Digital Art Zone

63 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 10 October 2012 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 931 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5129
Joined  2008-03-06

I finally caved and upgraded (necessarily, since I want to keep submitting products to DAZ).  The fix dup script has worked fine.  The rendering etc. seems a little quicker and more responsive, even.  I’ve got the compression etc. pretty well figured out as well.  The improved transfer utility hair conversion is very nice.

The only problem I’ve had so far has been a memory leakage issue with more than one instance of the program open.  It was filling up my little SSD and lagging Windows 7.  I moved my virtual memory paging file to my secondary hard drive, which is much larger, and so far this seems to fix it.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 11 October 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 932 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  729
Joined  2010-03-13

Also a short fyi in here, as the beta thread will probably be dropped soon: Daz Studio Pro 4.5.1.6 is available via reset of the regular (non-beta) history.

Posted: 11 October 2012 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 933 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  418
Joined  2010-08-26

Hello, here`s a quick question, sorry if it was covered on the previous 63 pages.

Is there a known color issue with UberSurface(1) on DS 4.5, or does it require an extra download ?
I like the V5 Valerie skin a lot, but with 4.5 it turned quite red.
There seems to be a slight color/saturation change in general, but on that skin it`s really massiv.

Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

To be the still point in a turning world is a warrior`s greatest feat. -Destiny
I am in deep shtako here! -Cass
Did I fall asleep? - For a little while. - Shall I go now? - If you like. -Echo & Topher

Posted: 11 October 2012 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 934 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5129
Joined  2008-03-06

Haargh.  I spoke too soon.

Updated to 4.5.1.6.  Now I can’t render at all.  With any MLIE layers in the scene and/or more than one Genesis with a body texture it hangs permanently on optimizing images.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or is there a fix?  Killing tdlmakes doesn’t do it.  It just proliferates again instantly.

EDIT: I rolled back to 4.5.0 etc.  Didn’t fix the problem but did increase stability and decrease in-scene lag.  What it apparently can’t handle is a shader with transparency being applied over a transmapped hair.  This is annoying, as I really wanted dirty hair for the scene, but at least it’s rendering now.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 12 October 2012 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 935 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11508
Joined  2007-11-06

...Sounds like a new memory leak issue.  Guess I’ll wait on this update as I feel rather fortunate (and more than quite surprised) this actually worked on my old system.

(4.5, Genesis, Steph4 Shape, Thorne’s Princess...)

Image Attachments
leela_genesis_test.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 13 October 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 936 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2006-12-08

I bought Daz Studio Pro 4 last year with a serial number.  I got Daz Studio Pro 4.5 free and my question is do I use my Daz Studio Pro 4 serial number for Daz Studio Pro 4.5?

Dee

Signature 

Life is simple - People make it complicated

Old post count until May 2012 was 5453

Posted: 13 October 2012 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 937 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9004
Joined  2007-11-06
earth2d - 13 October 2012 10:39 AM

I bought Daz Studio Pro 4 last year with a serial number.  I got Daz Studio Pro 4.5 free and my question is do I use my Daz Studio Pro 4 serial number for Daz Studio Pro 4.5?

Dee

Yes, you can use your bought serial number (in fact, paid serial numbers activate Decimator, which isn’t with free serial numbers).

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 13 October 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 938 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2006-12-08
fixmypcmike - 13 October 2012 12:19 PM
earth2d - 13 October 2012 10:39 AM

Dee

Yes, you can use your bought serial number (in fact, paid serial numbers activate Decimator, which isn’t with free serial numbers).

TY for the feedback!

Signature 

Life is simple - People make it complicated

Old post count until May 2012 was 5453

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 939 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-08-24

I had been using Daz Studio 4.3 with no problems except with the grime-inizer and goredom ect shaders which would stop showing in the scene. I have just installed Daz Studio 4.5.1.6 Pro to see if the new version would fix the problem and also to use some of the newer genesis content for 4.5. Now all my previous saved scenes load with multiple problems of figures and textures not loading, the interface lags so much it is unusable and is constantly telling me it has stopped responding and crashing. If I try to render a saved scene it is optimising images forever and giving out numbers of images it is trying to optimise which are far higher than are in the actual scene. The scene I was working on for over a week is for a contest entry and is now unusable and I am eager to get this problem fixed as I am running out of time to get it finished.

Can someone please help?  I am wondering if I have failed to install everything that is needed or not installed the relevant updates to plugins. These are the files I installed :

DAZStudio_4.5.1.6_Win64
14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx
DS4_D3DGenX_1.2.0.0_Win64

Posted: 14 October 2012 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 940 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-01-19

I was kind of wondering if there was going to be a Mac version of Mimic Live.  No way to lip sync in 4.5 I can see ATM.

