Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Are Signature Banners sort of back?... How do we do them now?
Posted: 07 August 2012 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  693
Joined  2008-07-16

I see some folks have banner images again… they are not clickable, but there are links below or next to them…. how is this being done? If there is an info page I’d be grateful for a link…
Thanks in advance for any info or help!

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 07 August 2012 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8231
Joined  2009-07-13

just upload an image within the size limit and put a url below it.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 07 August 2012 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6445
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi! look at the upper right of any top post on a thread page in a Forum. See the “Your Control Panel”? Click it and all will be revealed.

It’s called “Signature” but you probably knew that.

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Posted: 07 August 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3040
Joined  2004-10-25

Yes they’re back, but this new forum software doesn’t allow (or DAZ prefer it not to allow) for linking to off-site sigtags.  That’s why they have the “upload” option and not the off-site URL option the old forum had.  I prefer the clickable sigtag too, but I tried, and it just comes out as text, so no-go.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 07 August 2012 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  361
Joined  2003-10-09

The DAZ badges/banners aren’t working either. Guessing even those html codes are blocked.

Signature 

“Own the day”
Live, Love, Laugh, Dream, Believe  

Posted: 07 August 2012 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Test.

Posted: 07 August 2012 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25
SassyWench - 07 August 2012 08:38 PM

The DAZ badges/banners aren’t working either. Guessing even those html codes are blocked.

Oh right, I totally forgot about those.  I know there are quite a few who used them in their signatures.  Hmmmm, maybe DAZ’ll change their minds about that, if it’s even possible with this new forum software.  Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

Posted: 07 August 2012 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  361
Joined  2003-10-09
Miss B - 07 August 2012 09:21 PM
SassyWench - 07 August 2012 08:38 PM

Oh right, I totally forgot about those.  I know there are quite a few who used them in their signatures.  Hmmmm, maybe DAZ’ll change their minds about that, if it’s even possible with this new forum software.  Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Or maybe just post the badges as jpg’s so we can upload them ourselves. smile

Signature 

“Own the day”
Live, Love, Laugh, Dream, Believe  

Posted: 08 August 2012 03:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2005-10-21

Nice to see the forum is getting back to how it was! smile

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 08 August 2012 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-16

Wow, thanks for all the replies.  I used to have a clickable banner, which I had learned how to make from a thread that was posted by Jamminwolf…  Apparently once I did it, I deleted it from my memory… probably replaced that info with a Margarita mix recipe or something…

I hope clickable banners are possible… eventually with Magento, if not that would be a really crappy shortcoming for that software… it seems surprisingly limited/difficult in terms of forum features, given it is supposed to be so widely used and so many companies wish to have communities around their products…

One other question… How do I do a link like (for example) Miss B has… hers is a clickable link that says “Visit My Renderosity Gallery” (nice fractals by the way)...
I’d like to have the link say “Visit McGyver’s Freebie Gallery” and it link to my ShareCG gallery…

Yes… I’m that dumb, I still don’t know how to do a link that is not an actual copy/paste address.

Anyway, thanks again in advance for any help on this subject.

Signature 

Posted: 08 August 2012 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16775
Joined  2003-10-09

you need to have [url=      ]  at the beginning putting the url in the space
then type your text
then [/url] at the end

SO then you get Type your text here

and if you click to quote that you will see exactly how I idd it

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 08 August 2012 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2007-10-08

One of the things we are working on is the embedded images with links and embedded videos as well. We hope to have them working before too long.

Posted: 08 August 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-16

Thank you chohole!
It works now! I’m bookmarking this so when I see something shiny and it distracts me, I’ll be able to do this again without bothering people.

Good to know DAZ_bfurner ! Thanks!

Signature 

Posted: 08 August 2012 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25
lordvicore - 08 August 2012 07:50 AM

One other question… How do I do a link like (for example) Miss B has… hers is a clickable link that says “Visit My Renderosity Gallery” (nice fractals by the way)...
I’d like to have the link say “Visit McGyver’s Freebie Gallery” and it link to my ShareCG gallery…

I See Cho has given you directions on how to do a text link, and that you got it done successfully.  wink

Oh, and glad you liked my fractals.  Haven’t done any recently, but when I get on a fractal binge, there’s just no stopping me.  grin

Signature 

Posted: 08 August 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25
DAZ_bfurner - 08 August 2012 09:12 AM

One of the things we are working on is the embedded images with links and embedded videos as well. We hope to have them working before too long.

Oh great!  Thanks for the heads-up.  grin

Signature 

Posted: 08 August 2012 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8231
Joined  2009-07-13

looking forward to embeding videos as I do not do many still renders. The link thingy is cool Wendy appreciates it!
(was wondering how I would use that unlisted upload test video with zero views tongue wink

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

1 of 3