Digital Art Zone

2 of 4
Stephanie 4 for Genesis
Posted: 15 August 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1740
Joined  2012-04-14

Stephanie 4 for Genesis has appeared in the store: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/generation-5-sale/stephanie-4-for-genesis not showing a 65% discount though.

Posted: 15 August 2012 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4534
Joined  2004-08-11

IN my cart.. less than $9.00 I’m very pleased!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 16 August 2012 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11023
Joined  2007-11-06

..got her, now Studio4 actually becomes useful.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 16 August 2012 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  909
Joined  2012-02-03

I can’t pick this up until Friday, but it’s in my cart. I noticed that the Evolution Expressions (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-evolution-expressions) are finally available to the rest of us, too. Also in my cart.

Posted: 16 August 2012 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1498
Joined  2010-02-14

Holy crap!  big surprise

We did it! cheese

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 16 August 2012 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2003-10-09

As a matter of fact… I hardly believe it myself.

I bought it immediately. Right now, this second. It was somehow stupid (*) to do, but I didn’t want to risk that it goes away in the next minute again. I even downloaded it immediately, just to make sure that it doesn’t go away from my account history…

Thank you DAZ, Thank You! grin

(*) So why was it somehow stupid to buy it immediately? Because I wanted to buy it with all other “iconic shapes” and that would be close to another $50 which gives a $5 discount.

I was paranoid in the past and thought that maybe DAZ will release a “complete iconic shapes” bundle one day and add S4 as an extra. And thinking back to some things that happened, this idea was probably not that paranoid after all. So I didn’t buy the Gen3 and Gen4 shapes yet.

And now… they accidentally removed the discount for the Gen3 bundle (!!!).

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

Up until last night, it was 50% (the discount started with the Gen5 sale, but now terminated with the Gen4 sale). The 3 individual couples inside are still on sale, so now the bundle is more expensive than the total amount of all contents…

This obviously is a glitch, and I’m sure they will repair it in time. But do I want to risk losing S4 again just because it’s been taken off the shop again? No! Never! grin

Posted: 16 August 2012 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3520
Joined  2012-02-06
RAMWolff - 15 August 2012 05:59 PM

IN my cart.. less than $9.00 I’m very pleased!

I dunno, $9 still seems a bit steep for a single shape, especially since things like the Creature Creator Bundle and the Gen 4 Iconic Shapes Bundle are basically the same price.

Don’t get me wrong…of course I immediately bought it anyway! cheese No more complicated mixes of S3+V4+V5+Basic Child+Tamesis+Evolutions when a simple S4 will do the job! Thanks for bringing her back out, DAZ!

I’m curious about the Evolutions Expressions. I think I probably don’t need them because I have Expressive for Genesis and Real Emotions for DAZ Studio 4, plus I’m getting better at dialing my own expressions. But if these ones are set up as dials they could be useful…the other products I mentioned are more of an on/off thing (would INJ/REM be the appropriate term?).

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 16 August 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

Regarding the Expressions, yes because they are on dials they are useful. Use them a lot in small amounts to help get right about where I want to be and then I tweak the rest by changing facial poses by hand..

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 16 August 2012 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Oh well, had it all ready bought it by mistake. Had the expressions also bought them too. Not going to worry about a refund, they are both updated versions and I get plenty of free stuff every year, let DAZ keep that little bit I say.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 16 August 2012 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-03

Here’s a video using some of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQON0BWRxCs When .I first bought the bundle, I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t find the expressions; I hadn’t realized for a long time they had only been available for a short time (like S4). No wonder I couldn’t find them.

Expressions on dials will be real useful. There are two dialable grins that come with Mr. Hyde, but it’s not enough. I have found a few in the converted V4 Morphs++, but I don’t think it’ll hurt having these in my runtime.

Posted: 16 August 2012 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
riftwitch - 16 August 2012 12:58 AM

I can’t pick this up until Friday, but it’s in my cart. I noticed that the Evolution Expressions (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-evolution-expressions) are finally available to the rest of us, too. Also in my cart.

Hmm. Where did Evo Expressions originally come out? I clearly own it, but I can’t find it in my order history.

Posted: 16 August 2012 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3520
Joined  2012-02-06

Thanks for the info on the expressions. I’ll wishlist them and hope they don’t vanish from the store again!

@DWG: I wasn’t here at the time, but I think I heard that they were released alongside the Evolutions head and body morphs (and were a bonus for those who purchased those morphs)...probably one of the first Genesis items.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 16 August 2012 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-03
Scott-Livingston - 16 August 2012 08:53 AM

Thanks for the info on the expressions. I’ll wishlist them and hope they don’t vanish from the store again!

@DWG: I wasn’t here at the time, but I think I heard that they were released alongside the Evolutions head and body morphs (and were a bonus for those who purchased those morphs)...probably one of the first Genesis items.

That was my impression too. The video I linked to above used to be on the Evolution Morph Bundle page, which is why I thought the expressions were part of the bundle when I bought it.

As far as S4 goes, I may still pick up the Gen4 vsrsion sometime; it has a bunch of bodies & faces, but ths Genesis version only has one.

Posted: 16 August 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
DWG - 16 August 2012 08:52 AM

Hmm. Where did Evo Expressions originally come out? I clearly own it, but I can’t find it in my order history.

They came as a bonus when you bought the Gen4 Iconic shapes if you were a PC member, S4 was also a PC thing back in the day.

Opps, need to read first. Done answered. DUH!

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1582
Joined  2009-08-08

I think it came out with the evolution morphs. It was part of a package to PC members, I think.

2 of 4