Digital Art Zone

6 of 16
Customer Appreciation Sale (NOW EXTENDED UNTIL AUGUST 20TH)
Posted: 12 August 2012 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2009-10-05
Skiriki - 12 August 2012 02:36 AM
Craggles - 11 August 2012 05:18 PM

Any answers on this?

I just piled in some V4 products and checked my cart (while logged in, of course) and since I already made one order… ta-dah, I am also getting a second five dollars off my cartful of goodies. So, I dare say it applies every time you go past the limits.

That’s excellent! :D

...but how long is the Deal 3 extending to? Is it All week? Both Weekends? or just This Weekend?

Signature 

Feel free to browse my gallery - Craigs Sketchpad

Posted: 12 August 2012 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2005-09-19
Consumer573 - 11 August 2012 06:04 PM

Well, Maybe someone was listening to my earlier posts.
There WAS another, second, price change today in the Addison and DM Steps to Eternity Set.
As of now, the time of this post, the items advertised as 50% off plus PC discount for August 11, are at 20%.
You cannot get the advertised sale price.
Addison currently costs $11.96. DM’s Steps are now at $12.96.
It is still far away from the end of August 11th.

Where they’ve done these kinds of daily daisy-chained releases/offers before, I do seem to remember that at times they have only roughly approximated 24 hours of availability, with a switch during the afternoon, particularly over weekends. The reason seems to be that someone from DAZ has to manually do the swapping of one item into the offer and one item out, along with the associated price changes, and that’s obviously dependent on when they have the time to get online.

Now if I’d wanted Addison and missed her, then I’d be annoyed too, but she isn’t listed in the Customer Appreciation Sale anymore, Eldorin, it’s textures and the Legend Altar replaced the earlier offers fairly promptly yesterday. It’s not ideal, given the wording can easily be interpreted to mean 11:59PM, but I don’t think it’s entirely unprecedented.

Posted: 12 August 2012 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-09-19
canberra_boy - 12 August 2012 03:13 AM

A lot of items I assumed would be part of the Gen 4 sale appear not to be.

Can someone in DAZ please clarify the status of the following items? Most of them are absolutely Gen 4 items, and they are all subject to the normal PC 30% discount (which I assume makes them DAZ Originals), but have not been discounted further for this sale…

Pyrit hair is in the Genesis sale, while HMS Victory has been around since at least Gen 3 days if not 2; and additionally I wouldn’t really class a ship as falling in any generation - there seem to be a few oddities listed that aren’t character associated, but I think those likely have an incorrect tag against them. Blenworth may be within 60 days of release, and also isn’t character related.

Posted: 12 August 2012 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2006-09-05
DWG - 12 August 2012 05:43 AM

The reason seems to be that someone from DAZ has to manually do the swapping of one item into the offer and one item out, along with the associated price changes, and that’s obviously dependent on when they have the time to get online.

Surely by now it’s more or less automated with a simple SQL script?

Posted: 12 August 2012 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-09-19
gw3972 - 12 August 2012 06:06 AM

The reason seems to be that someone from DAZ has to manually do the swapping of one item into the offer and one item out, along with the associated price changes, and that’s obviously dependent on when they have the time to get online.

Surely by now it’s more or less automated with a simple SQL script?

Seeing as we’ve had various DAZ-ites actively talking about being online to do it in the past, I suspect not. It may be that the old shop didn’t offer the feature, and even if the new one does I suspect the web guys were too busy with the new thumbnail code and the new percentage reduction code this week! (And the forum fixes now I think about it - the web guys have had a really good week - kudos to them!)

Posted: 12 August 2012 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  514
Joined  2009-08-07
DWG - 12 August 2012 05:52 AM
canberra_boy - 12 August 2012 03:13 AM

A lot of items I assumed would be part of the Gen 4 sale appear not to be.

Can someone in DAZ please clarify the status of the following items? Most of them are absolutely Gen 4 items, and they are all subject to the normal PC 30% discount (which I assume makes them DAZ Originals), but have not been discounted further for this sale…

Pyrit hair is in the Genesis sale, while HMS Victory has been around since at least Gen 3 days if not 2; and additionally I wouldn’t really class a ship as falling in any generation - there seem to be a few oddities listed that aren’t character associated, but I think those likely have an incorrect tag against them. Blenworth may be within 60 days of release, and also isn’t character related.

Thanks - I knew I was reaching with a couple of them (just hopeful, mainly), but most of the others I listed should be on sale, shouldn’t they?

Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zetabella Publishing!

Posted: 12 August 2012 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-09-19
canberra_boy - 12 August 2012 06:33 AM

Thanks - I knew I was reaching with a couple of them (just hopeful, mainly), but most of the others I listed should be on sale, shouldn’t they?

Yeah, there’s a couple of V4 Elite Textures aren’t in the sale and you can’t get a clearer example than that. I think the problem is that the new store has likely required every item be retagged with which categories it belonged to, and with 13000 items the odd mistake is inevitable. Hopefully they’ll get things fixed as the errors start to become apparent.

