The leg fins are doing something kind of odd in this pose

Image Attachments
from_the_deep.jpg

Posted: 08 September 2012 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1141
Joined  2003-11-25

Hi John.  I’m looking at your render, but I’m not sure I’m seeing the “oddness”.  Perhaps it’s my eyes, but could you explain what is going on for you?

Edited to add: Oh, wait. Don’t answer. I see what you mean.  I had to go in and look at the close-up of the legs.  D’oh.  Silly me.

I might actually know the answer to this.  :D First, did you use a pose preset to create this?  If so, the problem is that the pose preset has information in it that pertains to the foot bones.  These have to be removed first, or completely zeroed out in order for the foot fins to behave.  It’s a quirk of the geografting. 

I should point out in a shameless plug that all of the poses in The Deep Ones have been optimized for the geografted fins to avoid any “fin jump”.  :D

Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 08 September 2012 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1010
Joined  2006-02-27

Here

You can clearly see the the edges of the leg fins are wider or thicker than Genesis’s legs

Image Attachments
foot_fins.JPGfrom_the_deep_fins.jpg

Posted: 08 September 2012 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4815
Joined  2011-10-04

I think there’s a bit of thickness mismatch—look at way above the ankle. A faint difference in thickness.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 08 September 2012 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25

See my above answer.  I realized AFTER I first posted that I needed to look in closer.  And then I was able to ascertain what was going on.

Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 08 September 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

OK that explains it

I want your poses, I have to see how things go today before I can get them

thanks

Posted: 08 September 2012 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25

Yeah, this was something that Blondie and I stumbled upon when working together on this project. There was no prior documentation on it. So, when I first built the poses, I had no idea that I had to make sure that the feet had to be zeroed.  And it’s not like I was building the Genesis poses with the feet involved in the first place, because I knew that they would be “invisible” and therefore not in the plan.  So it caught all of us by surprise.  I had to go back and edit out all the code for the foot bones.  (Oddly enough, the hand bones weren’t as disruptive - well, at least not until I added the cavitation bubbles, but that’s another story. Lol.)

It was a learning experience, I’ll tell you that.

Signature 

Posted: 08 September 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

Its a great product! and your pose set looks fantastic

I think I have one of your sword poses sets but I can’t remember

Posted: 08 September 2012 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  759
Joined  2003-10-09

Yeah— there is a section in the ReadMe about this.  This was yet another “snag” that wasn’t discovered until the product was in Q.A., and it was driving me and everybody else nuts trying to figure out what the problem was.

What happens is this:  Even though Genesis’s feet are “hidden,” they are still able to activate weight maps and JCMs that affect the ankles—so, if they’re not zeroed, they activate weight maps and JCMs that aren’t designed to work with the geo-grafted feet, and you get “gaps.”

Since most pre-made poses have the feet in some position other than “zero,” if you use such a pose, you need to go in and make sure the feet are in “zero” position; otherwise, you can get weird results.

Posted: 08 September 2012 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

Its no biggie

Still love the thing

Posted: 08 September 2012 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2331
Joined  2005-09-05

Still working on this but I wanted to post something…it’s still a bit dark and the shark needs some more work also.

Image Attachments
swimming_for_life_2.jpg
 Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 01 October 2012 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4815
Joined  2011-10-04

What’s better than Genesis Baby?

AQUATIC GENESIS BABY!

I had to render this picture in three parts: one with the undersea part, one with the oversea part, and then the water layer. Gah! And considering the complexities involved in rendering, in order to keep render times acceptable, won’t redo this one in a bigger size until I have a render farm…

Edited to add: no, that’s not a tinky-winky, that’s a belly-button which is an outie.

Image Attachments
Merbaby.jpg
 Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 01 October 2012 04:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1618
Joined  2005-02-25

btw I used Aquatic Genesis in a picture here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/381/P345/

Love it!!!!! smile it’s getting used in a commissioned piece too. Fabulous set! smile

Posted: 18 January 2013 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

I’m having a tiny issue

When ever I load the ear fins the head where its attached becomes see through and when they are not loaded its just grey

Posted: 18 January 2013 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15803
Joined  2003-10-09

Did you render? If not, it’s most likely just the transparency preview in DS.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

8 of 10