Digital Art Zone

81 of 100
General Freebie Requests
Posted: 08 June 2013 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1201 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-03-02

I am looking for a computer with keyboard and mouse (maybe even mousepad and tower if possible)  With searching this thread I have not been able to find any previous requests for one but I could be wrong.

If anyone knows of a free version of a desktop computer that is free then I would really appreciate a link.

Also, I just remembered that I would also like a monitor lifter.  I’m not sure what they are called but they are boxes with built in keyboard trays or just a platform for a monitor.

Thank you everyone!  This thread is wonderful! smile

Posted: 08 June 2013 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1202 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2591
Joined  2010-11-30
Cougar Madcat - 08 June 2013 12:29 PM

I am looking for a computer with keyboard and mouse (maybe even mousepad and tower if possible)  With searching this thread I have not been able to find any previous requests for one but I could be wrong.

If anyone knows of a free version of a desktop computer that is free then I would really appreciate a link.

Also, I just remembered that I would also like a monitor lifter.  I’m not sure what they are called but they are boxes with built in keyboard trays or just a platform for a monitor.

The best I can find for a desktop computer on a quick search is TrekkieGrrl’s “Toon ‘Pooter”, near the bottom of http://trekkiegrrrl.dk/prp8.htm
You might be better off creating a cube primitive, changing its scale (on the x, y, or z axis as appropriate) so it’s a rectangular box, and texturing it with a photo of a real PC.

The search for peripherals was somewhat better - lab108 has a pc keyboard, USB cable, mouse, and LCD monitor (as well as a notebook PC) at http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/electrical.html

No luck finding a monitor shelf…

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge, or the RRRR, or one of the other contests. I think Jaderail would have wanted that.

Posted: 08 June 2013 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1203 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  572
Joined  2008-07-18

Anyone know where there are closed-toe, flat shoes (i.e. ballet slippers or loafers) and/or boots for Luke or Laura 3? I know I’ve seen free ones somewhere.  Someone asked me to make some but I feel like there are some already out there.  I can’t even find “sensible shoes” or “bossy boots” for luke or laura.

And…is there a freebie list for Luke/Laura stuff? I checked chohole’s master list and didn’t see one but it looks like there was one on the old forums that simply returns a 404 error page.

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

Posted: 08 June 2013 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1204 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-03-02
robkelk - 08 June 2013 03:38 PM
Cougar Madcat - 08 June 2013 12:29 PM

The best I can find for a desktop computer on a quick search is TrekkieGrrl’s “Toon ‘Pooter”, near the bottom of http://trekkiegrrrl.dk/prp8.htm
You might be better off creating a cube primitive, changing its scale (on the x, y, or z axis as appropriate) so it’s a rectangular box, and texturing it with a photo of a real PC.

The search for peripherals was somewhat better - lab108 has a pc keyboard, USB cable, mouse, and LCD monitor (as well as a notebook PC) at http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/electrical.html

No luck finding a monitor shelf…

Thanks Robkelk!  The toon computer will come in handy down the line as well.  They are perfect!

Posted: 09 June 2013 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1205 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5573
Joined  2006-02-20
andolaurina - 08 June 2013 04:19 PM

And…is there a freebie list for Luke/Laura stuff? I checked chohole’s master list and didn’t see one but it looks like there was one on the old forums that simply returns a 404 error page.

forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=2170116#2170116

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 09 June 2013 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1206 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  572
Joined  2008-07-18
Kerya - 09 June 2013 01:21 AM

That’s it! Thanks, Kerya! smile

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

Posted: 09 June 2013 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1207 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  2007-10-21
robkelk - 04 June 2013 07:33 PM

Can anyone suggest a free alternative to the Multiplane Cyclorama beach scene?

There’s something similar here: Lake Beach. It has a ground plane and a background plane, and some extra textures for it.

Signature 

RedEyeCat Freebies!

Posted: 09 June 2013 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1208 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30
mmalbert - 09 June 2013 10:20 AM
robkelk - 04 June 2013 07:33 PM

Can anyone suggest a free alternative to the Multiplane Cyclorama beach scene?

There’s something similar here: Lake Beach. It has a ground plane and a background plane, and some extra textures for it.

Thanks, mmalbert! That’s just was I was looking for.

Signature 

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge, or the RRRR, or one of the other contests. I think Jaderail would have wanted that.

Posted: 09 June 2013 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1209 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30
andolaurina - 09 June 2013 09:44 AM
Kerya - 09 June 2013 01:21 AM

That’s it! Thanks, Kerya! smile

I’ve just copied all the links from that thread (except for the ones I know go to dead sites) into a spreadsheet. Don’t expect an updated list immediately, but one just might pop up “Daz Soon”...

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2013 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1210 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-21
robkelk - 09 June 2013 10:47 AM

Thanks, mmalbert! That’s just was I was looking for.

You’re welcome!

There’s also this one from MostDigitalCreations: Shoreline.

An ocean view rather than a lake/river view.

Signature 

RedEyeCat Freebies!

Posted: 09 June 2013 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1211 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30

Thanks again!

Now I discover that I need a free swimsuit or summer outfit with Stephanie 4 morphs. (The V4 one-piece swimsuit at Most Digital Creations fits S4 like a tent in the chest area and is too tight around the hips… and Manomano’s summer outfits are worse, even with the Aiko Realistic morphs dialed all the way up. There’s just no substitute for a genuine S4 morph.) Does anybody know of one?

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2013 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1212 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-21

Stephanie4 is hard to fit, unfortunately. Even with Morph Follower (I use DS3.) But LMD’s Retro Bikini fits her well after using Morph Follower, and elleque’s Tropical Breeze dress set fits her fine without any tweaking at all. Using the Caitlyn body, the Manomano bikini fit pretty well—maybe Manomano’s clothes would work better on a S4 with more boob? :p

Also, a couple of really old freebies didn’t work too badly: Kirwin’s Shorts for V4 and AS’s My Vest for V4. The shorts fit well after using Morph Follower, to my surprise. The old AS vest was a bit deformed in the boob area, but if you have those old freebies, you might try playing more with them and seeing what you get.

Image Attachments
sp4-retrobikini.pngsp4-tropicalbreeze.pngs4-kirwinshorts-asmyvest.png
 Signature 

RedEyeCat Freebies!

Posted: 09 June 2013 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1213 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30
mmalbert - 09 June 2013 04:52 PM

Stephanie4 is hard to fit, unfortunately. Even with Morph Follower (I use DS3.) But LMD’s Retro Bikini fits her well after using Morph Follower, and elleque’s Tropical Breeze dress set fits her fine without any tweaking at all. Using the Caitlyn body, the Manomano bikini fit pretty well—maybe Manomano’s clothes would work better on a S4 with more boob? :p

Maybe, but making her less flat-chested rather spoils the intended image…

Tropical Breeze looks lovely, though. Thanks for the help!

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2013 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1214 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2009-08-05

Can someone tell me where I can find those popular below-ankle socks for Genesis? I think that’s what they’re called. They’re colorful and don’t go any higher than below the ankle and they’re popular with the kids.

Posted: 11 June 2013 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1215 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2006-10-25

There’s a set of freebie props I once had but can’t find now. It includes several draped fabrics that looks like the ones you’d find in a studio setting.

Signature 

ShareCG Freebies

DeviantArt Gallery

Project FAME Blog

81 of 100