Digital Art Zone

4 of 16
Customer Appreciation Sale (NOW EXTENDED UNTIL AUGUST 20TH)
Posted: 11 August 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  178
Joined  2009-07-22

The time stamp on Friday’s flyer in the email announcing the products was 4:12 PM so it wasn’t even 24 hours till the price change.

Posted: 11 August 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2011-02-10
Consumer573 - 11 August 2012 01:14 PM

What’s going on, please? 
The flyer in my email says that DM’s Steps to Eternity and Addison Character were 50% off through August 11.

I put them in my cart a couple of hours ago and the price, with the additional PC discount was $5.59 and $5.24 respectively. My discount was 65%
I went to watch some of the London Olympics, and came back to check out and the price for DM’s Steps is now $8.93, and the Addison Character is $8.37 and the Daz pop-ups are showing only a 44% discount. That includes whatever PC discount applied..
It is still August 11.
NONE of your numbers are matching.
I’m taking them out of my shopping cart unless the price reverts.
Thank you.

Same issue here, wanted to get the new Sarsa character, but wanted to wait for today new releases before buying - Back 2 hours later, and blam… 50% rebate is already gone.

Did Daz change their timezone ?? It’s 9 pm here, and this sale should end tomorrow morning for me.

Posted: 11 August 2012 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2005-12-12
Consumer573 - 11 August 2012 01:24 PM

The time stamp on Friday’s flyer in the email announcing the products was 4:12 PM so it wasn’t even 24 hours till the price change.

Well, apparently that is what a ‘DAZ Day’ is supposed to be. Good to know.
Looks like I’ve fallen once again for one of DAZ’ many practical jokes…

Posted: 11 August 2012 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-08-24

Can anyone tell me if Legends Altar a daz original (these days i am having difficulty telling what is and isn’t) and if it is why can’t I use my PC coupon on it?

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2012 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-22

This is what DAZ says about the coupon on their page describing Platinum Club Benefits:

No. 3: ”$6 Coupon FREE Every Month
Each month, every current Platinum Club member receives a $6 coupon, simply for being a member. This $6 coupon lasts for the duration of the month and can be used towards any single purchase with a subtotal of $6.00 of more. This coupon is valid on any “DAZ 3D” product*. You can combine this coupon with all other sales and discounts, turning those wishlist wants into shopping cart deals.
* Coupons not valid on $1.99 Platinum Club products.

That being said, I think there used to be a caveat that the coupon couldn’t be used on releases newer than 30 or 60 days. Though Daz doesn’t appear to have listed that caveat in any of their promotions lately, it may still be in effect in their software.
From what I can see “Legends of the Altar” is, indeed a Daz Original (Product by Daz3D/Nathy, upper LH corner) and under what I can find written should be eligble for the discount.
My best guess is that the new release exclusion is in place and you’re just not being told about it.

Posted: 11 August 2012 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-08-24

Thanks Consumer573.  I thought they had decided to allow use of the PC coupons on new releases.  Color me confuzzled. 

Sigh I really wanted this set, spent my budget on Fisty and Marieah’s new shaders so all I have left is my PC coupon and I really love the Legends Altar set.  Just hoping someone who can help me with the coupon thing will pop in before the set goes off sale,

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2012 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17150
Joined  2003-10-09

WhiteMyst I have posted to the other thread you queried this point in, which was the relevant thread for this query.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 11 August 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-22

What thread was that, dear admin?  I kind of wanted the Addison Character and the DM steps to eternity. By the notice I received It should have been on sale.  Even if it was a 24 hour sale, they killed it well before 24 hours was up just based on when they emailed me their notice.  So it wasn’t a 24 hour sale and it didn’t go by the rules of they flyer that was emailed.  Similar problem to White Myst, only different. Item was supposed to be on sale, but when attempting to check-out it wasn’t.
Should I post to that thread as well? Is somebody watching that one more closely?
Thank you.

Posted: 11 August 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4733
Joined  2004-08-11

Who you callin query missy??? raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 11 August 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2009-10-05
Craggles - 10 August 2012 02:42 PM

How long will the Deal 3 run - all week or just the weekends or just this weekend only?

Deal 3 says ‘1 rebate per order’ but if Deal 3 is on for the whole week, do you get that rebate (providing you hit the $20 threshold) on EVERY order you make within that time or only the first order?

Any answers on this?

Thanks

Signature 

Feel free to browse my gallery - Craigs Sketchpad

Posted: 11 August 2012 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6547
Joined  2003-10-09
Consumer573 - 11 August 2012 01:14 PM

What’s going on, please? 
The flyer in my email says that DM’s Steps to Eternity and Addison Character were 50% off through August 11.

I put them in my cart a couple of hours ago and the price, with the additional PC discount was $5.59 and $5.24 respectively. My discount was 65%
I went to watch some of the London Olympics, and came back to check out and the price for DM’s Steps is now $8.93, and the Addison Character is $8.37 and the Daz pop-ups are showing only a 44% discount. That includes whatever PC discount applied..
It is still August 11.
NONE of your numbers are matching.
I’m taking them out of my shopping cart unless the price reverts.
Thank you.

Hi! Check the flyer again. The items mentioned say “until August 11”, not “through August 11”.

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Posted: 11 August 2012 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-22

Well, Maybe someone was listening to my earlier posts.
There WAS another, second, price change today in the Addison and DM Steps to Eternity Set.
As of now, the time of this post, the items advertised as 50% off plus PC discount for August 11, are at 20%.
You cannot get the advertised sale price.
Addison currently costs $11.96. DM’s Steps are now at $12.96.
It is still far away from the end of August 11th.
It was bad enough raising the price unexpectedly once when it was supposed to be on sale.
This is just adding insult to injury.
Keep going, Daz.

Posted: 11 August 2012 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2755
Joined  2003-12-06
Consumer573 - 11 August 2012 06:04 PM

It was bad enough raising the price unexpectedly once when it was supposed to be on sale.

<nod> DAZ seem determined to confuse us. At the rate they’re going, returning the sale-end date and a proper breakdown of PC/intro/whatever sale percentages to the store pages is going to be pushed to the top of the “Urgency: Fix Yesterday” list.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 11 August 2012 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2005-08-23

I too was going to pick up Addison, but that $3 does make a difference. :(

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 11 August 2012 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6547
Joined  2003-10-09

@Consumer573:

Once again: Check the flyer again. The items mentioned say “until August 11”, not “through August 11”.

They do not have the same meaning, nor do I believe this was an attempt on DAZ’s part to deceive anyone. The flyer also says that the items in the Customer Appreciation Sale would change every day. There are currently 3 different items there at 50% off. Tomorrow they will again be replaced I expect.
Please don’t get mad at me, I’m not trying to be snarky, just to clarify. If I’m incorrect, someone please correct me.
John

Edit: Oops! sorry, the flyer actually contains a link to this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/5495/

The rules are covered in Deal #2. Sorry, again.

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

4 of 16