Digital Art Zone

51 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 09 September 2012 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 751 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3177
Joined  2007-06-22
Kyoto Kid - 09 September 2012 05:55 PM
fixmypcmike - 09 September 2012 12:41 PM
Kyoto Kid - 09 September 2012 02:37 AM

...well, I was weighing out my decision to install 4.5Pro based on what I have been experiencing with 4.0, so in a way this has been relevant.

When you mentioned the same operational issues exist with 4.5, to me it says there has been no real improvement to make it any more efficient and stable in 32 bit than it’s predecessors. Therefore this validates my position that, in my case, there would be no advantage to upgrading.

No, just that the problems inherent in working under 32-bits with 2GB of RAM will be about the same.  There are many bug fixes in 4.5, but it’s still going to be limited if you run it under those conditions.

...exactly my point. 4.5 (and even 4.0) should only have been released as a 64 bit application.  The limitations in 32 bit are just too severe for supporting the level of performance demanded today.

That comes across a bit selfish, you have problems so no one else should be allowed the advantages of the advancments?
I ran on 32 bit up until a couple of weeks ago, I dealt with the limitations and did fine.

Posted: 10 September 2012 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 752 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1007
Joined  2003-10-09
fixmypcmike - 09 September 2012 11:34 PM

If you have the Genesis Evolution Head Morphs and Genesis Evolution Expressions from their initial release and you never updated them, and you still have the original installers, install them again with the uninstaller option selected, then uninstall them.  Other content doesn’t need to be uninstalled, you can jut install the updated version and it will overwrite.

You don’t need to uninstall everything else.

Thanks for responding. I got them in a bundle I think. But not until the end of February and no Expressions (in a separate file anyway) so I don’t think I have the originals. I’ll install and uninstall anyway. Thanks.

Do you remember the last date all the Genesis stuff was updated? Or, maybe more simply, the last date I should reset stuff? And when did Genesis first appear? If I just reset between those dates I should be okay and could reset older files at my leisure since I’m not using CMS for stuff other than Genesis or DS4 specific.

Posted: 10 September 2012 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 753 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  2007-04-25
fixmypcmike - 18 August 2012 05:18 PM
nonesuch00 - 18 August 2012 05:09 PM
Bobvan - 18 August 2012 03:38 PM

Where is this new download??

Just go to the DAZ Studio 4.5 store and go to Software DAZ Studio. The update they are talking about is the update from RC3 (4.5.0.90) to Release (4.5.0.114).

Here is the link:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/daz-studio-4/daz-studio-4-pro

Also, I don’t own many plugins but the MimicLive Plugin has to be downloaded and upgraded seperately.

Also, the FaceShop EZ 7.02 plugin has to be upgraded by that company. I’ve sent an email to them already. Other might do the same to let them know we use their product.

Bobvan,

For WIN the fix is available for the last 4-5 weeks.
To get new plugins visit http://abalonellc.com/free-upgrade-for-existing-pro-users.html

Posted: 10 September 2012 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 754 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

...well, I was weighing out my decision to install 4.5Pro based on what I have been experiencing with 4.0, so in a way this has been relevant.

When you mentioned the same operational issues exist with 4.5, to me it says there has been no real improvement to make it any more efficient and stable in 32 bit than it’s predecessors. Therefore this validates my position that, in my case, there would be no advantage to upgrading.

No, just that the problems inherent in working under 32-bits with 2GB of RAM will be about the same.  There are many bug fixes in 4.5, but it’s still going to be limited if you run it under those conditions.

...exactly my point. 4.5 (and even 4.0) should only have been released as a 64 bit application.  The limitations in 32 bit are just too severe for supporting the level of performance demanded today.

I also have to use a 32bit system and have 4.5 installed. I haven’t had any problems running it on my system (amd athlon x2 dual core cpu 6000+, 3.01 ghz with a geForce 8400 GS graphics card). I’ve been using this system since Studio 2.0 without trouble. The only issue I really have is that dumb tdlmake.exe file when you load textures. If I try and do anything while that’s running everything lags something awful but if I give it time to do whatever it is that it does everything goes back to normal….  For larger scenes, I piece things together in different files and then merge them when I’m ready for the final details and rendering to help prevent further lag or memory issues.

I also have my runtimes on a different drive too, by the way. The program is installed to my main drive and the runtimes are on a 1tb external usb drive.  I’ve also done it this way since Studio 3something without problems smile  I use my own custom tree setup and don’t use the CMS though.

Posted: 10 September 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 755 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2006-10-28

If you have the Genesis Evolution Head Morphs and Genesis Evolution Expressions from their initial release and you never updated them, and you still have the original installers, install them again with the uninstaller option selected, then uninstall them.  Other content doesn’t need to be uninstalled, you can jut install the updated version and it will overwrite.

This is what I did, and everything seems to be working OK. I thought, from what I’d read, that it would be a big mess and I’d have to reinstall all kinds of things. Fortunately, that hasn’t happened.

