Digital Art Zone

1 of 10
 Making Fake Ads using DAZ characters
Posted: 12 August 2012 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2006-05-14

My side hobby is to make fake Magazine covers and Ads using DAZ characters. Here are three of them. (I didn’t know that BOSS cigarettes were a real brand until I googled it much later. I guess I can’t submit this to the main DAZ gallery since it is considered an advertisement or “product shot” as they said). Would these images be rejected in the main gallery because they advertise something (even if they are fake ads?) I want to do more, have any ideas?

All images were made in DAZ Studio with Reality/LuxRender and Photoshop

Image Attachments
Daz_fashion_Mag_copy.jpgDaz_health_magazine.jpgBOSS_MAN_(FINAL)_2.jpgLE_MANLI.jpgGQ_ad.jpg

Posted: 12 August 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1547
Joined  2007-12-10

Your picture links aint linking to any pictures. grin

Here’s some of mine done over the years.
Thought I’d start with a good old fashioned pro smoking one.
(as you will see from my avatar, I like smoking)

The other two are fake mag covers I regularly do for a sceptic forum I post on.

Image Attachments
TopHat-Cigarette2.jpgSquid-Mag-1.jpgSquid-Mag5.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 12 August 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-14

I just realized the links are bad. I copied this from my old post hoping the images were intact. I will re post teh images later on today. This new forum has deleted all my gallery images too. Your first image is almost exactly like the idea i was going for with mine. The other two are really good. Did you make these recently and did you do anymore?

Posted: 12 August 2012 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I think I’ve seen your stuff on the old forum. They were very good as I recall. I hope you get them posted again.

@Savage64: Love those also, very cool ideas.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 12 August 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15247
Joined  2003-10-09
Jake__Russel - 12 August 2012 11:30 AM

I just realized the links are bad. I copied this from my old post hoping the images were intact. I will re post teh images later on today. This new forum has deleted all my gallery images too. Your first image is almost exactly like the idea i was going for with mine. The other two are really good. Did you make these recently and did you do anymore?

The galleries aren’t working at the moment. We were told, back on the old archived site, that galleries would be added, but would be the one of the last things they would work on, after getting the store and forums sorted out.

We were also tole that no images would be deleted, unless they were in the gallery that was linked with the forum, the one where you could only upload small images.

Any images the you uploaded in your thread in the Art Studio on the old archived forum can be retrieved with a modicum of manipulation.

like this

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_2_3380866.jpg

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 12 August 2012 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10
Jake__Russel - 12 August 2012 11:30 AM

Did you make these recently and did you do anymore?

Thanks.
Yes, I’ve got hundreds, but mostly not using Daz and usually not adverts… I’ve got lots of fake parody movie posters that have bits of 3D renders in them… this kind of thing:

Image Attachments
Phoenix-Poster.jpgZombie-Alien-Poster.jpgApocalypse-Not-Poster.jpgAlien-Bikers-Poster.jpgAttack-Poster.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 12 August 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10

I just found this other ‘smoking’ one, and another ‘alien’ one I did. smile

Image Attachments
TopHatCigarette.jpgAlien-Stomper.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 12 August 2012 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2164
Joined  2012-02-04

TheSavage64, love those last two!

Posted: 12 August 2012 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-14
TheSavage64 - 12 August 2012 01:53 PM

I just found this other ‘smoking’ one, and another ‘alien’ one I did. smile

Here is the smoking one I was talking about. (Finally uploaded the pictures at the beginning). Your posters are very cool. I see you’re an alien fan. Those are far more detailed than my ideas. I was thinking about doing a movie poster but never got around to doing it.

Image Attachments
BOSS_MAN_(FINAL)_2.jpg

Posted: 12 August 2012 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  350
Joined  2012-08-05

Satire is always good if done well.  I like this kind of work.

Signature 

My opinions are just that, based on how I see things.
Comments I make are based upon my opinions, nothing more.

Posted: 12 August 2012 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-03-02

Lol Jake at the third image… if your new body is easy I want to meet it.

Posted: 12 August 2012 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2011-10-27

“Alien Bikers versus the Daleks” !!!!

That’s just brilliant!

My compliments…

Posted: 12 August 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-10

Here’s a couple of fake Playstation games I designed… I then made up the ads for them and posted them on a website along with a fake letter of disgust from a concerned parent because their child had got these two games for Christmas. LOL

Some riveting discussion took place with people who believed the ‘hoax’ and didn’t bother checking any of the “facts” I’d posted.

Image Attachments
Drunk-Driver-Game.jpgBar-Room-Brawl-Game.jpgDrunk-Driver-Advert.jpgBeat-The-Crowds-Ad.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 13 August 2012 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-14
TheSavage64 - 12 August 2012 07:46 PM

Here’s a couple of fake Playstation games I designed… I then made up the ads for them and posted them on a website along with a fake letter of disgust from a concerned parent because their child had got these two games for Christmas.

Your game ads are really thought provoking. You did a good job making them authentic looking too. I doubt ubisoft would create those games, it would more likely be rockstar games (they have already made controversial games similar to these, especially grand theft auto, which has stuff like this in the game already).

I also did a fake Playstation 4 game cover for Uncharted 5. You have mastered the poster making. I am just an amateur and mine are not as professional looking as yours. How did you get the lettering that way? Do you have a background in graphic design? About that discussion about your fake game covers, where was it, that seems interesting to read. Also that would be so cool to try that myself on a forum and see what happens.

Image Attachments
Album-Blu-ray-Case_20090686485.jpgUncharted_5_edited-1.jpg

Posted: 13 August 2012 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-14
fivecat - 12 August 2012 06:54 PM

Lol Jake at the third image… if your new body is easy I want to meet it.

The ad is actually for “Digital Men”. Its like if people lived in a computer, and Daz3D was a clothing store or something, men would go there and buy their new body by buying muscle morphs like we do at the DAZ store. That’s the idea I was going for.

Posted: 13 August 2012 02:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-14
standfast - 12 August 2012 05:39 PM

Satire is always good if done well.  I like this kind of work.

This is actually the most common satire on the internet. Also political comics do this all the time.

1 of 10