Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Share with your Friends for a Chance to Win Store Credit
Posted: 09 August 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2012-05-04

Plain and simple, we at DAZ are passionate about art!  It’s what we do best.  Members of our community know the quality of our content and use it daily to create some seriously cool stuff.  Unfortunately, there are still people out there that don’t know about us and what we provide - and many of those people are your friends!

This is where you come in.  We need your help to create some more buzz on your social sites so we can let others know what DAZ is all about.  The way to do it is easy and FUN.  Each week we send multiple newsletters with an option to share the information on Facebook and Twitter.  By sharing DAZ with your friends you are not only helping us get our name out there, but you also become eligible to win $5 Store Credit each time a newsletter goes out.

The way it works is simple: share and encourage your friends to share.  The shares that get the most exposure will be awarded $5 the week following the initial send date of the newsletter.  The winner will be informed and the $5 will be added to her/his account to be used on ANYTHING in the store.  Easy, right!?

Now that we are all pumped about it - Let the social sharing begin!

Posted: 09 August 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1820
Joined  2005-06-08

Now that the forums are fixed and the store seems stable I can recommend DAZ again, sure.  But while I’m on g+, tumblr, dA, LiveJournal, and Dreamwidth, I’m not on Twitter and will never be on Facebook.  Those seem to be the only options, though.  Pity.  hmmm

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 09 August 2012 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  155
Joined  2004-05-21
KickAir 8P - 09 August 2012 03:11 PM

Now that the forums are fixed and the store seems stable I can recommend DAZ again, sure.  But while I’m on g+, , I’m not on Twitter and will never be on Facebook.  Those seem to be the only options, though.  Pity.  hmmm

Excuse me please Beth but I just had to edit your post so that I could say “I 100% agree with KickAir” as I’m in the same boat.

It would be great to be in the running for recommending Daz but I fear I must have a similar opinion of those two great?? social media tools.

Posted: 09 August 2012 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  651
Joined  2005-03-08

I had Daz3d on Facebook but it seems to of disappeared and a newly created one has popped up.. cool mad

Signature 

“I am,... Therefore I think”

Posted: 09 August 2012 11:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  308
Joined  2004-08-13

My soul is worth more than $5. I am also not on Facebook. I’ll live with the loss.

Good luck to Daz, though, they might as well take advantage now.

Posted: 10 August 2012 12:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2010-11-26

I’m not that big on Facebook and Twitter either, but I understand the idea behind it and hope you get a great deal of new customers with it… and giving a little bit back is a nice gesture. smile

Having said that… you know there’s still at least one voucher you ‘owe’ us for reaching certain Like-Heights on facebook… wink It’s been a while back now that you reached that goal, but there never was a voucher… or like it would now be… coupon.

Signature 

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.  ~Herm Albright

Posted: 10 August 2012 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

But ... but ... my friends use Poser.  Or they use nothing at all :wink:

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 10 August 2012 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14
BlazeMystEra - 10 August 2012 12:04 AM

I’m not that big on Facebook and Twitter either, but I understand the idea behind it and hope you get a great deal of new customers with it… and giving a little bit back is a nice gesture. smile

Having said that… you know there’s still at least one voucher you ‘owe’ us for reaching certain Like-Heights on facebook… wink It’s been a while back now that you reached that goal, but there never was a voucher… or like it would now be… coupon.

I could’ve sworn there was… It was sent out via FBs messaging feature.  Of course, I’m a “delete-aholic” so I don’t have the message anymore, but I’m like 90% certain.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 10 August 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3573
Joined  2012-02-06

I am on Facebook and I’m happy to share, but I doubt my sharing will give DAZ too much exposure, unfortunately. To the best of my knowledge, only one of my FB friends has any interest in 3D stuff (I think he used to use Bryce). I guess I’ll give it a shot anyway.

And I hope the marketing folks will give us a newsletter designed with new users/non-members in mind, rather than the usual sort that are mainly just plugging new releases to people who are already hooked!

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 10 August 2012 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1749
Joined  2012-04-14

So basically you’re asking us to spam our friends with unsolicited newsletters, for a chance to win $5? I think I’ll pass.

Posted: 10 August 2012 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2007-11-12

Spam no. Share YES!

