30 of 100
General Freebie Requests
Posted: 01 October 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 436 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2011-11-16
mjc1016 - 01 October 2012 09:23 PM

Adam Thwaite’s has a werewolf morph for Genesis over at http://www.most-digital-creations.com/ (warning:some content there can be risque)

I know, but I’m not looking for morphs that would change the actual characters. I’m looking for costumes to dress up the characters for Halloween.

Posted: 01 October 2012 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 437 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6564
Joined  2006-02-20
mjc1016 - 01 October 2012 08:25 AM
Kerya - 01 October 2012 01:07 AM
salterd - 30 September 2012 05:07 PM

Hello All,

Been away for quite a while, but am happy to see all of you! Exciting to see how organized all of this is. I love it!

I have a personal request for a dressmaker’s mannequin for Poser.  If you need a figure as a basis, V4 would be a good one.

Thanks so much and looking forward to catching up with all of you,
—minx

Wasn’t there on on Ness’s page?
The problem is I can’t get the link to work. He had some security measures, so you couldn’t just link to his page ... it was something about having to go through the forums (but with them renamed to forumarchive, that one doesn’t work) ...
http://www.nessrepros.co.uk/

The link I could get working was

http://nessrepros.co.uk/index.php

And the dressmaker dummy is on the Needlework page and is part of Needlework Set 2.

“Permission has not been granted to link to this site!”
No go for me ... :(

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 01 October 2012 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 438 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1422
Joined  2010-03-01
Tramp Graphics - 01 October 2012 09:42 PM

Adam Thwaite’s has a werewolf morph for Genesis over at http://www.most-digital-creations.com/ (warning:some content there can be risque)

I know, but I’m not looking for morphs that would change the actual characters. I’m looking for costumes to dress up the characters for Halloween.

If you type in Mask in the search of either Rendo or Share you will get some really nice options. Share has a scary rabbit mask and Rendo has some asian monster masks. Then to complete the outfits you can use second skins or go through the runtime closest and find bits and pieces. A cloak, bodysuit what ever. This is how we dressed up for Halloween when I was a kid. To poor to buy a costume.

If your characters are based upon M4 or M3 there is a really nice predator set at Share. Just type in predator in the search box.

Posted: 02 October 2012 12:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 439 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2011-11-16
Dollygirl - 01 October 2012 11:51 PM

If you type in Mask in the search of either Rendo or Share you will get some really nice options. Share has a scary rabbit mask and Rendo has some asian monster masks. Then to complete the outfits you can use second skins or go through the runtime closest and find bits and pieces. A cloak, bodysuit what ever. This is how we dressed up for Halloween when I was a kid. To poor to buy a costume.

If your characters are based upon M4 or M3 there is a really nice predator set at Share. Just type in predator in the search box.

All of my characters are based upon Genesis. I did the same for costumes growing up too. Still do.

Posted: 03 October 2012 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 440 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1125
Joined  2005-03-26
Kerya - 01 October 2012 11:48 PM
mjc1016 - 01 October 2012 08:25 AM
Kerya - 01 October 2012 01:07 AM
salterd - 30 September 2012 05:07 PM

I have a personal request for a dressmaker’s mannequin for Poser.  If you need a figure as a basis, V4 would be a good one.
—minx

Wasn’t there on on Ness’s page?
http://www.nessrepros.co.uk/

The link I could get working was

http://nessrepros.co.uk/index.php

And the dressmaker dummy is on the Needlework page and is part of Needlework Set 2.

“Permission has not been granted to link to this site!”
No go for me ... :(

I thought maybe opening it in a tab first opened in the DAZ fora would do it, but no dice.
There’s a slightly older, more generic model at Emperor Ken’s World > 3D Content Downloads, second from the bottom under the cuckoo clock.

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 03 October 2012 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 441 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4682
Joined  2011-11-25
Dollygirl - 30 September 2012 01:55 PM
SereneNight - 25 September 2012 07:00 PM

Has anyone seen any ocean fish which are daz compatible and not NOR non-commercial use only?

Did you try this page?
http://www.planit3d.com/source/meshes_files/aquatics01.html

No, thanks Dollygirl. That was really helpful!

