Digital Art Zone

62 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 29 September 2012 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 916 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2003-10-12

Here’s a new one:

Since installing DS 4.5, every time that I start it, the dimensions keep defaulting to something listed as “custom” (955 by 449).

I’ve set the preferences for no scene at all but, every time, it’s back to that. In the past, if I set it as Active Viewport, it would stay that way until I changed to something else, even at startup.

Anyone know how to correct this annoyance?

Posted: 29 September 2012 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 917 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2010-06-18

Hi…

That’s a bug in DS 4.5.0.114 and has been fixed in 4.5.0.137 Beta. There’s no real way to stop it from happening when ever you start DS except to switch to the Beta or wait for the next general release.

Hope this helps… smile

Posted: 30 September 2012 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 918 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11068
Joined  2007-11-06

...I no longer do beta (with the exception of videotape format) as I learned my lesson well with Studio3Advanced.. This is going to have to wait until the next stable release (which should be 4.6, but don’t quote me on that).

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 30 September 2012 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 919 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2003-10-09
RAMWolff - 20 August 2012 08:40 PM

OK… one more Aiko 3 post.  I spent the last couple of hours having lots of fun, seriously not kidding, updating this file.  Saved out as a new file.  This is an OLD freebie.  Everyone remember Arien?  Well before she broke into the brokerage she was doing freebies with this other dude that’s long since left .... This is Freja.  A very very comprehensive set he did.  I don’t think Arien did any textures for it but they were the team to beat back then.  Both inspired allot of folks including me.

Sorry for the necroposting, but I just found this.
Richard, I *did* textures for Freya, they were my very first freebie.

http://www.arien-graphics.com/wp/?p=40

No DS settings, as I couldn’t use it back then, but if you want my textures, you can find them there.

And thank you wink

Signature 

My DAZ Store

My Freebies!

Posted: 30 September 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 920 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4538
Joined  2004-08-11
Arien - 30 September 2012 03:36 AM
RAMWolff - 20 August 2012 08:40 PM

OK… one more Aiko 3 post.  I spent the last couple of hours having lots of fun, seriously not kidding, updating this file.  Saved out as a new file.  This is an OLD freebie.  Everyone remember Arien?  Well before she broke into the brokerage she was doing freebies with this other dude that’s long since left .... This is Freja.  A very very comprehensive set he did.  I don’t think Arien did any textures for it but they were the team to beat back then.  Both inspired allot of folks including me.

Sorry for the necroposting, but I just found this.
Richard, I *did* textures for Freya, they were my very first freebie.

http://www.arien-graphics.com/wp/?p=40

No DS settings, as I couldn’t use it back then, but if you want my textures, you can find them there.

And thank you wink

WOW, these are really fabulous.  I might have them but who knows where they are buried! lol Most of this will be easily DS’d, perhaps the metal pieces will remain shaders, I’ll have to see!  Thanks sweetie!  grin

XOXOXO

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 30 September 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 921 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

You’re welcome. You will probably need masks for the metallic trims over the green velvet, but those are full block metallics as opposed to designs so should be easily doable. let me know if you’ve managed to fully port it to Genesis, I’ll update the shaders to match. These haven’t had that many downloads of late, at least not for what I can see in the server logs, but if they start getting hits again I will do it. Remember, Fredrik DID allow redistribution (even commercial!) so we can play with the models more than we would normally be able to with standard licenses.

Signature 

My DAZ Store

My Freebies!

Posted: 30 September 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 922 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Ah, totally forgot about that allowance.  COOL.  Well there is the cape that will be fitted as a long dress but not sure if I’ll need to rebone it in the setup area and I’ve not done that.  I shy away from stuff that needs that sort of work but I guess I need to tackle that eventually!  lol I actually got turned on to the proper way to fully bring in, texture and export maps from ZBrush yesterday so that will be my main focus today.  I want to get a subtools made that I can bring back in time and time again.  So it will be about experimentation to see if it works.  If so then I’ll be able to beat out the issue of working with various UVs like M5, V5 and all the rest.  I’m quite excited about this prospect!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 30 September 2012 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 923 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yeah, that’s why I could rework the Wyrm. I think that a lot of the items on Freja, like the dress and cloak, had quite a bit of EasyPose setup. Not sure how you should work that with weight mapping, but could be interesting rigging challenge.

Signature 

My DAZ Store

My Freebies!

Posted: 30 September 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 924 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Hehehe.. yea, I just love a good challenge… well not to much, I’m such a delicate flower you know!  raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 06 October 2012 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 925 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1943
Joined  0

ok…so I have, more or less, been forced to update my DS4.0 TO DS4.5. It is a faster build and it does save in a new format. This has caused some terrible problems for my saved scene files and my characters. When I try to load a character I created (and there are many) I get an error message…it does not load. If I try to load it again, it crashed DS4.5 with a fatal error. That sux, now I have lost all my created characters. With the scene files, it opens a scene, but all the clothes and hair on any Genesis characters is scaled up to exactly 112.9, so I have to go back and rescale everything, then save it to the new format. Very timely. All M5 clothes scale down to exactly 96.4, so I have to scale them back up, then save to the new format.

Any quick fixes for this…any suggeations. Any help would be appreciated. Just no time to go through all these pages looking for this issue.

ok…I feel better, my two cents worth.

grin

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 06 October 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 926 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1401
Joined  2009-09-11

I ma having issues too see the 37 beta thread it’s garbage….

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 08 October 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 927 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2011-08-08

I and some of my friends would like to know the particulars concerning ubersurface shaders. Is it different from the hss shaders, or is it hss2? If anyone here knows the answer, it would be greatly appreciated by my friends and me.

Posted: 08 October 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 928 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2004-03-03
Mage 13X13 - 08 October 2012 03:51 PM

I and some of my friends would like to know the particulars concerning ubersurface shaders. Is it different from the hss shaders, or is it hss2? If anyone here knows the answer, it would be greatly appreciated by my friends and me.

http://omnifreaker.com/index.php?title=UberSurface

Posted: 10 October 2012 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 929 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-08-24

Do I need to download all the 4.5 installers for my content if I install DAZ Studion 4.5?

Posted: 10 October 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 930 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2366
Joined  2003-12-06
hiyashi_yasuro - 10 October 2012 10:07 AM

Do I need to download all the 4.5 installers for my content if I install DAZ Studion 4.5?

There are no “4.5 installers” for content — most content doesn’t need to be updated when the program is updated. Genesis is a special case, some early content had mistakes, and some program updates broke things in Genesis, requiring a fix.

The other major exception to this is plugins, which frequently (but not always) need updates when there are major program updates.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

62 of 65