Scene.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 16 September 2012 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-05-12

Hi, sorry for hijacking the thread, but I am having the same problem. Running DazStudio 4.5.0.114 (32 bit version) on an iMac (Leopard OSX 10.5.8). I have been asking for help on the Nuts & Bolts form and have been directed here.

I have nothing showing up in the Products and Categories folders, and the Smart Content Pane is also showing nothing. Rather annoying as I have a sizable collection of products for Genesis, and it is more than just a pain-in-the-neck having to use the standard Content Library to find and load up all the clothes, props, materials (etc) for these.

I have no idea what (or where) Launchpad is (it may be a Snow Leopard thing - I am running Leopard), so unable to confirm if the Daz Content Management Service is running or not. I cannot find this the CMS either within DazStudio or using the search facility within Finder (the Mac OS). I have tried various key words and phrases, but no luck in finding it.

Hoping to find a solution to this.

Posted: 17 September 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2012-07-02

Hi,

I have the exact problem as danielterraz.  I used snow leopard, Mac, as well.

The only difference is when I first started using Daz 4 pro, everything works fine in the Smart Content.  Now nothing shows, and Product and Categories is not responding as well.  I would like to do something about this CMS if that is the issue and perhaps even resetting to default can solve this problem.  Hopefully someone how uses Mac comes along and help…  But I have a question, if I can do that to reset this Smart Content properly, would I lose everything I already installed.  ( this is my concern so that i won’t risk reinstalling Daz all over again).

Please help…  it’s really painful to search for anything when the Smart Content does not work…

Posted: 17 September 2012 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-05-12

I found this in the Help Centre:

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/20753526

However it is not much help, very badly written if there is it stops half way through the topic with no links or guidance on what to do to fix the problem. I have raised a ticket with the help desk to try and get an answer to this.  I will let everyone know what I find out when I get a response.

Posted: 18 September 2012 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-02-19

Running Daz Studio 4.5 on Windows and I’m experiencing the same problem…nothing shows up in the Actors, Wardrobe and Props > Files list.. started the CMS and restarted Daz, but still nothing…

Posted: 18 September 2012 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6916
Joined  2005-08-15
bradowado - 18 September 2012 05:43 AM

Running Daz Studio 4.5 on Windows and I’m experiencing the same problem…nothing shows up in the Actors, Wardrobe and Props > Files list.. started the CMS and restarted Daz, but still nothing…

Is there anything appearing in the Smart Content tab?  Are you sure that the the CMS is running, have you checked in the Task Manager?

Is there anything in Products and categories, if not, the CMS is not running.

Posted: 18 September 2012 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-02-19

Whoops. Forgot to run the “14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe” after installing Daz Studio. That fixed it.

Posted: 18 September 2012 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-09-17

I am experiencing the same issue described here and I can’t restart CMS. I am monitoring, reinstalling, uninstalling DAZ CMS and the whole DAZ 4.5 Pro, but nothing changes. I am running (x64) MAC OSX Mountain Lion on iMac and CMS is not even running, nor can it restart. Can someone help please. It seems to be a a serious problem as the web is full of complaints on that very matter but people offer little help on that. Please Help!
NB: I’ve done everything suggested earlier in this thread, but still nothing. I purchased the Toon Generations Bundle and plan on using the UberEnvironment2 but cant find it inside DAZ since Smart Content doesnt show anything.

Posted: 18 September 2012 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-09-17

I tried to download the Genesis file that someone above suggested and I cant coz I get this error : Sorry, there was an error getting requested content. Please contact store owner.
I cant download it. Anyone knows where else to get this file for MAC OSX?

1 of 4