Digital Art Zone

46 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 04 September 2012 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 676 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3548
Joined  2012-02-06
Dreamlight - 04 September 2012 02:16 PM

Hey, I’ve halted all plug in development for now, and I’m focusing on 3D training. LDP1 does work in DS4. I might do a DS4 version of LDP2, but it’s not planned as of now. I’ll check if it’s a simple re-compile or if everything is broken, as it was when moving from DS 2 to DS 3… lol

Bobvan - 04 September 2012 09:24 AM

DL where is lDP for Ds4??

Waldemar, I’ve used LDP1 in DS4 and can confirm that it works well. I use the included sky background images all the time, and the lights themselves occasionally (recently I’ve been on more of an UberEnvironment kick).

The product description says it’s for DS3 only, though: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/light-dome-pro so you may wish to request that they change it.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 05 September 2012 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 677 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11167
Joined  2007-11-06
jestmart - 04 September 2012 01:11 PM

To Kyoto Kid; Stephanie 4 is Victoria 4, she is a morph plus proportional scaling.  Since other people, including myself, have been able to use Gen 4 figures and their character mats without issue the problem is in your file.  If you still want to try to find out why it doesn’t work I have a two more questions.  (1) Did you use any odd alpha-numerical character in the names of the Mats or textures?  (2) Did you use Texture Atlas?

...I used the full Tindra Thompson MAT “as is”  there was no renaming involved. Same when I applied the non SSS version of the Steph4 MAT. 

As I only have the basic 32 bit version of 4.0.3.47 installed I do not have access to the Texture Atlas which is a feature of the Pro version.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 05 September 2012 12:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 678 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5850
Joined  2006-02-20
Dreamlight - 04 September 2012 02:16 PM

Hey, I’ve halted all plug in development for now, and I’m focusing on 3D training. LDP1 does work in DS4. I might do a DS4 version of LDP2, but it’s not planned as of now. I’ll check if it’s a simple re-compile or if everything is broken, as it was when moving from DS 2 to DS 3… lol

Bobvan - 04 September 2012 09:24 AM

DL where is lDP for Ds4??

That doesn’t sound too promising ... blank stare

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 05 September 2012 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 679 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...I sent an email directly to the DreamLight site about this yesterday.

Lets put it this way, one of the reasons I am reluctant to install Studio4 on the new system is that I don’t have my LDP2.  Say all you want about UE and IDL, I still like the look that LDP2 gives many of my scenes and how elegant it is to use compared to the original.

...and I love the Azure Skies add on.

Signature 

Posted: 05 September 2012 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 680 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
Kyoto Kid - 05 September 2012 12:40 AM

Lets put it this way, one of the reasons I am reluctant to install Studio4 on the new system is that I don’t have my LDP2.  Say all you want about UE and IDL, I still like the look that LDP2 gives many of my scenes and how elegant it is to use compared to the original.

If it isn’t updated that ends my support for this vendor ... as easy as that.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 05 September 2012 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 681 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...maybe we need to mount a campaign for an update to LDP2, similar to the successful one that got the Steph4 body shape for Genesis “unvaulted”.

Signature 

Posted: 05 September 2012 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 682 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
Kyoto Kid - 05 September 2012 01:12 AM

...maybe we need to mount a campaign for an update to LDP2, similar to the successful one that got the Steph4 body shape for Genesis “unvaulted”.

Campaigns may work for Daz3d - I am not sure they would work for Mr. Belwon.

Signature 

Posted: 05 September 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 683 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  423
Joined  2008-06-25

Thanks guys for more US2 confirmations; after an n-th download+reinstall session, UberSurface2 and UberSoft Lighting Kit work for me in DS4 at last, yay!! I hope they will be recompiled natively some day soon, but for now, even the automatic conversion will do. The new 3Delight is just sooo much awesome - especially when going the “render to RIB - render in standalone” route. It just FLIES on my Core2Duo.

