6 of 10
 Making Fake Ads using DAZ characters
Posted: 13 September 2012 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2006-05-14
TheSavage64 - 13 September 2012 07:01 AM

I love that gorilla, he’s really cool.

Is that the Millennium Gorilla or the Genesis Gorilla? And what texture are you using on it, because it seems to be more hairy than any gorilla I have ever seen.

Posted: 18 September 2012 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2007-12-10
Jake__Russel - 13 September 2012 11:36 AM
TheSavage64 - 13 September 2012 07:01 AM

I love that gorilla, he’s really cool.

Is that the Millennium Gorilla or the Genesis Gorilla? And what texture are you using on it, because it seems to be more hairy than any gorilla I have ever seen.

Sorry Jake I must have missed this when you posted it.
It’s not Genesis as I use Poser 8 and there are problems with compatibility from what I hear.
Looking at Millennium Gorilla in the Daz Store, it doesn’t look like that either.
If I get some time, I’ll see if I can trace it back to where I bought it from (may have been content paradise).
I know it is a bought model as opposed to a freebie because I bought it specifically for a paid job… Ironically, it never got used for the finished ad, but the client paid for it all the same. smile

I don’t know if this helps because I did Google these terms with no relevant results, but the Model is in a folder in my Runtime called S1MAnimals and the model itself is just called Silverback.

As for the texture, it comes with dynamic hair for use in Poser, though looking at the non dynamic one, it has quite a bump channel to make it look hairy.

In other news; Chohole very kindly informed me of this great model of a Gretsch guitar (after I’d spotted it in one of her renders).
So today after a bit (lot) of tweaking in Bryce, I rendered this Fake ad for Gretsch (the best make of guitar in the whole universe).
I’m going to see if I can come up with something more creative though, this was just to see how my remapping of the materials came out.

Image Attachments
Gretsch-Silk.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 19 September 2012 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10

More Gretsch Renders… Fake ads at the moment but I’m thinking of sending them to Gretsch… May get a free guitar out of it. LOL

Image Attachments
Gretsch-One-Step-Ad.jpgGretsch-50s-Ad.jpgGretsch-Ears-Ad.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 20 September 2012 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-14
TheSavage64 - 18 September 2012 06:41 PM

In other news; Chohole very kindly informed me of this great model of a Gretsch guitar (after I’d spotted it in one of her renders).
So today after a bit (lot) of tweaking in Bryce, I rendered this Fake ad for Gretsch (the best make of guitar in the whole universe).
I’m going to see if I can come up with something more creative though, this was just to see how my remapping of the materials came out.

Wow, that looks good for being rendered in Bryce. Is this a model you bought or did you make this model? Is this ad for some kind of contest? Did you come up with those catch phrases because they are really good for advertisement and very creative.

Posted: 20 September 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2009-04-18

Hi Jake__Russel,
what an Awesome thread, some seriously hilariousness adds. Great concept pieces, surely gets the imagination and creative juices going.

Posted: 20 September 2012 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10
Jake__Russel - 20 September 2012 03:01 AM

Wow, that looks good for being rendered in Bryce.

Thanks Jake. smile
Bryce has the most comprehensive lighting and rendering set up (if you can stand the render times) and the result you can get from it can be very photorealistic.
Check out some of David Brinnen’s renders down in the Bryce forum.

Is this a model you bought or did you make this model?

The model is a freebie for Poser from this website; http://www.3dpmr.com/
So I imported it into Poser and then exported it as an .obj file to import into Bryce.
Once in Bryce it took a few hours to remap the materials to get rid of most of the photo based mapped textures and replace them with Bryce procedural textures on all the metal parts and some of the wood parts, create a bump map for the Bigsby Trem tail piece and add an HDRI based reflection to give it that polished look.

Is this ad for some kind of contest?

No, I’m just a massive fan of Gretsch guitars. smile

Did you come up with those catch phrases because they are really good for advertisement and very creative.

Thanks and yes, I came up with them… The first was the One Step to Heaven line as I was looking on the Gretsch website and noticed they have just released a vintage Eddie Cochran tribute guitar… Though sadly the 3D model is not the same design, it’s a Chet Atkins 6120.

My next plan is to customise the model a bit with a good paint job (maybe a flame job), I could have a lot of fun with it.

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-18

Hi TheSavage64,
this is the first time I’ve seen anyone use Bryce for illustration type work, mostly landscapes, buildings and futuristic type scenes. That’s a fantastic job you did on the Gretsch Guitar Renders! Well done!

Posted: 20 September 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16095
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes unfortunately a lot of people seriously underate the capabilities of Bryce.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 20 September 2012 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10
michaeltoo - 20 September 2012 08:30 AM

Hi TheSavage64,
this is the first time I’ve seen anyone use Bryce for illustration type work, mostly landscapes, buildings and futuristic type scenes. That’s a fantastic job you did on the Gretsch Guitar Renders! Well done!

Thanks. Bryce is a great piece of software and does so much more than landscapes.
At the risk if repeating myself (from elsewhere on the forum), I present to you, my showpiece Bryce modelling job.
This was done for a real advert, not a fake one so sorry it’s off topic grin

I made all the individual products in Bryce (except the yellow plastic 5ltr bottle). And mapped on all the labels (I already had all of those because I designed and did all the artwork for them), then put the whole Big Ben model together in Bryce before rendering.

An original rough visual of the ad appears below with the finished Illustration in place for context, along with an enlarged version of the Big Ben model I built which shows more detail.

smile

Image Attachments
Big-Benefit.jpgBiggest-Ben-1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

The silverback gorilla is an old item…maybe even pre-Millenium Gorilla.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-18

Thanks for that TheSavage64,
I don’t make my way to the Bryce forums at all and so would have missed your showpiece for buying British, great Illustration. You have some serious 3d ninja skills going on there! The only problem I have with your advert tho, is I think the only thing British I get down this way in New Zealand, are tourists and HP sauce. grin

Posted: 21 September 2012 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-14

Not a fake ad, but here is one of the cover designs that won a contest here on DAZ for a book that will be published on Amazon.

Image Attachments
Eye_of_the_Beholder.jpg

Posted: 21 September 2012 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-18
Jake__Russel - 21 September 2012 04:46 AM

Not a fake ad, but here is one of the cover designs that won a contest here on DAZ for a book that will be published on Amazon.

Congratulations Jake__Russel! A job really well done.

Posted: 21 September 2012 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-18

Jake I just had a look at the competition and you won 3 out of the four finalists placings! big surprise I think a standing ovation is in order. Clap clap clap clap   clap clap!!!!!! Sorry that was the best I could do they don’t have a smiley for it. BTW I hope yours is chosen for the final cover, I’m sure they will not be disappointed.  Clap clap clap clap   clap clap!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!

Posted: 22 September 2012 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-14
michaeltoo - 21 September 2012 05:22 AM

Jake I just had a look at the competition and you won 3 out of the four finalists placings! big surprise I think a standing ovation is in order. Clap clap clap clap   clap clap!!!!!! Sorry that was the best I could do they don’t have a smiley for it. BTW I hope yours is chosen for the final cover, I’m sure they will not be disappointed.  Clap clap clap clap   clap clap!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!

Thanks. This is my very first time winning anything like this.

6 of 10