Digital Art Zone

2 of 10
DS4.5RC & frozen Optitex cloth sims in Carrara ANSWER YES YES YES
Posted: 12 August 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  292
Joined  2007-08-26

I k\now, I made my case, but I’m just crazy about dynamic clothes. So here’s one more.

This time, I used two different clothes made for V4 on Genesis. When I use clothes made for V4 on Genesis, the trick is, first, to make the cloth “fit to Genesis” in Daz Studio, and second make them “fit to none; then,  use the gizmo to adjust the cloth to the figure. Exported as DUF. Rendered in Carrara 8.5. Works good.

After messing with them for a while, I have a healthier respect for Optitex clothes now.

http://youtu.be/N9s_iIJlJtA

Posted: 12 August 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

There has got to be a step I am missing.

Posted: 12 August 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7961
Joined  2009-07-13

ugh, used up all my goes, will reset downloads but try tomorrow night, my weekend broadband sucks
usualy zips download well on my android but both studio versions just used up all my goes as it kept retrying, got it in 15mins on my Android the first build.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 12 August 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-26
wendy♥catz - 12 August 2012 11:42 AM

ugh, used up all my goes, will reset downloads but try tomorrow night, my weekend broadband sucks
usualy zips download well on my android but both studio versions just used up all my goes as it kept retrying, got it in 15mins on my Android the first build.

Thank you, Wendy, for starting this thread. I learned some things about how to handle Optitex dynamic cloth. However, before you, or Stan or Bigh,  waste too much time on the beta, I must tell you that there are some things that still don’t work. I was talking to Dr Jellybean in the bug tracker, and he admits that the DUF dynamic cloth export needs some work.

Posted: 13 August 2012 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4844
Joined  2004-07-01

more fun
http://youtu.be/XL2LODXxAUQ

Posted: 13 August 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

ok, tried posting to this thread as many times as I tried downloading DS4.RC 32&64bit;!!
no luck with either on Desktop or Android!
dunno if this post will even work rolleyes
got to 480Mb on one interupted download attempt!
I only have 7gig of 3G wireless BB per month and 10gig on my android so prob will not try again for a while as I need it to upload videos.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 13 August 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-26

Move to Canada, Wendy. My DSL broadband connection costs me $35 a month (tax included) and I’m allowed to download op to 300 gigs a month. That’s right. 300 GIGAbytes. I download maybe 20 to 30 gigs a month.  I have 270 gigs too much. I wish I could give you some.

One thing I noticed. If you want to simulate many clothes made for V4 on Genesis, they drape fine in DS 4.5 RC3, but the DUF export doesn’t work very well. I hope they fix this.  Clothes come out of sync.  The clothes made for Genesis work without a hitch though. Some of the clpothes made for V4 export fine too.

Posted: 13 August 2012 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  523
Joined  2003-10-09

Hey argus, I’m confused and maybe out of the loop on something, but can Carrara 8.5 now import dynamic clothing from Poser in the PZ3 file and it animates correctly? You mentioned that in one of your earlier posts in this thread but you only mention Poser in the YouTube video descriptions. I haven’t been able to do something like that since the TransPoser days. Or did you mean a static shot of one of the frames?

Posted: 13 August 2012 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

you need to run the dyn-to-morphs python script on the clothing first
it is no longer available to download on the old Daz site though and has a copyright
I have heard PoserPro2012 has it included though I cannot confirm this, I only have P7 (but have the script)

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 13 August 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
wendy♥catz - 13 August 2012 12:14 PM

you need to run the dyn-to-morphs python script on the clothing first
it is no longer available to download on the old Daz site though and has a copyright
I have heard PoserPro2012 has it included though I cannot confirm this, I only have P7 (but have the script)

Thanks, Wendy! I have that file on an old hard-drive around here someplace but never used it. I also still have older versions of Carrara and TransPoser on an ancient computer, but it’s really slow by today’s standards and the programs lack some of the nicer refinements of today’s versions.

Posted: 13 August 2012 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-26
Kevin Sanderson - 13 August 2012 12:00 PM

Hey argus, I’m confused and maybe out of the loop on something, but can Carrara 8.5 now import dynamic clothing from Poser in the PZ3 file and it animates correctly? You mentioned that in one of your earlier posts in this thread but you only mention Poser in the YouTube video descriptions. I haven’t been able to do something like that since the TransPoser days. Or did you mean a static shot of one of the frames?

Sure. Carrara has been able to import Poser animated fioles for a long time now, since Poser 6. No need of Transposer.  All you have to do is animate the cloth on the figure in the cloth room and (very important) use the “dyn_to_morphs” Python script on the animated cloth
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11970483/Dyn_to_Morphs.zip
Save the file as a PZ3, and open it in Carrara. Now that used to work right off the bat in Carrara 8, but now in Carrara 8.5 (maybe because it’s still a beta) you have to do a little work around. For some reason the figure that is imported is now out of shape;  so I save the animation as an NLA , import a new figure from the browser, transfer the animated cloth from the old figure to the hip of the new figure, and then delete the old figure.

Posted: 13 August 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

or just apply the same animation and transforms if you save them in Poser as a pose file
(but I make sure I keep the 32bit version of C8.1 as well as the 64bit C.5 beta, also for DS3 Dazcollada export, the C8.1. car files open ok in C8.5)

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 13 August 2012 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks Argus and Wendy! That clears that up. And thanks for the file link, Argus. That saved me from having to hunt it down here at home.

Posted: 13 August 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

yipppeeeeeeee!
finally Dl’d both in 10mins
5am in the morning on my Samsung Galaxy android tab!
before the neighbours start tweeting and clog up the phone tower!!!

Image Attachments
SC20120814-045229.png
 Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 13 August 2012 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4844
Joined  2004-07-01

new one coming soon cool smile

2 of 10