Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
This week’s Freebie ROCKS!!
Posted: 07 August 2012 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  845
Joined  2008-11-01

Thank you DAZ3D and ARTCollaborations!! I really think this is this week’s FREEBIE is AWESOMELY COOL!!!  cool grin  smile

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/enchanted-island/

Posted: 07 August 2012 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-04-29

Thank you Jasmine for the link, that is really cool.

Posted: 07 August 2012 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2006-04-08

Yes. And stones, and grass, and…

grin

..Joe

Signature 

“Some people are like a Slinky… not really good for anything, but you still can’t help but smile when you shove them down the stairs”

Posted: 07 August 2012 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3059
Joined  2004-10-25

I posted in another thread, but thought I might do it here too.  Here’s a link to 3 renders I did while I was beta testing this set—>
http://3dpixelzone.com/ART/enchanted.htm

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 07 August 2012 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  684
Joined  2010-12-13

Looks like a fun set! grin After I download it, I would like to try stretching one of the statues in the set in the Y direction to see if it will more closely resemble an actual Moai. FYI, a recent study of how the Moai were transported lends credence to the oral tradition that says, “The statues walked.” gulp 3 teams of men with ropes could indeed have rocked the statues side to side and moved them forward in a walking motion. Previous explanations for how the statues were transported seem to have been completely off base.

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

Posted: 07 August 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  845
Joined  2008-11-01
Miss B - 07 August 2012 03:10 PM

I posted in another thread, but thought I might do it here too.  Here’s a link to 3 renders I did while I was beta testing this set—>

Those are awesome MissB! smile

Posted: 07 August 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2004-06-24

File size is 151MB (pc)  for those that wish to know.

Cheers
GG

Signature 

WHO said Kiwis can’t fly ?????

Posted: 07 August 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  343
Joined  2003-10-09

The one on the right reminds me of my middle school homeroom teacher.

Posted: 07 August 2012 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2713
Joined  2012-02-04

Am I the only one have trouble with the Enchanted Island product in DAZ Studio? When I opened DAZ Studio 4.0 after installing it, I thought “Oh Good, metadata!”. But the metadata seems to be way wrong. The things don’t show up in the Smart Content in the categories shown in the Readme. (At least we got a readme file, though.) I am also having trouble with statue shadows showing up on the sky background. My render also shows dark vertical lines in the curves of the sky corners when using the supplied camera preset. Am I doing something wrong?

I also don’t understand why the Content Library shows two icons for +AFullStatue.pp2. If I browse to file location, one is in My Library\Runtime\libraries\props\ART_EnchantedIsland\Instances and the other is in My Library\Runtime\libraries\props\ART_EnchantedIsland\Parented. What is the difference and how do I know which to use?

And what is that Gum prop for?? That one is a real mystery to me. I don’t see it in the promo images.

Thanks for any enlightenment you can offer so I can get better usage from this neat freebie.

(Edited to add render showing the dark vertical lines in the day sky .)

Image Attachments
Enchanted_Island_day_sky.png
 Signature 

New member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 07 August 2012 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1681
Joined  2006-09-09
barbult - 07 August 2012 04:42 PM

I also don’t understand why the Content Library shows two icons for +AFullStatue.pp2. If I browse to file location, one is in My Library\Runtime\libraries\props\ART_EnchantedIsland\Instances and the other is in My Library\Runtime\libraries\props\ART_EnchantedIsland\Parented. What is the difference and how do I know which to use?

And what is that Gum prop for?? That one is a real mystery to me. I don’t see it in the promo images.

the gum prop would be just for fun. :D To have one of the statues blowing bubblegum - I’d say Ann or Frank were in a giggly mood when they added that. :D

As for the instances and parented - excuse me not using the actual technical terms for this (because my tech terms sucks),but one would be say, loading the statues in the place they would be “parented” to the ground etc and in the places to make the full scene, the other would have them just loading as normal in the middle of the scene for you to place wherever you wanted (like, if you just wanted to use one of teh statues for a completely different scene you are creating and it loads in themiddle of the viewport, not off to the left where it would if you were using the intended scene).

Gosh, that doens’t make much sense to ME. Did you understand what I meant? (really need to brush up on the “tecnical” explanations)

Posted: 07 August 2012 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3059
Joined  2004-10-25
JasmineSkunk - 07 August 2012 03:58 PM
Miss B - 07 August 2012 03:10 PM

Those are awesome MissB! smile

Thank ya ma’am.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 07 August 2012 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
jakiblue - 07 August 2012 05:24 PM
barbult - 07 August 2012 04:42 PM

the gum prop would be just for fun. :D To have one of the statues blowing bubblegum - I’d say Ann or Frank were in a giggly mood when they added that. :D

As for the instances and parented - excuse me not using the actual technical terms for this (because my tech terms sucks),but one would be say, loading the statues in the place they would be “parented” to the ground etc and in the places to make the full scene, the other would have them just loading as normal in the middle of the scene for you to place wherever you wanted (like, if you just wanted to use one of teh statues for a completely different scene you are creating and it loads in themiddle of the viewport, not off to the left where it would if you were using the intended scene).

Gosh, that doens’t make much sense to ME. Did you understand what I meant? (really need to brush up on the “tecnical” explanations)

Yes, that makes sense. And now that I look closer, the names of the files are not exactly the same. One is +AFullStatue and the other is +AStatueFull. However, when I double click on them, the both put the statue in exactly the same place. So, I guess I’m still puzzled.

Signature 

Posted: 07 August 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1681
Joined  2006-09-09
barbult - 07 August 2012 05:45 PM

Yes, that makes sense. And now that I look closer, the names of the files are not exactly the same. One is +AFullStatue and the other is +AStatueFull. However, when I double click on them, the both put the statue in exactly the same place. So, I guess I’m still puzzled.

i had a look at the readme and the smart content paths seem to be the same as what I have when i look in my smart content. Maybe it got corrected after you read it?

Ok you got me there,maybe Ann has a better explanation than me, which is definitely likely LOL. I’ll see if she can pop in here and explain it better. :D

Posted: 07 August 2012 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04
jakiblue - 07 August 2012 05:53 PM
barbult - 07 August 2012 05:45 PM

i had a look at the readme and the smart content paths seem to be the same as what I have when i look in my smart content. Maybe it got corrected after you read it?

Ok you got me there,maybe Ann has a better explanation than me, which is definitely likely LOL. I’ll see if she can pop in here and explain it better. :D

OMG
Edit - clicked submit way to soon!
They DID change it! The first readme that I exported to PDF had a header date of 2012/08/08 1:06. I just exported again and it has a header date of 2012/08/08 4:00. And the contents are different.

Signature 

Posted: 07 August 2012 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  559
Joined  2009-04-14

Yes, thank you very much. It’s definitely something that’s been missing from my collection.

Posted: 07 August 2012 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2010-01-27

So, how do you use the gum? I’ve been clicking around aimlessly. Select a statue then load the gum? (That’s my guess, but it didn’t.)

Signature 

—————————-
“By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.”—Socrates
http://www.improbable.me
Using DS 4.5.0.114 Pro 64 bit poorly.

(Formerly Halfbubble)

1 of 3