Posted: 03 October 2012 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 442 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13

For the Ness site, copy and paste the address into a new tab…that way there is no referrer attached to it…and that’s what the script on his site is doing, shunting all incoming hits with a referrer to that ‘no access’ page.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 03 October 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 443 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4806
Joined  2011-10-04

Yes, but it also shuts the links inside his page. I copy-pasted a fresh link to his page, which took me to the front page, and then tried to click on link shown and it says no access. :(

Edit: interesting, it is browser-dependant. Trying with Opera? Nope. Firefox? Yes. And I have much more permissive setup for Opera…

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 03 October 2012 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 444 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  390
Joined  2004-03-03

I have a freebie request for a script that will work with DS4.5Tthere’s a little ask version and a big ask version. I’ll be more than happy with the little ask version, but will throw in the big ask version on the off chance.

I need a script that will give me the use of my folder favorites back. The folder favorites are each single line dsa scripts sitting in a particular folder in my DS library each of which will cause the content library pane, in View as List or Tree modes, to jump to the folder named in the script. I also had them as cutom actions in a menu so I could just click to send the library to a particular folder from the menu rather than first having to navigate to the folder where the favorites scripts are. The scripts were made in DS3 with Netherworks Folder Favorites product. In DS4 the product’s script to create new favorites didn’t work any more, but at least my existing folder scripts and actions still worked, and I could hand write new ones simply by taking an existing one and just changing the path in the script to another folder and saving the edited script.

In DS4.5 the existing folder scripts no longer work and just produce an error message.

So, the little ask:

Simply, this is the script in an existing script that worked in DS3 and 4 but errors in DS4.5 rather than sending the content library pane to the named directory (some are to folders in assorted Poser Runtimes, others are to folders in a DS3 content and the DS4 My Library):

MainWindow.getPaneMgr().findPane("DzLibraryPane").setCurrentFolder("F:/Curious Labs/Poser 6/runtime/libraries/character/! Hair"); 

What is the script line to do this in DS4.5?

If sombeody can tell me that, that will do, and I can edit all the existing folder scripts and hand write new ones. I would be very, very grateful for that.

The big ask version would be for a script that would work as follows:

After having been turned into a custom action, calling the script would create, in a specified My Library folder, a script as described above to whatever folder was the selected one in the content library pane when the action was called (i.e. it would make new favorite folder scripts for me rather than me having to write them in the Svript IDE myself ... but as I say, I’d be quite happy just knowing how to write them; having a script to write those scripts would just be nice, not essential).

Posted: 03 October 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 445 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1125
Joined  2005-03-26

Does anyone have, or can anyone make, a Venus de Milo pose for V3 or V4 (or Genesis)?  For that matter, even one for Posette would be all right.  I just need a Venus de Milo for a render.  Proper credit will be given (it’s for the MMHB challenge…)

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 04 October 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 446 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2955
Joined  2010-11-30
Skiriki - 03 October 2012 03:03 PM

Yes, but it also shuts the links inside his page. I copy-pasted a fresh link to his page, which took me to the front page, and then tried to click on link shown and it says no access. :(

Edit: interesting, it is browser-dependant. Trying with Opera? Nope. Firefox? Yes. And I have much more permissive setup for Opera…

Odd - I can’t access anything but the front page with SeaMonkey (which is supposed to be Firefox-compatible) or Internet Explorer. And I tried with both current and legacy versions of IE.

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the December Freebie Challenge! (And see who won November’s Challenge, too!)

Posted: 04 October 2012 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 447 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17035
Joined  2003-10-09

I did email The Ness, and he said that he knows there is a probelem, is not tech savvy enough to know how to sort it out himself, but is hoping that his site will reappear someitme in the future, with a new host.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 04 October 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 448 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  334
Joined  2011-12-14

Does this need Evolution or some other extra as well? I’m sure I tried it with just basic Genesis and it didn’t work.

Does anyone know where I could find some fur for Genesis? Werewolf style? I can warp his face using other morphs.

Posted: 04 October 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 449 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5334
Joined  2008-03-06
Eustace Scrubb - 03 October 2012 08:30 PM

Does anyone have, or can anyone make, a Venus de Milo pose for V3 or V4 (or Genesis)?  For that matter, even one for Posette would be all right.  I just need a Venus de Milo for a render.  Proper credit will be given (it’s for the MMHB challenge…)

I can do a Genesis one if you haven’t been helped.  Are you transmapping out the arms, or what do you feel they should be doing?

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery and tutorials.

Posted: 04 October 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 450 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17035
Joined  2003-10-09
SickleYield - 04 October 2012 10:26 AM
Eustace Scrubb - 03 October 2012 08:30 PM

I can do a Genesis one if you haven’t been helped.  Are you transmapping out the arms, or what do you feel they should be doing?

And don’t forget, in order to qualify for the freebie challenge it has to be free for everyone to download.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

30 of 100