Digital Art Zone

1 of 10
Aquatic Genesis NOW IN THE STORE! [Commercial]
Posted: 14 August 2012 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  759
Joined  2003-10-09

Now in the store, and 50% off for one day only!

Image Attachments
thumbnail.jpg

Posted: 14 August 2012 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  0

That looks very cool.

Posted: 14 August 2012 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2005-12-12

Indeed. The skin looks great.

Posted: 14 August 2012 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  621
Joined  2004-11-04

I found it wink

Signature 

DZ FIRE’S
MASTER MODELS

Click HERE to get started.
Facebook

Posted: 14 August 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3055
Joined  2004-10-25

Looks good so far Blondie.  I hope you plan on giving us some more teasers, especially a little larger and perhaps a closeup or two, so we can see the skin even better.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 14 August 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

This is something I’ve been thinking of making for a long time now—an aquatic human with webbed hands and feet and a fin-crest on the head—either a human genetically altered to live in the water, or maybe a separate branch of humanity that went back to the water eons ago.  Prior to the development of Genesis and geo-grafting, such a thing wasn’t feasible—but now it is.

The set includes four geo-graft items:  the head crest, ears, hands, and feet.  Each is fully rigged and poseable—even the spines in the crest and ears can be individually posed.

There are two full texture sets:  silver-blue and green-brown speckle.

Here’s a shot showing a fuller view:

Image Attachments
sample_green_1.jpg

Posted: 14 August 2012 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3420
Joined  2007-06-22

You’ve answered my question - its for Genesis.
I really like the look of this. The webbed hands are really cool - can you use thenm on shorter fingers?
I don’t suppose theres a mermaid like tail anywhere, its one thing that Genesis is missing and trying to use the gen4 ones is a nightmare.

Posted: 14 August 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  648
Joined  2006-09-30

Nice!

Does it come with a fit for The Daz Cow?

Signature 

MOO!

Posted: 14 August 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1139
Joined  2003-11-25

I’ve had the privilege of playing with this watery creature, and it’s a treat! Blondie really did a great job with the texture and the rigging on the geografted parts.  It’s very fun to play with.

And to help you play with the beastie, I’ve whipped together a pose set, consisting of 27 poses (including separate poses for each of the geografted body parts) for Genesis swimming, skulking, lurking, and diving.  In addition, there are 9 vignette poses - 3 for Aquatic versus Genesis base, 3 for Aquatic versus V5, and 3 for Aquatic versus M5.

Here’s a sample of one of the vignette poses:

Image Attachments
Deep_Ones_Promo_081412_c_Forum.jpg
 Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 14 August 2012 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1498
Joined  2006-07-04

Very cool.

I have to say, I’m glad the ears are a separate graft, since this is almost perfect for an image I want to do, but the merfolk I’m trying to do would be earless. smile

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 14 August 2012 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1139
Joined  2003-11-25

Here’s another vignette, this time with M5.

Image Attachments
Deep_Ones_Promo_2_081412_b_forum.jpg
 Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 14 August 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
scorpio64dragon - 14 August 2012 03:24 PM

I really like the look of this. The webbed hands are really cool - can you use thenm on shorter fingers?

No.  The hands are not morphs of Genesis’s hands; they complete geo-grafts—in other words, I did not just stick webbing between Genesis’s fingers.  However, you may be able to shorten the fingers using scaling.

scorpio64dragon - 14 August 2012 03:24 PM

I don’t suppose theres a mermaid like tail anywhere, its one thing that Genesis is missing and trying to use the gen4 ones is a nightmare.

No, sorry, no mermaid tail.  These aren’t intended to be mermaids, but aquatic humans.

DaWaterRat - 14 August 2012 03:55 PM

I have to say, I’m glad the ears are a separate graft, since this is almost perfect for an image I want to do, but the merfolk I’m trying to do would be earless. smile

This may not work for what you want, since no textures are provided for the portions of Genesis replaced by the geo-grafted parts—that is, there are no textures for Genesis’s own ears, hands, or feet. 

Posted: 14 August 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17

Does it come with a dorsal fin?

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 14 August 2012 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8320
Joined  2009-05-14

Oh that looks Fintanstic blondie. wink

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 14 August 2012 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Hey, Miss B—you asked for it, you got it—-

Here is a close-up of the silver-blue texture.  I’ll post one of the green speckle texture when it finishes rendering.

Image Attachments
sample_silver-blue.jpg

Posted: 14 August 2012 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3055
Joined  2004-10-25

WOW!!!  That’s amazing!!!  Can’t wait to see the other one too.  This looks quite nice.  Definitely different from anything anyone else has ever tried, and I have wanted to do some more underwater scenes again for a long time now.

Keep up the great work.  grin

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

1 of 10