DS4.5RC & frozen Optitex cloth sims in Carrara ANSWER YES YES YES
Posted: 13 August 2012 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7274
Joined  2009-07-13

new broadband monthly cycle begins on the 26th, maybe 5am then tongue rolleye

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 13 August 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Ok, I have tried a few times. same thing every time. The clothes fly off and return at the end of the drape cycle.
Yes I am baking my animation to the time line, yes I am freezing the drape. L if I know.

Posted: 15 August 2012 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

got the V5 bow skirt to work in Carrara (a bit of pokethrough but that would be fixable with displacement or collision smoothing)  but not the poncho, so it must need to be rigged and conformed.
but yes, works!
I resaved the scene with the poncho parented to Genesis, now THAT works TOO!!!!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 August 2012 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

needs work as I said, but Jasmine in dynamic cloth and hairt!

Image Attachments
duf.gif
 Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 August 2012 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2007-08-26
wendy♥catz - 15 August 2012 12:28 AM

I resaved the scene with the poncho parented to Genesis, now THAT works TOO!!!!

You found it: for the clothes made for V4, you have to manually parent the cloth to the Genesis figure, not the hip,  after you freeze the simulation. The program doesn’t do it automatically, like it does for the clothes made for Genesis. Also, (only for the clothes made for V4 or M4),  it is better to have Genesis in a T-pose at first, then give a few frames before the simulation starts to help the clothes fit the figure, even if you have to modify the pose a bit for the first few frames.

Where did you get the hair?

Posted: 15 August 2012 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-07

Does this just not work with V4?

Posted: 15 August 2012 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-26
ManStan - 15 August 2012 06:36 AM

Does this just not work with V4?

Sure. It works very well with V4. But I thought we were discussing the possibilities of it working in Carrara 8.5, and the main benefit of Carrara 8.5 is the introduction of Genesis. But sure, you can use V4 in Carrara 8.5 too.

Posted: 15 August 2012 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

It was one of the modacuts that came with Carrara lengthend and trimmed on the fringe and less stiffness allowed on the hair, no bounce, full friction and density, likewise all other mesh.

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 August 2012 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-26

Here is Genesis walking with Optitex “Century nightgown” simulated in Poser 9 and rendered in carrara 8.5 with the “dyn_to_morphs” Python script. Ain’t that pretty the way this nightgown moves?
http://youtu.be/23ckK_LrhX0

I simulated the same scene in DS 4.5 RC3 without problems. But, this piece of clothing having been made for V4, I was unable to transfer it to Carrara 8.5 (I baked the keyframes to the timeline and froze the simulation, of course). If somebody is more successful than me, please let me know how you did it.

Posted: 15 August 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4620
Joined  2004-07-01
argus1000 - 15 August 2012 11:23 AM

Here is Genesis walking with Optitex “Century nightgown” simulated in Poser 9 and rendered in carrara 8.5 with the “dyn_to_morphs” Python script. Ain’t that pretty the way this nightgown moves?

I simulated the same scene in DS 4.5 RC3 without problems. But, this piece of clothing having been made for V4, I was unable to transfer it to Carrara 8.5 (I baked the keyframes to the timeline and froze the simulation, of course). If somebody is more successful than me, please let me know how you did it.

I did Century nightgown just like the rest - its a bear to do .

Posted: 15 August 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-07

Don’t get me started on that money pit known as genesis.

I’m trying this with V4 and dynamic clothes for V4, it just does not work. The clothes simply will not stay on V4 for an animation.

Edit to add: Never mind, this is DUF for genesis, of coarse it wont work on the previous generation, my bad. I was a fool to expect it to.

Posted: 15 August 2012 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-26
ManStan - 15 August 2012 05:19 PM

Don’t get me started on that money pit known as genesis.
I’m trying this with V4 and dynamic clothes for V4, it just does not work. The clothes simply will not stay on V4 for an animation.
Edit to add: Never mind, this is DUF for genesis, of coarse it wont work on the previous generation, my bad. I was a fool to expect it to.

Well, just for the hell of it, I took V4 (not Genesis), dressed her up with the “Century nightgown” in DS 4.5 RC3, simulated it, and exported it as a DUF file to Carrara 8.5 build 149. It works with V4 too!  Boy, does that nightgown look good or what???

http://youtu.be/qIb37Eh-WDs

Can’t understand your troubles…

Posted: 15 August 2012 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13
argus1000 - 15 August 2012 11:23 AM

trying now, will take a while to simulate, doing a decent length anim.
I did not fit it to Genesis for a start, I think that might be the solution
treating it like the poncho, a prop
was able to use the rigging to resize and translate bits to fit so it is draping nicely thus far
will parent it to her after freezing and see if it works in Carrara

Image Attachments
Untitled.jpg
 Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 16 August 2012 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-07

This is what I get with every try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l1-ZHyCpFo&list=UUdhRDgjpBQsflNDs3TBV6bQ&index=1&feature=plcp

And this was the issue I was having after DAZ update collada in studio3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCp2zWxaRr0&list=UUdhRDgjpBQsflNDs3TBV6bQ&index=2&feature=plcp

The problems are almost identical.

I’m going to have to stop posting vids to youtube, it just wants to file through all my vids and not just show the one I posted.

Posted: 16 August 2012 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  473
Joined  2003-10-09

Stan, you need to copy the Share button code. You’re grabbing your playlist code.

http://youtu.be/1l1-ZHyCpFo

http://youtu.be/pCp2zWxaRr0

3 of 10