I also love all the new little features like the smoothing & push modifiers etc, let alone Genesis itself that loads so fast in DS4.5 =)

And after I’ve invested a little time in customising the interface (City Limits + Darkside + extensive recolouring of said Darkside to make it more readable to my eyes + some moving panes around to match my DS3 layout = awesomeness), the only thing I’d want to see more customiseable is the Content pane. Like being able to put “Categories” on top, above “Products” and directories (or hide those two whatsoever) to save the time it takes to scroll past them.

Signature 

do your research before blaming 3Delight for shortcomings of your renders

dA gallery link in profile along with anything else you may need to know about me

my thread with freebies

Posted: 05 September 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 684 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
Kerya - 05 September 2012 01:06 AM
Kyoto Kid - 05 September 2012 12:40 AM

If it isn’t updated that ends my support for this vendor ... as easy as that.

Pretty much goes for me to.

Posted: 05 September 2012 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 685 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
fixmypcmike - 04 September 2012 04:10 PM

Valid points, but I would caution against trying to make this comparison without adjusting for other factors, in particular the size of the company.

A very good point. I developed safety critical software in a company with 100,000 employees and no-one claimed our software was fault free, simply that it had passed the best development and testing process we could practically implement within the state of the testing art.

Posted: 05 September 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 686 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

I guess this means I’ll have to reinstall DS3 and see if I can remember how to save the parts for LDP2 so I can use them in DS4 :(  I seen somebody post how they did it somewhere… I don’t know if I can remember how they did it. Maybe somebody has a link?

Posted: 05 September 2012 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 687 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1404
Joined  2009-09-11

I also removed 3 a few weeks back after no longer using it much. I still think its better then 4 but need it for face genning and Genesis. Since I Luxrender LDP3 is not much of a concern.  I was going to render the attached render in 3Dlight and cloud 9 lights. Somebody mentioned that 4.5 renders 75 % faster yeahh right. Anyhoo I dont think I would of gotten this result using 3Delight.. Maids

Warning very minor nudity

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 05 September 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 688 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-03-02
atryeu - 05 September 2012 11:37 AM

I guess this means I’ll have to reinstall DS3 and see if I can remember how to save the parts for LDP2 so I can use them in DS4 :(  I seen somebody post how they did it somewhere… I don’t know if I can remember how they did it. Maybe somebody has a link?

It was DavidGB who posted how to save the environment dome and then the materials. I can’t find the thread now.

He was saving the distant light but not the ambient lights, and parenting it to the dome so you could rotate it and the light would stay in the correct place, and then using UE2.

Edited to add:  Here it is:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3091/P30/#49712  about the middle of the third page.

Posted: 05 September 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 689 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2009-08-18

With this latest version of Daz Studio 4.5 I have read through this thread and find the remarks that the Itemized History Items files will no longer contain DS files and some others but those will be replaced with a new file format.. Sorry, I am very dumb about the files and background mysteies of what makes the program go,  but I want to understand this statement. I ask therefore:

If I choose to continue with DAZ 3 for a while, and need to reload in the immediate future an item I purchased at DAZ..before DAZ 4.5 .

does this mean the newly downloaded “reload” item will not load/run in the old DAZ 3 version?

Will Bryce 7 Pro be able to import the new version of the updated Item History download?  Recent DAZ4 sends to Bryce crash.

I won’t go into the all reasons why I continue to use DAZ3, unless you want to know. I understand this is a promotion for the new version.

Signature 

See my gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/?q=IceScribe&x=14&y=10

Posted: 05 September 2012 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 690 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16
fivecat - 05 September 2012 02:18 PM
atryeu - 05 September 2012 11:37 AM

It was DavidGB who posted how to save the environment dome and then the materials. I can’t find the thread now.

He was saving the distant light but not the ambient lights, and parenting it to the dome so you could rotate it and the light would stay in the correct place, and then using UE2.

Edited to add:  Here it is:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3091/P30/#49712  about the middle of the third page.

Thank you! I knew I seen it somewhere but didn’t recall where. I’m printing it as I type so I can have a hard copy and hopefully get around to it someday soon smile I miss LDP2 :(

46 of 65