Digital Art Zone

4 of 8
New Release: Dystopian Weapons Cache [Commercial]
Posted: 16 August 2012 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2005-09-19
Moebius87 - 16 August 2012 01:32 AM

There is a sense of the inevitable with the word “eventually”... it has a gravitas about it that “soon” does not possess.

I like ‘in the fullness of time’ for gravitas wink

Posted: 16 August 2012 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9712
Joined  2007-11-06
DWG - 16 August 2012 04:37 PM

There is a sense of the inevitable with the word “eventually”... it has a gravitas about it that “soon” does not possess.

Yes, but “in the fullness of time” truly means “never”, while “soon” usually doesn’t, although it seems that way.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 20 August 2012 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2004-04-21
DWG - 16 August 2012 04:37 PM

Talk about “gravitas”... that expression borders on the “biblical”. Even though we do tend to go overboard in Dystopia, we only make attempts at “epic” scale. We’re not quite ready to wax biblical just yet…

There’s an interesting thread over at the Team-Dystopia forums, where we are now apparently open to suggestions for Weapons Cache 3. I thought we were just building stuff and then bundling them together for release. But now it appears that there is an open development thread… which is really very cool, but I’m worried that we won’t be able to please everyone. A lot of gun enthusiasts and future weapons technologist have weighed in, so it makes for really interesting reading.

That thread coupled with another thread on extra-terrestrials that’s got our xenobiologists cooking up new aliens, spells how to create a new species and then how to effectively eliminate them. Disturbing, but fascinating stuff.

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter
“If you don’t mind, then it don’t matter”

Team-Dystopia Store at DAZ 3D

Posted: 20 August 2012 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2006-05-25

I love the new weapons just like I love all the Dystopia sets! I’m in the midst of writing a new sci-fi novel and every bit of Dystopia fits perfectly. I can hardly wait to see what you guys come up with next… I’m sure I’ll find that I have a desperate and immediate need for it!

You mentioned a forum for Dystopia… Is that just for developers or is it fans too? If it’s for fans/users, could you send me a link? smile

Signature 

~Lizzie P.
Visit Dream 9 Studios for art, graphic novels, and more.
My RDNA Store | My Renderosity Store
Facebook | Twitter | deviantART

Posted: 20 August 2012 05:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2006-04-05

Cross post with Mo below, I’ll leave him to it wink

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 20 August 2012 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21
LizzieP_D9S - 20 August 2012 05:14 AM

I love the new weapons just like I love all the Dystopia sets! I’m in the midst of writing a new sci-fi novel and every bit of Dystopia fits perfectly. I can hardly wait to see what you guys come up with next… I’m sure I’ll find that I have a desperate and immediate need for it!

You mentioned a forum for Dystopia… Is that just for developers or is it fans too? If it’s for fans/users, could you send me a link? smile

Just sent you a link… see you there. wink

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2004-05-31

ok, hate to be a bit of a downer as I like the Dystopian product line, but… it seems I already had these.
At least most of them.  I now have two different directories for the Viborra, Cleaver, and several others.  Is it just Pack one that was previously available?

I was looking forward to adding new weapons to the cache too (I do not believe in too much variety).

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-25
KageRyu - 02 September 2012 12:23 AM

ok, hate to be a bit of a downer as I like the Dystopian product line, but… it seems I already had these.
At least most of them.  I now have two different directories for the Viborra, Cleaver, and several others.  Is it just Pack one that was previously available?

I was looking forward to adding new weapons to the cache too (I do not believe in too much variety).

Do you mean Dystopian Weapons Cache 1? As it says on the product page:

These weapons were previously released as freebies at the Team Dystopia website. They have been modified (converted to the DAR system) and are presented here in hopes that you can all enjoy them as much as we do.

I do believe that the second pack is completely new. smile

Signature 

~Lizzie P.

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2004-05-31
LizzieP_D9S - 02 September 2012 12:33 AM

These weapons were previously released as freebies at the Team Dystopia website. They have been modified (converted to the DAR system) and are presented here in hopes that you can all enjoy them as much as we do.

Yes, I meant Cache 1.  I did not see that on the product page, sorry.  Ok, so I did already have them then, and have not completely lost my mind yet.

Thank you.

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-25
KageRyu - 02 September 2012 12:37 AM

Yes, I meant Cache 1.  I did not see that on the product page, sorry.  Ok, so I did already have them then, and have not completely lost my mind yet.

Thank you.

No problem; glad I could help. smile

Signature 

~Lizzie P.

Posted: 02 September 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21
KageRyu - 02 September 2012 12:37 AM
LizzieP_D9S - 02 September 2012 12:33 AM

Thank you.

No, sir… you haven’t completely lost your mind… and these re-released weapons do have some significant upgrades aside from improved textures. With the introduction of the Dystopian Accessory Rail (DAR) system in the Cache 2 pack, tyger_purr made the excellent decision to go back in and modify some of the legacy freebies to make use of the DAR. It was actually a lot of work, with no real pay back for him because these are still freebies. The hope here is that the freebies will generate enough interest and get folks interested in the commercial release. grin

Personally, I’d suggest you replace the older freebies with the newer upgrades. Those will get a lot more use once more weapons with DAR compatibility get released. Just a suggestion, of course.

Cheers! - Moe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 02 September 2012 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2755
Joined  2003-12-06

Just noticed this thread, after snarfing the Cache 1 and Cache 2 last week. I see there was an update to fix a glitch with DAZ|Studio (now downloaded and installed). Are there actual D|S MATs, though? I had a quick look through a few of the Poser MATs, and I don’t think there’s anything in them that couldn’t be done with a properly set up D|S script.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 02 September 2012 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2003-12-22
SpottedKitty - 02 September 2012 04:44 PM

Just noticed this thread, after snarfing the Cache 1 and Cache 2 last week. I see there was an update to fix a glitch with DAZ|Studio (now downloaded and installed). Are there actual D|S MATs, though? I had a quick look through a few of the Poser MATs, and I don’t think there’s anything in them that couldn’t be done with a properly set up D|S script.

While it is true that these textures have been kept basic and straightforward enough that they should translate to D|S without any problems, I have not had the time to learn D|S so that I could create native MAT files.

Posted: 03 September 2012 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2005-09-19
Moebius87 - 02 September 2012 10:05 AM

The hope here is that the freebies will generate enough interest and get folks interested in the commercial release. grin

Worked for me!

Posted: 03 September 2012 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-05-09
Moebius87 - 20 August 2012 12:39 AM

...We’re not quite ready to wax biblical just yet…

Supreme Chancellor.

SC has been ready for DefCon: Biblical since I took over.

Just say the Word.

Regards,

JF

4 of 8