RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2005-12-12

I don’t care much either way.

Posted: 14 August 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  634
Joined  2008-07-16

To be honest it does not seem to matter much on my computer, but it does seem better on a tablet… now I wanna check it out on an iPhone… will have to wait till I see my wife later, for that. The transparent black border at the bottom is nice, but it blocks out some of the promo info… which may or may not be an issue for some folks… ?

Is it just me or have the promos been looking different lately?
More contrast, and slightly darker backgrounds… looks good.

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 14 August 2012 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1745
Joined  2012-04-14

I do like the new thumbnails but I too would like more info on when a sale is ending included.

Posted: 14 August 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2950
Joined  2004-10-25
KickAir 8P - 14 August 2012 08:26 AM
DWG - 14 August 2012 08:07 AM

. . . I also really like the overlaying of the discount percentage on the top of the image, with this set of changes in place I think the new store has now surpassed the old one.

Hmmmmmmm, not quite IMHO.  People are getting burned because we don’t have the sale-end dates back in the store.

On-topic, it’d be great to have them up with the discount percentage in the store’s grid view!  (“Save 30% through 8/31/2012”, for example — DAZ can reduce the fontsize on “through” so it doesn’t take up much room.)  Off-topic, we at least need sale-end dates back on the product pages before I can agree that the new store surpasses the old one (and that’s aside from issues like coupon handling/restrictions and file-size info).

I have to agree with you Beth, the sale end dates are really important.  If I don’t take note of it in the newsletter, I have no way of planning when to buy what.  I like to spread out my purchases so they aren’t all clumped together.  That way some might actually wind up in the next month’s bill.  wink

As far as the larger thumbnails go, I like them, but as has been mentioned, that lengthens the amount of pages in a category to go through.  That said, however, the one thing the old store allowed us to do was “save” the amount of items per page so that it was optimized to the largest number per page (in the new store that would be 60), but this new store only saves it as long as you’re online.  If you have to close your browser and reopen it (for whatever reason) and come back to the DAZ store, it defaults back to only 15 per page, which also happens when I log back in the next day.  If that could be fixed as it was in the old store, that would be really nice.  I’ve already bookmarked New Releases and DAZ Originals that way, but I’m not about to bookmark every single category so that I can be sure I’m getting 60 items per page all the time.

OK, I think that’s the end of my mini-rant, though I prefer to think of it as constructive critique.  grin

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 15 August 2012 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2762
Joined  2010-11-30
DAZ_bfurner - 13 August 2012 01:45 PM

... What about the product pages with the new “You May Also Like” list? ...

Please put the “Add To Wishlist” button back.

Or, at the very least, tell us how to add products to our wishlists now that you’ve taken the easy way away from us.

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 15 August 2012 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2006-10-08
robkelk - 15 August 2012 07:25 PM

Or, at the very least, tell us how to add products to our wishlists now that you’ve taken the easy way away from us.

It’s on top of the main product picture: Wishlist to the left of it is Compare smile

Posted: 15 August 2012 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2762
Joined  2010-11-30
Timesurfer - 15 August 2012 08:00 PM
robkelk - 15 August 2012 07:25 PM

It’s on top of the main product picture: Wishlist to the left of it is Compare smile

I don’t see a Compare button, either.

Here’s what I see in SeaMonkey. (That big “M” is the “Email to a friend” button.)

Image Attachments
Clipboard.jpg
 Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 16 August 2012 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2003-10-09
Ivy - 13 August 2012 05:09 PM

Though I have to admit as Daz moves forward with genesis and away from gen4 and poser compatibilities,. I maybe spending a lot less money here than I use to. it was nice to be able to buy a model or product that worked in both programs ..
Now days , I’m just filling my runtimes with products that poser and older daz3a can share.,  more bang for my buck so to speak.
This crappy economy has made it so I can’t afford to feed both poser and daz4 programs, with different models for that I am truly sorry because there is some very nice gen5 products I won’t be able to use.
But the new web site is awesome

Ivy, I just wanted to say we appreciate your comments on the site. Also I can’t let much out of the bag yet, but you should know DAZ has moved dramatically forward with our Genesis technology as well as recently modifying our business model.  I have a feeling the next few months will begin to resolve your concerns with Gen5 products.  Thanks again.

Posted: 16 August 2012 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2003-10-09
robkelk - 15 August 2012 08:41 PM

I don’t see a Compare button, either.

Here’s what I see in SeaMonkey. (That big “M” is the “Email to a friend” button.)

Rob,

It appears your browser has cached the old DAZ stylesheet so you aren’t seeing the new styles that display the wishlist, compare and share icons.

