Digital Art Zone

48 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 07 September 2012 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 706 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11533
Joined  2007-11-06
bigh - 07 September 2012 04:10 AM
Kyoto Kid - 07 September 2012 12:49 AM

...I actually uninstalled the CMS, (or at least thought I did).  A couple months later when I was in the Task Manager Processes tab, I noticed it was back.  Don’t know how unless it was reloaded when I installed some new content.  That bugger is worse than blackberry bushes to get rid of.

are you still waiting to put that puter together - whats it been 2 or 3 years ?

...about two.  Been a Johnny Cash “One Piece at a Time” affair with a couple missteps along the way and getting shorted hardware (most recently,  mounting screws and drive rails for the case that were case specific) by the vendor I bought it from.

Finally received the last missing pieces this week so have everything and will begin installing the OS, utilities and apps this weekend.  then it will be another several weeks setting up my runtimes before I’m actually ready to start working on scenes again.

Going to stay with 3.1.2.32 (64) for a while and learn PP2012, as well as really start diving into Blender and Marvelous Designer.  Really love to see Bryce be brought into the 64 bit world but that’s just wishful thinking.

...pity, it is such a nice scene generation system that would really benefit from being able to access more than 2G of RAM.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 707 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
gw3972 - 07 September 2012 08:23 AM
Kyoto Kid - 07 September 2012 12:49 AM

...I actually uninstalled the CMS, (or at least thought I did).  A couple months later when I was in the Task Manager Processes tab, I noticed it was back.  Don’t know how unless it was reloaded when I installed some new content.  That bugger is worse than blackberry bushes to get rid of.

If I may play Devil’s Advocate, since you didn’t notice it was back (and therefore there can’t have been any impact on your system), why keep on trying to remove it? It seems a pointless exercise to me!

...it’s taking 47 MB from my available memory, that’s 47 MB that can’t be used for rendering., and when you have only 2GB to work with, any savings in memory load is a help. Along with the current scene I have been trying to render, Studio has been taking up over 600 MB,  That leaves only about 1.3G overhead for rendering.

Signature 

Posted: 08 September 2012 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 708 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  234
Joined  2003-10-09

You only got 2Gb with your new computer?

Coldrake

Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

If I have to choose between speed and quality, I’ll take quality every time.
———————————————————

It’s not what tools you use,
It’s how you use your tools.

Posted: 08 September 2012 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 709 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6159
Joined  2006-02-20
Kyoto Kid - 07 September 2012 10:36 PM

Going to stay with 3.1.2.32 (64) for a while and learn PP2012, as well as really start diving into Blender and Marvelous Designer.  Really love to see Bryce be brought into the 64 bit world but that’s just wishful thinking.

...pity, it is such a nice scene generation system that would really benefit from being able to access more than 2G of RAM.

If your new system is 64bit and has more than 2GB RAM you can use the 3GB switch on Bryce - works beautifully for me!
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 08 September 2012 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 710 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Coldrake - 08 September 2012 12:39 AM

You only got 2Gb with your new computer?

Coldrake

...that has 12G, but until I get everything installed and my custom runtimes set up I’m still on the 32bit notebook.

Unfortunately I only have the weekend to work on it as my weekly schedule with the day job and commute takes about 13 hours of my waking day. Add preparing dinner and cleaning up afterwards into the equation and I have maybe about an hour and a half of free time left if I’m lucky before I have to turn in for the night.  At my age I need a good night’s sleep to deal with the next workday.

Considering I have to work with computers all day performing fairly “thankless” and mind numbing tasks (with the latest version of MS Office which sucks large boulders and a local intranet that often slows to a crawl when I need to depend on it the most)  I’m pretty burned out to the point blogging about on the forums is about all I can handle.

Signature 

Posted: 08 September 2012 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 711 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Kerya - 08 September 2012 12:59 AM
Kyoto Kid - 07 September 2012 10:36 PM

If your new system is 64bit and has more than 2GB RAM you can use the 3GB switch on Bryce - works beautifully for me!
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556

...is that possible with WIn7 Home Premium?  I know that with XP32 I need the Pro version to use that option.  My notebook has the Media Edition of XP32 which is basically the Home version with a few extra multimedia based features.

Signature 

Posted: 08 September 2012 01:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 712 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6159
Joined  2006-02-20

As long as your Win7 home premium is 64bit, it will work. smile
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556&page=4

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 08 September 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 713 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-09-17

I hesitate to upgrade because I have quite a few scenes saved in DS4 Pro, which I want to work on further.
If I upgrade it seems they will all be unusable. I have downloaded 4.5 but at the moment it is just sitting quietly in my computer and waiting…............

Signature 

CLICK HERE to access your FREE ebook “5 Steps 2 Stunning 3D Lighting In Any Software”.

Posted: 08 September 2012 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 714 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ve opened many DAZ Studio 4 Pro scenes in 4.5, even some from 3 and they all work fine.

Coldrake

Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

———————————————————

Posted: 08 September 2012 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 715 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...not for me.

Image Attachments
Tindra_mat_error.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 08 September 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 716 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Kyoto Kid - 08 September 2012 04:45 PM

...not for me.

Yeah, but unfortunately you seem to have more problems than any 10 people put together.

Coldrake

Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

———————————————————

Posted: 08 September 2012 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 717 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...which is why, for my purposes, moving “up” to 4.5 seems fairly moot.

Some have difficulty with getting Poser/Poser Pro to work right on their systems while the last couple releases of Daz Studio work fine. For me it seems to be the opposite.

Signature 

Posted: 08 September 2012 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 718 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4594
Joined  2004-08-11

Do you have the correct UV selected for your character?  That’s found under Surfaces…

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 08 September 2012 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 719 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-09-17

Coldrake said
I’ve opened many DAZ Studio 4 Pro scenes in 4.5, even some from 3 and they all work fine.”

Thanks for that encouragement - NOW I can give it a go
WooHoo!!

Signature 

CLICK HERE to access your FREE ebook “5 Steps 2 Stunning 3D Lighting In Any Software”.

Posted: 08 September 2012 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 720 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

The problem you’re having in this image, is that in DAZ Studio 4.5?

Coldrake

Image Attachments
Tindra_mat_error.jpg
 Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

———————————————————

48 of 65