Digital Art Zone

EULA Help
Posted: 09 August 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-08-09

Hi, DAZ Team,

I read the EULA and i am confused about this one topic and would like clarification.  If i purchase a prop, character, etc.. from the Shop (A DAZ created character for example).  Can i render the character out as pictures (not using the exact 3D model) and import those pictures into a game? Maybe i am reading wrong but i am thinking that the Game Developer License is for those who would like to export the character into a 3D Format and Import it as a 3D Character in their game. TIA!

Posted: 09 August 2012 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2164
Joined  2012-02-04

I believe you are reading it correctly. My understanding is that you can use the 2D renders without a game license. That has been discussed several times in threads in these forums. I’m not sure it a search would turn those threads up for you. Search is a little weak still. Maybe a search for the word game would work. You could also call DAZ support and ask, if you want to hear it directly from then, I guess.

Posted: 09 August 2012 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

You can use any and all renders freely in games. You can use any and all Animations freely in games, even as sprites or moving objects. You only need a Gamers license if you wish to use the 3D mesh of the object in a 3D game engine.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 09 August 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-08-09

@barbult @Jaderail Thanks you so much guys!