Digital Art Zone

5 of 8
New Release: Dystopian Weapons Cache [Commercial]
Posted: 05 September 2012 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2004-04-21

Noted down the suggestions in this thread and the one over at the Team-Dystopia forums… those will form the basis of the next Cache. grin

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter
“If you don’t mind, then it don’t matter”

Team-Dystopia Store at DAZ 3D

Posted: 24 September 2012 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2006-04-05

Dystopia Weapons Cache 2 updated to 1.1

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 24 September 2012 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2753
Joined  2003-12-06

Any idea what the update fixed?

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 24 September 2012 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2003-12-22
SpottedKitty - 24 September 2012 03:24 PM

Any idea what the update fixed?

Changed 4bit pngs to 24bit pngs for DS4+ and corrected the obj file and cr2 file for the Minigun handheld.

Posted: 24 September 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2753
Joined  2003-12-06

OK, thanks, got the update.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 01 October 2012 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21

Really curious to see what folks are doing with our weapons… can someone please post a render?

I am very interested on getting feedback about the design of our Baradum Assault Rifle weapons system. Specifically your thoughts and suggestions on what other DAR compatible accessories we should include in our next pack.

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 01 October 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2004-05-31
Moebius87 - 01 October 2012 03:14 AM

Really curious to see what folks are doing with our weapons… can someone please post a render?

Soon…got something in the works with these I think people might like…

I am very interested on getting feedback about the design of our Baradum Assault Rifle weapons system. Specifically your thoughts and suggestions on what other DAR compatible accessories we should include in our next pack.

Cheers! — Möe

Chainsaw (with blade morphs would be great)
Breaching Shotgun (mounted underslung like on the M16 in Vietnam)
Graple launcher
Speargun
Motion detector
Flamethrower

Just to name some that come to mind.

Lost the address and my account info for team dystopia’s forums unfortunately…so I have been absent there a long time.

Posted: 01 October 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1787
Joined  2005-06-08

. . . Specifically your thoughts and suggestions on what other DAR compatible accessories we should include in our next pack.

Poses!  For me that means Genesis poses, I’m sure there are plenty who’d like M4/V4 poses.  Partial (hand/arm or upper-body) poses would be great, full poses would be fine too.

I’m always under some kind of time-crunch, even when I’m rendering for fun.  So when I need a weapon I’ll usually go with one that has accompanying usage poses, even if there’s a better one for my scene out there.  The render below is a perfect example — there are several Dystopian weapons that would’ve been perfect for it, but I went with a rifle from M5 Firearms with Expressions and Poses because I could just load the prop, load a pose for it, adjust a bit, and move on to the next thing.  Without that I could’ve easily spent an hour or more on it, and that’s an hour I rarely have.

Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Home Ground Disadvantage

Image Attachments
Home_Ground_Disadvantage_x2000.jpg
 Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 01 October 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2003-10-09

Cheers! — Möe

Here’s a couple of kit bashed pieces.

Image Attachments
Barret.jpg

Posted: 01 October 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21
KageRyu - 01 October 2012 10:11 AM

Chainsaw (with blade morphs would be great)
Breaching Shotgun (mounted underslung like on the M16 in Vietnam)
Graple launcher
Speargun
Motion detector
Flamethrower

Just to name some that come to mind.

Chainsaw... ??? I did not see that one coming. That’s even more awesome than my dual bladed bayonets.

Yep… we’ve got the breaching shotgun (our “master key”) on the list already.

The grapple launcher and speargun would be similar on the service side, it would just be differentiated from the business end of things. Not sure how to deal with spooling cables though.

The motion detector makes a lot of sense… definitely going to slap that on as a DAR accessory.

Yes… I do have a flamethrower in the works, but I am not too thrilled about my design solution for the fuel canisters yet.

KageRyu - 01 October 2012 10:11 AM

Lost the address and my account info for team dystopia’s forums unfortunately…so I have been absent there a long time.

Let me try to find your account there… and then send you a PM here… will reset the password for you. If you no longer have that email account active, I can disable the old account so we can start up a new one, but will keep all your older posts. smile

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 02 October 2012 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-05-31
KickAir 8P - 01 October 2012 12:17 PM

Poses!  For me that means Genesis poses, I’m sure there are plenty who’d like M4/V4 poses.  Partial (hand/arm or upper-body) poses would be great, full poses would be fine too.

Can’t help with Genesis, sorry… Buuuuuttt…on the M4/V4/G2/Miscellaneous cool figures I like side of things…well, can’t say too much yet.

I should note the render below was just a quick render, banged out at low settings to test the Poses with some clothes (and the clothes are from mixed sets so what issues there are were not the poses).

Image Attachments
Dystopian_Rangers2.jpg

Posted: 02 October 2012 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21
Greycat - 01 October 2012 02:00 PM

Cheers! — Möe

Here’s a couple of kit bashed pieces.

Aha! I see that most folks prefer the little light that original comes with the Cleaver rather than the floodlight that actually comes with the Baradum. Good to see that these pieces kit-bash well.

Thank you for sharing, Greycat. grin

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 02 October 2012 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21

Noted. I will really need to pass that request up to tyger_purr… I’m just the guy who puts the mesh together. All the real work, like mapping, texturing, rigging, posing, promos and packaging are all done by tyger_purr. I only get to do the fun stuff.

I’ll post a link to this in our forums as well so he doesn’t miss it.

Thank you for that valuable bit of feedback, KickAir.

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21
KageRyu - 02 October 2012 12:41 PM

Can’t help with Genesis, sorry… Buuuuuttt…on the M4/V4/G2/Miscellaneous cool figures I like side of things…well, can’t say too much yet.

I should note the render below was just a quick render, banged out at low settings to test the Poses with some clothes (and the clothes are from mixed sets so what issues there are were not the poses).

Love the recruitment poster… and those are pretty awesome poses… don’t forget slashing and thrusting poses that could be used with the dual bayonets or even a (dare I say it)... a chainsaw!

Did you get my message about access back into T-D?

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 03 October 2012 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-05-31
Moebius87 - 02 October 2012 09:04 PM

Love the recruitment poster… and those are pretty awesome poses… don’t forget slashing and thrusting poses that could be used with the dual bayonets or even a (dare I say it)... a chainsaw!

Thanks, glad to hear you like them, been working on them a while.  I most certainly will have some poses for the bayonet, but haven’t gotten to the second set yet (these ballooned from a planned 10-15 poses to about 40, plus hand poses and positioning poses to place the weapons right in hand, etc…  M4 is almost done, and V4 will be soon to follow, then I will probably start on Poses for Cache set 2…when I get close to releasing I’ll post more information and promos in the commercial forum, I don’t want to hijack your thread).

Did you get my message about access back into T-D?

Cheers! — Möe

Yes, Thank you.  Heading over there in a bit.

Also, anyone who wishes, feel free to download and use the recruitment poster as a texture in your renders (even though it is rough and low res - I’ll make a better one soon).

5 of 8