Posted: 14 October 2012 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 941 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2497
Joined  2003-12-06
FragmentedFortunes - 13 October 2012 08:13 PM

Now all my previous saved scenes load with multiple problems of figures and textures not loading,

This seems to be a far too common problem with old-type scenes saved in earlier versions. I have similar hiccups with D|S3 (and some earlier) .daz scenes, and as far as I can tell both versions’ directory settings point to the same content locations. But still, 4.5 seems to be unable to find random things. The scenes do still load perfectly in D|S3 — if there’s a pattern to it, I can’t see what it might be. Ideas, anyone?

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 942 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9004
Joined  2007-11-06
SpottedKitty - 14 October 2012 03:08 PM

Now all my previous saved scenes load with multiple problems of figures and textures not loading,

This seems to be a far too common problem with old-type scenes saved in earlier versions. I have similar hiccups with D|S3 (and some earlier) .daz scenes, and as far as I can tell both versions’ directory settings point to the same content locations. But still, 4.5 seems to be unable to find random things. The scenes do still load perfectly in D|S3 — if there’s a pattern to it, I can’t see what it might be. Ideas, anyone?

Double-check that the folders set in Content Directory Manager are identical and in the same order for both DS and Poser format
If using Vista or Win7, make sure the content is not in the Program Files/Program Files (x86) hierarchies

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 943 ]
Joined  2006-08-24
fixmypcmike - 14 October 2012 05:07 PM
SpottedKitty - 14 October 2012 03:08 PM

Double-check that the folders set in Content Directory Manager are identical and in the same order for both DS and Poser format
If using Vista or Win7, make sure the content is not in the Program Files/Program Files (x86) hierarchies

Thanks so much for the replies SpottedKitty and fixmypcmike, I am using Win 7 Professional but there was no content in Program Files/Program Files (x86) hierarchies and the directories looked the same. I did some further testing in 4.5,  I created a new scene with the figures and props it had a problem with in the saved scenes and they all loaded fine but then trying to click around the interface there was still an extreme lag, odd screen flashes and crashes making it unusable, I did not get as far as rendering.

I have rolled it back to 4.3 for now as I just don’t have the time to spend sorting it out which is a shame as new content is being released that only works in 4.5. I will have another go when I have more time. Thanks for the help.

Posted: 15 October 2012 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 944 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2497
Joined  2003-12-06
fixmypcmike - 14 October 2012 05:07 PM

If you also mean “identical in both D|S3 and 4.5” they can’t be. I have the D|S3 Content linked in for 4.5, but there’s no point in putting the D|S4.5 My Library in D|S3, since nothing in there will work.

Or would it simplify (some*) things if I migrated the My Library files into Content and change the D|S4.5 directory settings to match?

* Some things that won’t be simplified — I keep the Genesis and only-works-in-4 stuff in My Library, if I mix them I’ll only get even more confused than I already am…

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 15 October 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 945 ]
Joined  2010-12-14
Danborn - 18 August 2012 10:14 PM

Does anyone use the Layered Image Editor? 

My workflow with Photoshop is dependent on it (can’t rely on that flaky bridge), and it seems the paradigm for layer settings management has fundamentally changed.  Gone is the DSI file (glad I didn’t get around to writing scripts to manipulate it!) with the layer settings now stored in the project DUF I suspect.

But the killer for me is the inability to edit the current layer set—instead of simple editing, 4.5 seems to spawn an integer-incremented duplicate layer set.  The settings of the duplicate you’re allowed to change, but there’s no ‘Save’ or ‘Save As’ option to overwrite the original.  If you change or remove the integer increment to an existing layer set name, you’re kindly reminded that the name must be unique. 

And that’s it—roadblock.  As often as I tweak the LIE settings, managing layer sets would get really messy very quickly.  So I’m back to 4.0 for a few weeks or months ‘till this issue gets resolved.

Danborn

It was with great anticipation I loaded the recent bug-fix release, hoping this most-obvious of problems (please see original post above for description) had been fixed.  But evidently it was not, as I soon learned—had closed-out all WIP relying on legacy LIE functionality expectations, and upgraded to 4.5 about a month ago. But I cannot move forward with any design elements dependent on LIE until this issue is resolved.

Richard Haseltine, Szark or other highly-decorated Guru Emeritus, are you out there?  Is there something simple I’m missing enabling true editing of an LIE 4.5 layer-set?  Is LIE being deprecated in favor of some other paradigm?  Please advise, I need to know—my workflow is partially paralyzed! 

Attached is a graphical screenshot overview of the issue.

Thanks
Danborn

Image Attachments
LIE_Issue.jpg

63 of 65