Posted: 10 September 2012 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 756 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2005-02-27
atryeu - 10 September 2012 11:38 AM

I also have to use a 32bit system and have 4.5 installed. I haven’t had any problems running it on my system (amd athlon x2 dual core cpu 6000+, 3.01 ghz with a geForce 8400 GS graphics card). I’ve been using this system since Studio 2.0 without trouble. The only issue I really have is that dumb tdlmake.exe file when you load textures. If I try and do anything while that’s running everything lags something awful but if I give it time to do whatever it is that it does everything goes back to normal….  For larger scenes, I piece things together in different files and then merge them when I’m ready for the final details and rendering to help prevent further lag or memory issues.

I also have my runtimes on a different drive too, by the way. The program is installed to my main drive and the runtimes are on a 1tb external usb drive.  I’ve also done it this way since Studio 3something without problems :)  I use my own custom tree setup and don’t use the CMS though.

I just rename tdlmake.exe to xtdlmake.exe if I’m not using 3Delight, it’s not needed if you use Reality/Luxrender. It throws errors at you on loading but other than that works fine (in 4.0 at least, haven’t tried 4.5 yet).

Don’t see why they can’t put a switch in to allow running tdlmake at render time, like it always used to. Was done to make render times look faster I guess.

Posted: 10 September 2012 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 757 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2011-04-14

Sorry if this was covered but it’s a long thread. I’m using DS4 Pro and if I switch to 4.5 I understand I will need to upgrade my pulg-ins. Does Dynamic CLoth have an update and does it work with DS4 Pro 4.5?

THanks

Posted: 10 September 2012 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 758 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6491
Joined  2005-08-15
bwise1701 - 10 September 2012 04:08 PM

Sorry if this was covered but it’s a long thread. I’m using DS4 Pro and if I switch to 4.5 I understand I will need to upgrade my pulg-ins. Does Dynamic CLoth have an update and does it work with DS4 Pro 4.5?

THanks

The normal Lite version of the plugin is included in the main installer.

Yes, you will get the latest version if you reset your download for the paid for plugin.

All of the DAZ owned plugins have been updated as far as I know.

Posted: 10 September 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 759 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2006-10-28
bwise1701 - 10 September 2012 04:08 PM

THanks

If you’re a Mac user, note that for the Paid Plugin, it indicates that there are known issues with OS 10.7, though I don’t know what those are. I checked with tech support, because I’m using 10.8.1, and I wondered if there were also issues with 10.8x. I was told that if there are issues with 10.7, those issues probably have not been resolved with 10.8 either.

Posted: 10 September 2012 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 760 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8535
Joined  2007-11-06
Spit - 10 September 2012 12:25 AM

Thanks for responding. I got them in a bundle I think. But not until the end of February and no Expressions (in a separate file anyway) so I don’t think I have the originals. I’ll install and uninstall anyway. Thanks.

Do you remember the last date all the Genesis stuff was updated? Or, maybe more simply, the last date I should reset stuff? And when did Genesis first appear? If I just reset between those dates I should be okay and could reset older files at my leisure since I’m not using CMS for stuff other than Genesis or DS4 specific.

Jay NOLA is maintaining a list of the current version numbers of Genesis products here:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3885/

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 11 September 2012 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 761 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1698
Joined  2008-05-31

Does anyone know if Photoshop Bridge will work with Photoshop CS6, or if it will be updated to do so, if not?

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 11 September 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 762 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4538
Joined  2004-08-11

I think you meant CS6…. I just figured out how to get it working.. it’s there but you have to make sure you have the bridge installed to the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Photoshop (I only installed it to the 64 bit and forgot to install it to the 32 bit version so need to do that since so many plugins only work in the 32 bit version of PSCS).  Then you will find your bridge under the File > Automate fly out menu.  In DAZ Studio to set up for the Extended you will need to make sure the scene has the PS Bridge Camera running (I guess).  You can set that up via the Edit > Customize menu.  Invoke the Customize menu.  Left pane, expand Bridges and you will see the Photoshop Bridge there.  Right pane, the 3rd tab “Tool Bars” and expand.  Expand the “Input Output” section.  From the left pane drag and drop the PS Bridge to where your other bridges are.  I have Hexagon, Bryce and ZBrush bridges showing.  Hit Apply at the bottom of the dialog and then Accept.  Your icon should be there on your Toolbar now….

Now actually using the Bridge I have no idea at this point.  I need a tutorial!  raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 11 September 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 763 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31

Thanks for the info. I assume you have both versions of CS6 installed on the same OS - they won’t allow you to install it on more than one machine, do they?

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 11 September 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 764 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4538
Joined  2004-08-11

Yes, I have both versions.  Now something interesting that I hope that DAZ will figure out a way around.  There is no way to use the PS Bridge with DS 64 bit.  Now in my eyes it’s a bridge so weather I’m using DAZ Studio 32 or 64 bit or PS 32 bit or 64 bit shouldn’t matter in how I think of things.  Say I’m using Photoshop 32 bit because I have more filters I can’t use the bridge in DAZ Studio to access it.  I have to have the 64 bit version of PS running in order to use the bridge.  This is really a bit of a show stopper for me in using filters.  :-(

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 11 September 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 765 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-31

To be honest I doubt that DAZ will do that, they’ll probably consider it a low priority issue. I also think it would be a better solution to have the filters updated to work with the 64 bit Photoshop, so you don’t need to use the 32 bit version which generally is inferior to the 64 bit version.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

51 of 65