Digital Art Zone

Joint Matrices locked?
Posted: 08 August 2012 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  0

Hello again.  And thanks again to everyone who has helped me to date!

My new problem is I seem to have lost the ability to adjust the Joint Editor Matrices spheres.  I push and pull the handles and arrows, but nothing will move or scale anymore. :(

Did I somehow inadvertently lock them up?  Or can you only set them up one time and that’s it? (No, that can’t be right)

I can move/adjust the Joint Angles.  But, I would like to tweak the spheres too.

So much to learn!

Thanks again!

Posted: 08 August 2012 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Hmm, I can rotate the spheres by grabbing the rings and moving them.  So they aren’t completely locked.

I can input new numbers in the various slider boxes, but as far as I can see, nothing moves.

Posted: 08 August 2012 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13598
Joined  2003-10-09

Is this DS3 or DS4? I recall having an issue like that a time or two in DS3 (or even DS2), but not much in the way of detail. Have you tried saving your work and reopening DS? I’ve a feeling it may have taken an export to CR2, then reopen in DS to fix.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 09 August 2012 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Hi Richard-

It’s DS4.

But re-exporting the CR2 and reopening indeed did the trick!

It even solved another joint editing problem I was having, which I would have had to post on, so this is a two-fer.

Thanks for the solution!  I was pulling my hair out!

Posted: 04 February 2013 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2004-08-24

OMG Thank you!

I am new to rigging, and not only new to rigging, but new to it, using D|S.  I had started on a rigging project and had to put it aside for a day or two.  Opened my saved scene, and had this very same problem!  I rebooted D|S, my computer, tried different settings, nothing worked.

Just tried resaving the CR2, and dropping it back on the “rigging dummy” and voila!  Works again!

Thank you!

~Wolfie~