Digital Art Zone

52 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 11 September 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 766 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4538
Joined  2004-08-11

Well I’ve been waiting for years to have many of my fav filters upgraded to 64 bit with no joy so far.  The Xero filters were an old fav of mine… Oh well!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 11 September 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 767 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1698
Joined  2008-05-31

64 bit OS hasn’t been that popular either until recently. Eventually everything will go 64 bit so I think there is a good chance that many filters will be updated.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 11 September 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 768 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4538
Joined  2004-08-11

Yea, in touch with Flaming Pear right now.  Seems their plugins DO work with CS6 64 bit.  So waiting to hear back from Lloyd about downloads.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 11 September 2012 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 769 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2007-03-02

I just downloaded the new 4.5 version and installed it successfully. But some items of the default Genesis content are empty. where can i download the default basic or starter content for Daz 4.5 Pro? Can you post a link?
Also,when I double click on the visible smart content items, nothing happens no cloth load on to the figure.

Posted: 11 September 2012 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 770 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6500
Joined  2005-08-15

You have to ‘buy’ DS4P from the Store for $0.0, and it is then added to your cart.  The link you got it from is not much use really, and I don’t know why it is still there.  It is called genesis Starter Essentials, just run it and install to the My Library folder.

Posted: 11 September 2012 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 771 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1583
Joined  2009-08-08

The current version still 4.5.0.114? Or has there been another update?

The main reason I’m asking is because I used a download link which downloaded it directly, and I don’t think it went through my shopping cart, so I don’t think it’s in my purchase history.

So long as I’m asking, which plugins are going to need to be re-downloaded?

I see that my old DS4Advanced either shipped with, or I added Layered Image Editor and MorphLoader as separate items which needed to be installed individually. DS4Pro didn’t. I’m assuming that those were built into Pro?

DS4Pro came with DS4_3DBridge, DS4_GoZ and Darkside. DS4.5 didn’t. Are those all now built in (I have heard that Darkside is), or are they optional add-ns that we need to find and purchase separately?

Third Party plugins I know have to be updated by the developer. I’ve a number of those, but some of them I gather have been updated now. Such as the Dynamic clothing control and GenX. Anything else I’ll just have to wait on, and since I’m not in the habit of using them yet, that can wait.

Posted: 11 September 2012 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 772 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2012-02-05
JOdel - 11 September 2012 04:37 PM

I see that my old DS4Advanced either shipped with, or I added Layered Image Editor and MorphLoader as separate items which needed to be installed individually. DS4Pro didn’t. I’m assuming that those were built into Pro?

DS4Pro came with DS4_3DBridge, DS4_GoZ and Darkside. DS4.5 didn’t. Are those all now built in (I have heard that Darkside is), or are they optional add-ns that we need to find and purchase separately?

I reset my DS 4 Pro download some days ago (on August 31), and it came with
- DS 4.5.0.114   (+ DS 4.0.3.47)
- 3D Bridge 1.2 (+ 1.0)
- Decimator 1.3
- GoZ 1.2 (+ 1.0)
- Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3
Darkside is included in 4.5

GenX and its Gen.3 Addons have just been updated

edit:
the Layered Image Editor has already been builtin in DS 4 Pro

Posted: 11 September 2012 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 773 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-08

My main concern is that since it downloaded bypassing my cart, I never got notice of a serial number. Will 4.5 accept my 4.0Pro serial number?

I don’t have separate installers of any of that stuff but the program and the Genesis Starter Essentials. The version numbers are the same anyway.

Posted: 11 September 2012 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 774 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-10-09

Your serial numbers should be available in you account information.

Posted: 11 September 2012 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 775 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-08

Well, mystery solved. I installed the direct download version and ti immediately took me to the page that says “Upgrade to Pro” and informs you of GoZ and Photoshop Bridge. From that page there’s a button to “buy” the program all over again, which puts it in your cart and you can check out with it. I’m assuming I’ll get the serial # in e-mail any time now. It’s mildly irking that suddenly I have DS4Pro in my downloads as well (took a minute to realize that’s what all those other files were. But no one says I have to redownload all those.

Posted: 11 September 2012 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 776 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-06-07

In the old itemized order history it was easy to search for the various packages to reset. but finding them in my 250 pages of 50 seems quite difficult. I cannot even remember what letter the dynamic clothing control starts with (it does not seem to be D). Does any have a good suggestion on how reset all the various downloads. Clicking the order again is tempting but a little costly….

Posted: 11 September 2012 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 777 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  234
Joined  2003-10-09
nealstep - 11 September 2012 07:58 PM

I cannot even remember what letter the dynamic clothing control starts with (it does not seem to be D). Does any have a good suggestion on how reset all the various downloads. Clicking the order again is tempting but a little costly…

It shows up in my Itemized Order History as Dynamic Clothing Control

Coldrake

Image Attachments
DCC.jpg
 Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

If I have to choose between speed and quality, I’ll take quality every time.
———————————————————

It’s not what tools you use,
It’s how you use your tools.

Posted: 11 September 2012 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 778 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8546
Joined  2007-11-06
nealstep - 11 September 2012 07:58 PM

In the old itemized order history it was easy to search for the various packages to reset. but finding them in my 250 pages of 50 seems quite difficult. I cannot even remember what letter the dynamic clothing control starts with (it does not seem to be D). Does any have a good suggestion on how reset all the various downloads. Clicking the order again is tempting but a little costly….

If you’re on Windows, http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/
Free, downloads your history into a searchable database, reset right from the program.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 11 September 2012 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 779 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2012-01-28

I successfully upgraded to DAZ studio Pro 4.5, but unfortunately my genesis evolution body and head morphs are no longer visibly present in DAZ studio.

I uninstalled and re-installed these items, but the morphs still aren’t showing. Anybody know how I can fix this?

Thanks

Posted: 11 September 2012 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 780 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-08

Well, I finally did the install. It seems to be running anyway. But any character morph target with a ‘new’ label on it refuses to load, always claiming that there are missing files. The older stuff all seems to load all right, or at least the older stuff I tried. I’m assuming that I need to reinstallall of them. Some are a bit too new to really seem to need updates. but I’ll first try reinstalling the copies that I’ve got on my backup drive, and it that doesn’t do it, reset the downloads.

52 of 65