The whole point of social media is to let people know what you like and what you are interested in. You don’t need to “spam” anyone to simply put a post up on your favorite social media pages. The whole reason this came up is that we noticed that our users were doing this voluntarily and unsolicited by us. We thought this was a good way to reward them for doing what they were already doing and encourage others who had not started doing this to do so.

Posted: 10 August 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3573
Joined  2012-02-06

That’s why I was hoping for a newsletter that might interest prospective (rather than current) members. Just got the latest one, and yep…it appears that would qualify! http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2012/weekly/weekly08_10_12.html

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 10 August 2012 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1820
Joined  2005-06-08
Scott-Livingston - 10 August 2012 02:18 PM

That’s why I was hoping for a newsletter that might interest prospective (rather than current) members. Just got the latest one, and yep…it appears that would qualify! http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2012/weekly/weekly08_10_12.html

Nice, but no g+ button, no tumblr button, no LiveJournal button, no Dreamwidth button (okay, nobody does Dreamwidth buttons, but they use the same code as LiveJournal and if there was a LiveJournal button I could copy that over) — no consideration for any of the sites I use.  Did you guys know that Wil Wheaton (yes, alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die Wil Wheaton) uses g+ and tumblr, but not Facebook?

Edited to add a screenshot of the g+tumblr, and LiveJournal buttons used on deviantART:

Image Attachments
ButtonsDA-g1.jpg
 Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 10 August 2012 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1749
Joined  2012-04-14
DAZ_BHowell - 10 August 2012 02:04 PM

Spam no. Share YES!

Sharing a newsletter with people that haven’t asked and aren’t interested is spam. Sorry, I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

We thought this was a good way to reward them for doing what they were already doing and encourage others who had not started doing this to do so.

Maybe I’m missing something here but why is it important that I share that I use Daz 3d on social media? If you’re looking for free positive publiciity you’re going to have to cough up a lot more than a potential $5.

Posted: 10 August 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2010-06-06

Well now, while I understand that a whole bunch of folks don’t like Facebook, and I kinda sorta understand why, but… “Privacy issues”; “Data mining”; tracking internet usage by hidden cookies; keeping track of search queries/results; et al?

Oh come on, now—you think that Facebook is bad - try Google (I recommend Bing as a search engine for obvious reasons) and see how many times Google has been sued for privacy violations, eh?

Me, I use Facebook because my entire extended family—inlaws and outlaws both—use facebook to share family pictures and stories, and I haven’t heard any complaints yet. I guess that some people are more careful about what they post on social networking sites, nicht wahr?

Please feel free to check me and my FB info out at http://tinyurl.com/yzpla2x

. You will notice—I hope—a larger version of the “Avatar”/logo I use here and on other web sites. wink

One hopes y’all will check out my likes and other groups I belong to on FB…  ;D

Me, I’ve know some artists - both traditional and electronic - on Face book so I’ll happily pass this along.

Bright Blessings,
RangerJimK
(aka Jim Kirk, the Ol’ Ranger, und so weiter…)

Signature 

“If I can leave you with one thing it would be this: Live life with your heart and your mind. Those are the two most powerful organs. And have the courage to show the world your soul. Put it out there – some people will love it, some will hate it, but at least you took the risk. And that’s what matters.”
—Shirley Kirk © 2009

Posted: 15 August 2012 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2008-06-25
adamr001 - 10 August 2012 08:47 AM
BlazeMystEra - 10 August 2012 12:04 AM

I could’ve sworn there was… It was sent out via FBs messaging feature.  Of course, I’m a “delete-aholic” so I don’t have the message anymore, but I’m like 90% certain.

I remember I got the 5000 likes voucher, that one that had to be sent and re-sent by volunteers because the facebook message system is so “reliable”... Was there another after that?

Anyway, I don’t mind sharing the newsletters - it’s just that my friends (those few who are remotedly interested in art) don’t really get to see my updates unless they visit my profile specifically… And I can’t say the DAZ3D page appears in my newsfeed as often as I’d like to see it, even though I specifically visit it religiously (one of the few reasons I’m still on fb).  From what I’ve read, to appear in the newsfeeds of friends and subscribers, there has to be substantial “activity” on the page - “likes” and comments to posts etc. I don’t know if it’s true, though.

Signature 

do your research before blaming 3Delight for shortcomings of your renders

dA gallery link in profile along with anything else you may need to know about me

my thread with freebies

1 of 2