Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Are Signature Banners sort of back?... How do we do them now?
Posted: 09 August 2012 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2008-07-16

I’m testing something…
Hope it works…

It did.

Image Attachments
SCG2012BannerImage-Rendo.jpg
 Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 09 August 2012 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4538
Joined  2004-08-11

Can’t wait to have embedded vids again.  Miss those allot!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 09 August 2012 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2907
Joined  2004-10-25
lordvicore - 09 August 2012 09:19 AM

I’m testing something…
Hope it works…

It did.

Great!  Now test it in your signature and see if it works there too.  wink

Hmmmm, I just clicked on the linked signature tag in the attached image of our post, and the only thing it did was popup a window with your signature tag in it.  It didn’t go to your ShareCG Gallery.  I guess it’s not really working as we’d like it to.  long face

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 09 August 2012 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7536
Joined  2009-07-13

it did for me on Android!
might be browser dependent.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 09 August 2012 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

always wanted to try a SPAM post, full of SPAM which is spiced ham. SPAM in a can, and spread my SPAM all over the plate with sauce and mustard.
will I get reported for SPAMING?

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 09 August 2012 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-16

Actually, it is for my signature banner at Renderosity… now my banner there works again… before I was using an old (DAZ) gallery image link… when the site change occurred, I lost all my banners everywhere. I’m restoring them one at a time. Thanks to chohole’s instructions I have a working signature link (no banner images there anymore) at SketchUcation, now.

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15740
Joined  2003-10-09

Oh, glad I did something useful.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 09 August 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

I stick my pictures on facebook now and embed them with a resize code I got somewhere (not here though yet as I cannot) because flickr capped me at 100 pics for free and photobucket stopped linking to full sized ones via the thumbs.

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 09 August 2012 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13
chohole - 09 August 2012 04:24 PM

Oh, glad I did something useful.

I assume you are speaking to Lorvidcore and not the troll posting SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 10 August 2012 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2007-12-04

It’s really good to see the avatars and the banners coming back to the site!  Thanks Daz! grin

Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 20 August 2012 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2004-11-11

Interesting thread, I’d like to try that - but what are the rules on Signature Banners? (or the links below them while banners that are links are not yet working?)

Signature 

FranOnTheEdge

Posted: 20 August 2012 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

What rules do you mean.

Banner image max size 480 x 80   kb size 80kb image type .gif .jpg or .png (same as forum images file types).  This is shown on the “edit signature” screen in “your control panel” (top left of forum panel here)

Text and clickable URL links :- it also shows the total character allowed. I can’t check how many that is as I have used some of mine up.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge

Posted: 20 August 2012 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2004-11-11
chohole - 20 August 2012 06:21 AM

What rules do you mean.

Banner image max size 480 x 80   kb size 80kb image type .gif .jpg or .png (same as forum images file types).  This is shown on the “edit signature” screen in “your control panel” (top left of forum panel here)

Text and clickable URL links :- it also shows the total character allowed. I can’t check how many that is as I have used some of mine up.

Right. That’s all useful, thanks.  I also wanted to know what can and can’t be a link.  Like I’ve seen people link to their freebies so:
Can people link to their items for sale? 
To their own website?
To a page on their website with a tutorial?
To a page on their website with for sale items?
To another forum?
To another website’s forum/s?
To a gallery image here?
To a gallery image elsewhere?

Stuff like that.

Signature 

FranOnTheEdge

Posted: 20 August 2012 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-16

Till someone of greater knowledge replies, my guess is based on what was allowed in the past… I’ve seen people with banner-links to their Zazzle catalog page (stuff is for sale there), personal galleries, personal websites (with stuff available for sale), other forums and websites and links to tutorials. I’d imagine it is still the same… I’d imagine only stuff that violates the TOS or is spam-like would be prohibited.
PS if you are the same Franontheedge who made all those cool Bryce materials on ShareCG… Thanks!

Image Attachments
SCG2012BannerImage-General.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 20 August 2012 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
franontheedge - 20 August 2012 07:58 AM
chohole - 20 August 2012 06:21 AM

What rules do you mean.

Right. That’s all useful, thanks.  I also wanted to know what can and can’t be a link.  Like I’ve seen people link to their freebies so:
Can people link to their items for sale? 
To their own website?
To a page on their website with a tutorial?
To a page on their website with for sale items?
To another forum?
To another website’s forum/s?
To a gallery image here?
To a gallery image elsewhere?

Stuff like that.

For obvious reasons Daz3d would rather that you didn’t make links to other forums, or to other website’s forums in your signature bar, as a permanent link, but have no objection to links like this within a post, as long as they are not to “Adult” sites. Links to a gallery image here won’t work at the moment, but only because we don’t have any working galleries at the moment. Links to a gallery image elsewhere are only allowed if that gallery has built in adult content filters which would prevent any under age forum members from being able to view undesirable images.

Signature 

2 of 3