Digital Art Zone

OT. Retrieved objects from Fallout 3 and rendered it.
Posted: 10 August 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

I finally thought seriously about getting stuff from a computer-game, import it into DAZ Studio and render it. I watched this tutorial at Youtube to see how they do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OP3QRnGPfE
(“How to extract and get 3D models fro Skyrim to 3DS max modify them”)

It pretty much works the same way with Fallout 3, so that’s how I got the power-armor and the helmet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/7754730072/sizes/c/in/photostream/

Image Attachments
7754730072_3be61feb53_c.jpg

Posted: 14 August 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2007-01-08

Tali, from Mass Effect, without the frigging mask obscuring her face. The mesh doesn’t have eye colour so I gave her creepy blue eyes.

Image Attachments
Tali_ReflectionDispersa_ID.png

Posted: 14 August 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2003-10-09

Very cool. I’ve seen some exporting into a program called Gmod that allows moving game models in a similar manner. It’s interface is to use a series of controls in game. Tons of youtube videos on Gmod. Also Valve has released Source Film maker which includes many source game models. I wonder if it’s possible to export Poser or Daz Studio items into the Source Film maker? Should be possible…. could be some interesting results. Valve’s download is through Steam. I haven’t tried it out because it’s (free too) a 10 gig download (due to all the included models). Lots of TF2 videos showing what can be done with it.

Posted: 16 August 2012 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-30

I got a notice from Lynda.com about some learning techniques, creating stuff for a game using Maya and Photoshop. Importing into the Unity3D engine, baking textures and so on. Is there anybody here with some experience using Unity3D? I have some experience using Valve’s Source-engine, making maps for Counter Strike: Source, so I’m not a complete newbie.

Posted: 17 August 2012 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7652
Joined  2009-07-13

I have gone the other way and used rigged Unity figures in Carrara (not studio, need full fbx import) and also iClone
Have Unity but too busy to mess with it much, Carrara rigging imports and low poly Daz figures, I cannot get V4 etc in dressed though, too high poly and I do not have decimator.
still trying with Gmax import script and GTA San Andreas, no luck there and not prepared to buy Zmodeler full version to use game assets I cannot legally render in art anyway!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 17 August 2012 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3412
Joined  2009-08-05

It is cool, but is it legal?

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 17 August 2012 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15924
Joined  2003-10-09
Zev0 - 17 August 2012 04:50 AM

It is cool, but is it legal?

I did ask some time back and am assured it is leagal as long as it is only for personal use, but any distribution would not be.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 17 August 2012 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3412
Joined  2009-08-05

Distribution of the mesh or the image being rendered? Technically, posting it here is distribution of an image. If we are allowed to post images then Joy:) I have a couple of meshes that have being laying around.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 17 August 2012 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15924
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes as I said I did check when the topic was first posted. And there was an image even then.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 17 August 2012 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7652
Joined  2009-07-13

well maybe someone could help me with my GTA San Andreas/Gmax GTA tools max script dillema then?
I can run the import script and get the import window but cannot resize it to get the import buttons, it stays skinny and can only be lengthened not widened using the drag arrows, soooo close but outa reach

Image Attachments
Untitled.png
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 24 December 2012 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-30

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8305678902/in/photostream

I’ll resurrect this old thread with some new-ish Christmas greetings. smile

Image Attachments
8305678902_3ecf402672_c.jpg

Posted: 25 December 2012 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  190
Joined  2007-03-19

There’s a freebie program called NiffScope that allows you to extract game meshes from any of the Bethesda games… It can also convert to obj. format and export texture maps. It’s one of the modding tools regularily mentioned in the modding community for the ElderScrolls Games and Fallout… It can also be used to import characters into the games from obj format… although I haven’t got the know-how to set the figures up for game functionality…

As for legaility… as noted above distribution wouldn’t be legal of any meshes extracted from the game… but Bethesda also supports the modding community by including tools like the Garden of Eden Creation Kit, that allows you to make your own mods for the game that can be shared as freebies… of course you’d still have to make your own meshes for those mods and would have to legally have the right to use any purchased meshes in that manner…

Signature 

Schell’s Armour Works… Home of “Theschell’s” Fantasy, Sci-fi and Historical models for Daz and Poser. Come check out my Website and Store at http://www.schells.ca ... Hope to see you soon!
Old Posts Count: 672

Conforming Figures Tutorial at http://www.schells.ca/ConformingItemswithDaz.pdf

“The only good place for a troll is under the bridge where he belongs!”

Posted: 13 September 2013 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-08-14

how do i get the models. and install them into the files.