Digital Art Zone

How to install RC4.5 without the basic content?
Posted: 13 August 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2012-05-25

How to install RC4.5 without the basic content?
i do not like the free basic content, how can i un-install or just install the program without content.

Signature 

Very Happy that i save $$$ for products that have no manual and invest this in the great lux modo :p

Posted: 13 August 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

Right now it is not possible to do so as the installers are all bundled with the content.  What you can do is customize your install to specify a new location for the default content and then remove that directory from your Content Directory Manager listings.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 13 August 2012 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2012-02-12

You can use windows uninstall functionnality. Just look for DS4 Default content in Windows add/remove programs.

Be aware that you won’t be able to use Uberenvironnement or Shader presets and may be also standard lights. I would backup a few usefull things before doing that

Good luck

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 13 August 2012 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2009-06-11
adamr001 - 13 August 2012 11:12 AM

Right now it is not possible to do so as the installers are all bundled with the content.  What you can do is customize your install to specify a new location for the default content and then remove that directory from your Content Directory Manager listings.

The basic content also has it’s own uninstaller (a link is in the “DazStudio4\Installed DS Content” directory) which you could run to remove it. I agree with the OP there is nothing in it I use either. In the good-ol-days of Studio 3, Daz would release 2 installers, one with Content and another without. The one WITHOUT Default content, still contained the stuff like lights, shaders etc, as mentioned by Takeo.Kensei above, but removed the rest of the “fluff”. Hopefully DAZ will return to this and make it a seperate installer, or better yet a seperate download(so we don’t waste time downloading 400+ megs that were never going to use.), for the final version.

Posted: 13 August 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

Yes, you could use the uninstaller, but it won’t fix the paths in the Contend Directory Manager and you’ll have to do that anyway.

You’ll also lose quite a few other useful things as mentioned by other posters.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index