Please force refresh your browser and you should see the new icons.  Let us know if you can’t seem to get things displaying correctly.

cheese

Image Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

Posted: 16 August 2012 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2003-10-09
Miss B - 14 August 2012 01:22 PM

I have to agree with you Beth, the sale end dates are really important.  If I don’t take note of it in the newsletter, I have no way of planning when to buy what.  I like to spread out my purchases so they aren’t all clumped together.  That way some might actually wind up in the next month’s bill.  wink

As far as the larger thumbnails go, I like them, but as has been mentioned, that lengthens the amount of pages in a category to go through.  That said, however, the one thing the old store allowed us to do was “save” the amount of items per page so that it was optimized to the largest number per page (in the new store that would be 60), but this new store only saves it as long as you’re online.  If you have to close your browser and reopen it (for whatever reason) and come back to the DAZ store, it defaults back to only 15 per page, which also happens when I log back in the next day.  If that could be fixed as it was in the old store, that would be really nice.  I’ve already bookmarked New Releases and DAZ Originals that way, but I’m not about to bookmark every single category so that I can be sure I’m getting 60 items per page all the time.

OK, I think that’s the end of my mini-rant, though I prefer to think of it as constructive critique.  grin

Miss B,
Just a couple updates.  We know the sale end dates are an issue.  This new commerce engine handles discounts in a much more complex way than our old store, so displaying end dates accurately isn’t a small task.  We may end up displaying them in a little different way than we did in the old store.  At any rate we will be addressing end dates in the near future.

As far as categories result pages, they are still displaying the same amount of products per page.  The thumbnails are slightly taller so there will be more scrolling involved but you shouldn’t have to click through more pages.  We did extensive optimization and testing to make sure the new thumbnails did not increase page load times as well. We apologize that we’ve increased scrolling per page, but we do feel the new thumbnails do a much better job showing off the product imagery and we feel confident the overall shopping experience will be improved.

Finally, in the old store we allowed customers to save their preferred number of products per page in the database.  The new commerce engine saves this setting exclusively in sessions.  Closing your browser or leaving the site ends your session and this preference is lost.  I will make sure this feature is added to our request list.  You aren’t the only one missing this feature.

Thanks for the feedback.  Hopefully you’ll continue to let us know what we’re doing good and bad as we continue to improve the site.

Posted: 16 August 2012 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  750
Joined  2003-10-09
DWG - 14 August 2012 08:07 AM

Only downside is I’ve noticed a couple of thumbnails that weren’t really flattered by the larger view, including one which looked to have slightly skewed proportions, but that’s a handful in the nearly 1000 I skimmed past over the weekend.

Yes, several of my products have ‘squashed’ thumbnails, but I’ve already uploaded new ones to replace them. Since we PAs are just getting to grips with the new sizes too, you’ll see skewed thumbs gradually replaced over time. They’re mostly caused by the thumbnails being generated from horizontal format originals, which squashes them into verticals.

mac

Posted: 16 August 2012 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2005-10-21

I really like the new format - bigger thumbnails look better and show off the product to great effect!  I also like the red sale tags. smile  Glad to hear that the sale end dates are being addressed; it can be annoying when something suddenly goes off sale just as you were about to buy it….

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned here (though I’ve seen it mentioned in several previous threads) is the file size info - both on the product page and in the download process.  I think it is very important to know file sizes in advance, especially for people who are still on slow download speeds, and it helps to identify whether you have a completed download or a failed one.  Hope this can be added back to the pages and downloads soon.

Otherwise - keep up the good work Daz!! wink

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2950
Joined  2004-10-25
DAZ_Jeff - 16 August 2012 01:09 AM
Miss B - 14 August 2012 01:22 PM

Miss B,
Just a couple updates.  We know the sale end dates are an issue.  This new commerce engine handles discounts in a much more complex way than our old store, so displaying end dates accurately isn’t a small task.  We may end up displaying them in a little different way than we did in the old store.  At any rate we will be addressing end dates in the near future.

As far as categories result pages, they are still displaying the same amount of products per page.  The thumbnails are slightly taller so there will be more scrolling involved but you shouldn’t have to click through more pages.  We did extensive optimization and testing to make sure the new thumbnails did not increase page load times as well. We apologize that we’ve increased scrolling per page, but we do feel the new thumbnails do a much better job showing off the product imagery and we feel confident the overall shopping experience will be improved.

Finally, in the old store we allowed customers to save their preferred number of products per page in the database.  The new commerce engine saves this setting exclusively in sessions.  Closing your browser or leaving the site ends your session and this preference is lost.  I will make sure this feature is added to our request list.  You aren’t the only one missing this feature.

Thanks for the feedback.  Hopefully you’ll continue to let us know what we’re doing good and bad as we continue to improve the site.

Thanks for the updates Jeff.  So far those were my main concerns, but if I come across something else, I’ll be sure to post.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 16 August 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  2011-04-12

I’m not entirely happy about the reduced number of items visible at a time, but that’s just a minor nuisance.  What keeps tripping me up, especially during the current sale, is that PC items no longer display the “P” logo; instead, they just have a Very Large Percent Off sign in the corner, looking just like any other Percent Off sign.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 17 August 2012 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1771
Joined  2010-10-10

I tried the Forced Refresh but I still can’t see the “Add to Wishlist”. I’m using Firefox.

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

2 of 3