Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Eclipse Studios Closes
Posted: 16 August 2012 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2003-10-09

After reading these posts I wrote a second time to the above email, but still have not had a reply.  Is anyone else here still awaiting links?

Posted: 16 August 2012 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2005-11-18

Got the links meanwhile. When did you pay for the deal? Was it before 08/08? I think it makes sense to repeat mailing to both adresses, the admin and his paypal mail adress. He may be busy with all the things he has to do now and therefor just frequently looks for his mail.

Signature 

may love and light and force restore the plan on earth

Posted: 12 May 2013 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-02-17

If Eclipse Studios has in fact closed, it’s certainly not apparent on the website.  PayPal still processed my close-to-fifty dollar payment to Keith Byrne.  No DL link, no nuthin’.  What I’m reading here is that he shut down in August of 2012—So, nine months later he’s still happily accepting payments, but not providing products?  Hm.  Well, I’m intensely frustrated, to say the least.  I’m still a bit foggy about the disabling java in order to receive emails from Eclipse; could someone please explain to me what that is, exactly?

Posted: 12 May 2013 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2003-10-09
iggy88 - 12 May 2013 03:33 PM

If Eclipse Studios has in fact closed, it’s certainly not apparent on the website.  PayPal still processed my close-to-fifty dollar payment to Keith Byrne.  No DL link, no nuthin’.  What I’m reading here is that he shut down in August of 2012—So, nine months later he’s still happily accepting payments, but not providing products?  Hm.  Well, I’m intensely frustrated, to say the least.  I’m still a bit foggy about the disabling java in order to receive emails from Eclipse; could someone please explain to me what that is, exactly?

Keith sold it to some of his friends/co-workers.
They may be slow to respond to payments as Keith was. It was never automated and quick. I believe they are still paying him for some of the packs he created before he sold the store so he may be getting the money directly and fulfilling what comes from him, I don’t know. I haven’t ordered from them in a while.

Here’s an email you can try from an e-mail I received from them in March.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

They’ve been selling bigger motion packs for much more money over at Rendo (to cover the Rendo cut) in the farsunset store. Cheaper if you buy them from the Eclipse site.

Posted: 12 May 2013 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2007-02-17

Thanks for the helpful words, Kevin.  I’ve been using the email you listed, but still have yet to hear from anyone.  Of course, I’d prefer that it takes them time to respond as opposed to the alternative—which is receiving nothing.  I wish the Posermocaps had more of a variety of dynamic animations, but this doesn’t appear to be the case.  I also purchased the Aniblock importer for Carrara, but the choices are slim, and again, there seems to be a lack of useful motions for storytelling.  Oh well.  Thanks again for your help!

Posted: 12 May 2013 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2003-10-09
iggy88 - 12 May 2013 05:35 PM

Thanks for the helpful words, Kevin.  I’ve been using the email you listed, but still have yet to hear from anyone.  Of course, I’d prefer that it takes them time to respond as opposed to the alternative—which is receiving nothing.  I wish the Posermocaps had more of a variety of dynamic animations, but this doesn’t appear to be the case.  I also purchased the Aniblock importer for Carrara, but the choices are slim, and again, there seems to be a lack of useful motions for storytelling.  Oh well.  Thanks again for your help!

You’re welcome!
Here is another one:
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 12 May 2013 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2007-02-17

Wow, thank you yet again, Kevin!  If I get any bites, I’ll be sure to let you know.  Cheers!

Posted: 14 May 2013 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2007-02-17

Hey Kevin,  thank you so much for the alternate email.  The person did respond, and I did receive my DL links.  I do feel a bit guilty, because I guess the person who now handles Eclipse Studios was in the hospital for some reason, and I felt like a serious nag.  However—how was I supposed to know?  In any event, the transaction is complete, and I certainly appreciate your assistance!  Say, you wouldn’t know anything about installation problems with VectorStyle 2 and Carrara 8 Pro, would you?!  wink

Posted: 01 July 2014 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-05-20

Hello there,

just to renew the topic, i have buy a motion pack from eclipse studios, but so far no link to the package, contacted him trough email, phone calls and smoke sign, no trace of the library…
someone have recently purchased something from them?

Best

2 of 2