it appears when I render

I will post it soon

Image Attachments
back_of_head.jpgfront_of_head.jpgside_of_head_.jpg

Posted: 18 January 2013 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  538
Joined  2011-04-12

That looks like what happens when a geografted part is turned invisible.  Check in your Scene tab to make sure the ears and crest are set as visible.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 18 January 2013 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  945
Joined  2006-02-27

Yes it is invisible, but why does the geografted part do that?

Posted: 18 January 2013 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1573
Joined  2005-02-25

I assume you loaded the geographed parts, look in the scene tab, next to the geographed parts, is the eye on or off? and check surfaces opacity make sure its 100%.

Posted: 18 January 2013 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

My question is not why is it invisible, I turned it invisible

My question is why do the geografted parts do that?

Posted: 18 January 2013 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  503
Joined  2003-10-09

Because it is turning a body part off. It is just like hiding the head. It replaces the existing mesh with the new mesh.

Posted: 18 January 2013 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1573
Joined  2005-02-25

exactly. the new mesh parts, the fins and ears and such- swap out the original mesh and replace it with the new geometry mesh. the old mesh isn’t really there now.  and when you turn a hand invisible it wont’ render, and if you turn the fin, which was part of the head invisible, it will of course leave a hole.

I do wish that the TEXTURE for aquatic genesis had two versions though, one for the fins/finned hands and feet/ and one for default genesis.  You absolutely cannot mix and match this set.  i wish it was in the description.  I wanted to put hair on it not use the geografted head fin but the gray part of the head texture was so low on the forehead that i couldn’t hide it. 

I mean i like the product but it really isn’t very versatile. 

I like products that mix and match better. 

i like using rawart’s and valandar’s scaly textures (lots to choose from) and then i took a small part of those and used it to fill in the hands and feet of Aquatic genesis.  A lot of work to get an aquatic genesis without a big gray patch on the head. but worth it for the hands and feet.

Posted: 18 January 2013 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

Also when you use any morphs that change the shape of the head along the ears you can see the right through the edges of the ear fins.

Posted: 19 January 2013 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1571
Joined  2008-11-10
belovedalia - 18 January 2013 09:30 PM

exactly. the new mesh parts, the fins and ears and such- swap out the original mesh and replace it with the new geometry mesh. the old mesh isn’t really there now.  and when you turn a hand invisible it wont’ render, and if you turn the fin, which was part of the head invisible, it will of course leave a hole.

I do wish that the TEXTURE for aquatic genesis had two versions though, one for the fins/finned hands and feet/ and one for default genesis.  You absolutely cannot mix and match this set.  i wish it was in the description.  I wanted to put hair on it not use the geografted head fin but the gray part of the head texture was so low on the forehead that i couldn’t hide it. 

I mean i like the product but it really isn’t very versatile. 

I like products that mix and match better. 

i like using rawart’s and valandar’s scaly textures (lots to choose from) and then i took a small part of those and used it to fill in the hands and feet of Aquatic genesis.  A lot of work to get an aquatic genesis without a big gray patch on the head. but worth it for the hands and feet.

In defense, it’s versatile in the fact that the body shapes can be mixed, but the product was made for using all the fins because of the artist’s vision for the character. And you’ll get the same thing with any other’s PA character that has geografted parts… they don’t have an option of using the texture without the geografted items.

Posted: 19 January 2013 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

Also Geografting is still really new.

I just wish the area that turns invisible were smaller or that there were a way to make it smaller.

Posted: 19 January 2013 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13433
Joined  2003-10-09
JohnDelaquiox - 18 January 2013 11:04 PM

Also when you use any morphs that change the shape of the head along the ears you can see the right through the edges of the ear fins.

It should be welding to the original mesh, so that when a morph is applied at least the edges of the graft are pulled along. Can you give a couple of examples of morphs that show this and I’ll see if I get the same here.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 19 January 2013 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

sure

I keep getting Error Message:  Unable to receive your submission at this time

Image Attachments
aqua_front.jpgaqua_back.jpg

Posted: 19 January 2013 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13433
Joined  2003-10-09

I was asking which morphs you see it with, so i can do a test - as I said, that shouldn’t happen.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 19 January 2013 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

A mix of the creature creator morphs and this set

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hfs-shapes-for-genesis/97223

Posted: 19 January 2013 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-25

Nice creature, John.  Those are cool creature morphs you’re working from. Wish I had had those available when I made the bubbles. I see a bit of distortion because of that. (Sorry about that. It’s hard to figure out which morphs to support.)

Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

9 of 10