Posted: 12 August 2012 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1408
Joined  2010-03-25

Thanks Daz guys for the great weekend sale . I was able to pick up some stuff I missed ..
also thanks for the extra discount at the end of the check-out was a pleasant surprise

Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations & art work
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1
My Art on Google
http://plus.google.com/+IvySummers

Posted: 12 August 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  375
Joined  2004-08-13

I may have complained about the sale dates not being clear on the product pages—mostly in the customer appreciation category—but this did not stop me from spending far more money than I would have expected this month. I must say this much, Daz clearly understands how my mind works. smile

Posted: 12 August 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4806
Joined  2011-10-04
Craggles - 12 August 2012 05:16 AM

That’s excellent! :D

...but how long is the Deal 3 extending to? Is it All week? Both Weekends? or just This Weekend?

I guess it is going to be on during the whole sale, pertaining to sale items; I agree that there’s a certain degree of ambiguity, but then again, even if I didn’t get that sort of extra sweet deal, I find the prices so insanely low that I can afford to do a birthday splurge. (I’m just stomping my foot a bit ‘cause my cred card hasn’t recharged during the weekend when I made a money transfer to it but that’s not DAZ’s problem, that’s my bank’s problem—they haven’t fully woken up to 24/7 world yet, clinging to 5-days-a-week-10am-to-4:30pm model instead. Thoroughly annoying, but that’s my corner of the world.)

Unrelated to your reply, but related to the thread: it continues to baffle me that at this point DAZ could be handing out $20 dollar bills for free to everyone, and people would still complain that they wanted one $5 bill, five $1 dollar bills and one $10 dollar bill and all the dead presidents featured on money should have hand-drawn mustaches, therefore this sucks, free money is bad, and DAZ should feel bad. raspberry

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 12 August 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  178
Joined  2009-07-22
Consumer573 - 11 August 2012 06:04 PM

Well, Maybe someone was listening to my earlier posts.
There WAS another, second, price change today in the Addison and DM Steps to Eternity Set.
As of now, the time of this post, the items advertised as 50% off plus PC discount for August 11, are at 20%.
You cannot get the advertised sale price.
Addison currently costs $11.96. DM’s Steps are now at $12.96.
It is still far away from the end of August 11th.

Where they’ve done these kinds of daily daisy-chained releases/offers before, I do seem to remember that at times they have only roughly approximated 24 hours of availability, with a switch during the afternoon, particularly over weekends. The reason seems to be that someone from DAZ has to manually do the swapping of one item into the offer and one item out, along with the associated price changes, and that’s obviously dependent on when they have the time to get online.

Now if I’d wanted Addison and missed her, then I’d be annoyed too, but she isn’t listed in the Customer Appreciation Sale anymore, Eldorin, it’s textures and the Legend Altar replaced the earlier offers fairly promptly yesterday. It’s not ideal, given the wording can easily be interpreted to mean 11:59PM, but I don’t think it’s entirely unprecedented.

The main difference I see this time is that they didn’t tell people there was in fact a sale going on until the ‘first’ day was about half over. The flyers advertising the one-day-sale to members went out near the normal end of the DAZ workday on Friday, but apparently Daz started the clock on the sale early that morning. Keep in mind, too, that many people go out on Friday after work and are not likely to sit at the computer so if you’re sending a notice at the end of they day, they might not see it until Saturday morning. Usually there’s a notice from DAZ the day before a sale or at least in parallel with when the items go on sale. As it stands, it appears that no one other than DAZ knew when the sale began so there was no fair measure of when ‘one-day-only’ would end.

They seem to be going a bit on autopilot with what they’ve done in the past but with no overall coordination. I’m wondering if somebody important left the company or switched positions.

Just look at this thread. No one from Daz has given any definitive answer for the times, it’s only members speculating. No one seems to be watching over the store if there are problems, which there have been. I guess I expected some sort of answer from Daz directly as to what was going on, which is what I asked in my first post to this thread.

Don’t get me wrong, I am glad for the people who are finding things they like at prices they feel are compelling. I’ve bought a lot from DAZ at good sales over the last couple of sales, and they’re still one of the top stores in this area.  I’m just annoyed that they wasted MY time this weekend.

Posted: 12 August 2012 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2012-04-14

If Enchanted for Genesis is part of the Customer Appreciation sale it’s showing the wrong price: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/enchanted-for-genesis

Posted: 12 August 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9599
Joined  2007-11-06
anikad - 12 August 2012 01:00 PM

If Enchanted for Genesis is part of the Customer Appreciation sale it’s showing the wrong price: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/enchanted-for-genesis

They just finished setting it up, 3 new items are at 50% off, 65% for PC members.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 12 August 2012 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2696
Joined  2012-02-04

There is an inexpensive and cute YDress for Genesis today http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/customer-appreciation-sale/ydress-for-genesis .
How do you make it “sit” nicely like the third promo image?

Signature 

New member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 12 August 2012 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2487
Joined  2005-04-15

Aiko19 went off sale early… it was on sale when I put it in the basket on Friday and it’s supposed to be good ‘til tonight.

At the same time, there are a large number of Gen 4 Daz originals that haven’t gone on sale (Tango Down, V4 Elite Ariana, Rapscallion, Demona, Fantasy Fusion to give just a few examples from my wish list.)

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

6 of 16