Digital Art Zone

Quick question about the Powerpose tool.
Posted: 13 August 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2007-04-08

Hi guys,

I’ve got a character whose hand is exactly where I want it, but I want to twist the body round and keep the hand where it is.  I’ve used the Powerpose tool to get to where I am, with some success, and I was just wondering whether there’s a nice simple way to say “Move anything except that damned hand!”

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 13 August 2012 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

You could try Pinning BlumBlum. Select the Bone tool and then your hand, with the hand selected hit the spacebar. That pins it in place. You can then use the bone tool to select any part of your character and move it as you like and the hand will stay pinned in place.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 13 August 2012 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17075
Joined  2003-10-09

OOh that sounds painful   Pinning BlumBlum.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 13 August 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
chohole - 13 August 2012 10:47 AM

OOh that sounds painful   Pinning BlumBlum.

Hehehe… new render idea. OH NO the TOS would not let me post it, man.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 13 August 2012 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

No pin the BlumBlum!

Thanks Jeff, I didn’t know about that little trick.  I used the pin on the rotation thingo but that didn’t do anything.  This way it works really well.  Now I can do the same with his foot and move him around how I want him.  Shame it’s gonna hurt, but you know how it is, pain begats art!

Signature 

Posted: 13 August 2012 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
BlumBlumShub - 13 August 2012 02:13 PM

No pin the BlumBlum!

Thanks Jeff, I didn’t know about that little trick.  I used the pin on the rotation thingo but that didn’t do anything.  This way it works really well.  Now I can do the same with his foot and move him around how I want him.  Shame it’s gonna hurt, but you know how it is, pain begats art!

I never did figure out what the first type of pinning was for. The Bone pinning is just like DS3’s Tool Pinning. I use it very often. It’s great for editing a pose that is close but not just right.

Signature 

Posted: 13 August 2012 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17075
Joined  2003-10-09

Pins are for voodoo dolls.  I needs me a few of those. Voodoo dolls I mean, have plenty of pins, as an ex-dressmaker.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 13 August 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
chohole - 13 August 2012 02:34 PM

Pins are for voodoo dolls.  I needs me a few of those. Voodoo dolls I mean, have plenty of pins, as an ex-dressmaker.

I have plenty of voodoo dolls, pre and post bled.

Signature