37 of 100
General Freebie Requests
Posted: 27 October 2012 04:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 541 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1605
Joined  2012-09-16
SteveM17 - 27 October 2012 02:44 AM

I downloaded a sportscar that comes with a police MAT, called Foberghini. Probably only realistic if the police force you’re rendering has a VERY large budget. Can’t remember where I found it, probably sharecg or renderosity, as I use them the most.

Nice one!
Since I can create the world I make myself, I guess I can give them any budget I like wink
Downloading it now and I keep looking for some nice outfits, although I am afraid I have to purchase the new one from the DAZ store as it does look good.

Signature 

You’re welcome to visit my GALLERY
Need a review or looking for tips? Pay a visit HERE

Posted: 27 October 2012 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 542 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

I downloaded a sportscar that comes with a police MAT, called Foberghini. Probably only realistic if the police force you’re rendering has a VERY large budget. Can’t remember where I found it, probably sharecg or renderosity, as I use them the most.

I know of several police departments that had all sorts of sports cars…Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari and so on…and not particularly large budgets.

They were formerly ‘drug cars’ that the police seized.

It’s funny as hell, seeing a Porsche painted black and white with a light bar on its roof…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 27 October 2012 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 543 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1605
Joined  2012-09-16
mjc1016 - 27 October 2012 07:32 AM

I know of several police departments that had all sorts of sports cars…Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari and so on…and not particularly large budgets.

It’s funny as hell, seeing a Porsche painted black and white with a light bar on its roof…

Oh wow, in what country was that?
Can’t imagine the police doing that here in the Netherlands!

Signature 

You’re welcome to visit my GALLERY
Need a review or looking for tips? Pay a visit HERE

Posted: 27 October 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 544 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
Estroyer - 27 October 2012 08:14 AM

US…most of the time, though, they were used for undercover work and rarely painted ‘police colors’.  But every once in a while some city would put one in the livery of their police department.

The property seizure laws, especially related to drug crimes, went pretty darn crazy over here, during the 80s and 90s…so police departments ended up a lot of crazy stuff. (In many cases, they weren’t allowed to sell the stuff…so they were stuck with it or had to destroy it.  And who, in their right mind, wants to send a Porsche off to be crushed?)

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 27 October 2012 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 545 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2010-08-10

I’m looking for a gentleman’s smoking jacket or short bathrobe for Michael 4 (I’m still using DAZ 3).

EDIT: Solution found.

Posted: 27 October 2012 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 546 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13

I’ve got a bathrobe almost done, but it’s for Genesis…the reason I made it is I looked and looked and couldn’t find any freebies, for DS.  Yeah, there’s a couple of free/very low cost items…but they are Poser Dynamics.  I do kind of remember something for M3 or H3, though…yeah, it’s at poserworld…an M3 bathrobe. 

Adzan had a couple of things for H3 that could work…but it would require conversion with CrossDresser or Wardrobe Wizard.

Ode for Hiro has a decent short robe/tunic.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/36259/gallery/11/Poser/Ode-for-Hiro

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 27 October 2012 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 547 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2010-08-10
mjc1016 - 27 October 2012 12:56 PM

I’ve got a bathrobe almost done, but it’s for Genesis…the reason I made it is I looked and looked and couldn’t find any freebies, for DS.  Yeah, there’s a couple of free/very low cost items…but they are Poser Dynamics.  I do kind of remember something for M3 or H3, though…yeah, it’s at poserworld…an M3 bathrobe. 

Adzan had a couple of things for H3 that could work…but it would require conversion with CrossDresser or Wardrobe Wizard.

Ode for Hiro has a decent short robe/tunic.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/36259/gallery/11/Poser/Ode-for-Hiro

Thanks for the link, I downloaded the file, but it’s not what I was seeking.

EDIT: By changing the colors of the lab coat by Glitterati3D & Velocity3D I got the desired look.

very respectfully,
fleet

Posted: 27 October 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 548 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2011-04-14
mjc1016 - 27 October 2012 09:04 AM
Estroyer - 27 October 2012 08:14 AM

US…most of the time, though, they were used for undercover work and rarely painted ‘police colors’.  But every once in a while some city would put one in the livery of their police department.

The property seizure laws, especially related to drug crimes, went pretty darn crazy over here, during the 80s and 90s…so police departments ended up a lot of crazy stuff. (In many cases, they weren’t allowed to sell the stuff…so they were stuck with it or had to destroy it.  And who, in their right mind, wants to send a Porsche off to be crushed?)

Well, the ‘war on drugs’ is pretty much nothing more than a big money making scheme….for both the cops and drug lords.

Anyhow, if you watch some Japanese anime, sports cars often are used as police cars.  Also in Transformers 2000: Carobots, Mach Alert, one of the Auotobots, did become a police Lamborghini.

Posted: 27 October 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 549 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
TheCastellan - 27 October 2012 01:58 PM

Well, the ‘war on drugs’ is pretty much nothing more than a big money making scheme….for both the cops and drug lords.

Anyhow, if you watch some Japanese anime, sports cars often are used as police cars.  Also in Transformers 2000: Carobots, Mach Alert, one of the Auotobots, did become a police Lamborghini.

I used to live in Ohio, in the 80s, and travelling through northern Ohio, along I-80, I’ve seen more than one police sports car…there were several Porsches that were used in that area during the mid-80s.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 27 October 2012 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 550 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1352
Joined  2011-11-16

Yeah, Police departments will use sports cars as “chase” cars/interceptors for highway speed traps, but, typically, not standard patrol. I’ve seen Trans-Ams, Camaros, Chartgers, Mustangs, though not any Euro cars.

Posted: 27 October 2012 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 551 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2011-04-14

Anyhow, are there any face morphs of Tom Baker, Christopher Eccleston, and Billy Dee Williams for Michael 4 and any of Bea Aurthur for Victoria 4?

Posted: 28 October 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 552 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  283
Joined  2003-11-21

Found an old post for a cut throat (barber style) razor but the link is dead… Any suggestions? Making a cover for the Jack the Ripper novel I’m writing and need a razor that would have been used in the late 1880’s smile

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My RotCity Store

People say “The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions…...” WHY? Do they honestly think there is a shortage of Bad Ones?

Posted: 29 October 2012 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 553 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5565
Joined  2006-02-20
Rhadeya - 28 October 2012 03:33 PM

Found an old post for a cut throat (barber style) razor but the link is dead… Any suggestions? Making a cover for the Jack the Ripper novel I’m writing and need a razor that would have been used in the late 1880’s smile

I am not well versed in the history of razors ... would this one do?
http://www.wg3d.com./downloadsx.html

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 29 October 2012 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 554 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  283
Joined  2003-11-21
Kerya - 29 October 2012 01:21 AM

I am not well versed in the history of razors ... would this one do?
http://www.wg3d.com./downloadsx.html

That’s exactly what I’m looking for smile Thank you smile

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My RotCity Store

People say “The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions…...” WHY? Do they honestly think there is a shortage of Bad Ones?

Posted: 29 October 2012 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 555 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  553
Joined  2007-01-05

Someone know where can i find some Sixus1 Draconis Rex pose?

Thanks to all.

37 of 100