Digital Art Zone

42 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 01 September 2012 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 616 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2011-09-12

So I won’t have to browse over 41 pages of Q&A, can someone tell me if 4.5 and future versions will be able to open my DAZ Scene files?

That’s how I’ve saved every scene my V4 is in. If 4.5 and beyond will not be backward compatible with everything I’ve done the past 9 months, then forget it. I won’t be upgrading. I’ve worked waaaay too hard to have everything become unreadable in future DS releases.

Posted: 01 September 2012 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 617 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1868
Joined  2005-12-31

MarkR151, not being backward compatible means you can’t use the 4.5 files in 4.0. Your old files should be usable in the new version.

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 618 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12085
Joined  2007-11-06
Bobvan - 01 September 2012 04:47 PM
Kyoto Kid - 01 September 2012 02:57 PM

If I want photo real rendering, I’ll just fire up Reality/Lux, but when I want a more warmer “personalised” feel for my scenes, LDP is the light set of choice.

Reality / Lux are your friends.  AS a former LDP2 fan as you well know Kyoto I am now fully used to using the luxrender. At times it can give you faster results this one looked ready in 6 minutes but I let it run longer to refine…http://fav.me/d5d96ex

...yes, but Lux renders are photographic and rather sterile.  There are many times I like a more “painterly” look (as I used to work with oils) which I can achieve with LDP The other thing is, I don’t have to spend a lot of time tweaking shaders to get them to come out right with LDP.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 02 September 2012 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 619 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6916
Joined  2005-08-15
Joequick - 01 September 2012 07:54 PM

That is just beyond asinine.  I just “bought” Pro 4.5 again today and I had to reset my downloads in order to get the installer to be for 4.5 and not 4.0.3.

I got the 4.0.3.47 version AND the 4.5.0.114 when I bought it, complete with all the plugins.  The idea is that people can archive the 4.0 version, or go back to it if 4.5 is not suitable.  You have the 4.5 plugins listed, and I’m quite sure the 4.5 installers were on another page.

Posted: 02 September 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 620 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  215
Joined  2006-09-05
Bobvan - 01 September 2012 05:21 PM

As far as I know it does animation

But you need a “Render Farm” for it.

Signature 

http://mcmxc2.deviantart.com

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 621 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  80
Joined  2006-07-27

I don’t know if I would ask this here but I am having a problem with Daz 4.5 keeping morphs and characters when opening a scene that I had saved to work on later. It happens even when I apply the morphs again and save again.  I work with an iMac and never had these problems before. Is there some trick to getting it to save the scenes with the morphs in tact when opened again? Another thing, even though I save a scene previously it still asks what to name when resaving it, making it rather inconvenient. Hoping someone can help me with these problems. Losing morphs is especially aggravating when working with dynamic clothing having to redrape all over again once you put your morphs back to the original ones.confused

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_10.png

Posted: 02 September 2012 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 622 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12085
Joined  2007-11-06

.....hmm, the version of StudioPro I have archived is the 4.0 one.  Maybe I’ll install that first.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 02 September 2012 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 623 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2011-04-12
dollmommy - 02 September 2012 12:59 PM

Another thing, even though I save a scene previously it still asks what to name when resaving it, making it rather inconvenient.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/17/P30/#81595

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 02 September 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 624 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2006-08-22

I’m with Daz since Daz Studio 2, and I love it. But I’m sad to said that I give up DS 4.5. Since I installed the “stable” version I can’t make one single render without a crash in the middle of posing or rendring or even starting the program. Until we have a really stable program I really can´t work with it. I try to reinstall a lot of times, but always the same. Please Daz, give us a program that we really can work.

Posted: 02 September 2012 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 625 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1803
Joined  2012-04-14

Yes DS 4.5 crashes every single time I attempt to render or spot render. I did not have this problem with DS4. Someone said the error messages I was receiving had something to do with DS4.5 running out of memory - well I’ve got more than the minimum specs so I don’t see why it should be running out of memory. Maybe Daz should update the minimum specs. I have been able to render in reality but that takes forever and a day. I should not have to use an external plugin to render.

Posted: 02 September 2012 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 626 ]
Joined  2006-08-22

In my case, I have 24GB of RAM memory, so hard to say is running out of memory.  And the crashes happens not only in rendering, but sometimes during the posing or even when starting the program.

Posted: 02 September 2012 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 627 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15170
Joined  2003-10-09

Are those of you with crashes using the 32 or 64 bit versions?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 02 September 2012 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 628 ]
Joined  2006-08-22

64 bit, windows 7 - Processor i7 - 24GB Ram - Video NVIDiA GForce GTX 580

Posted: 02 September 2012 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 629 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2012-07-13

I too have crashes when rendering! Using Windows 7 64 8GB ram 9800 GTX card. It only runs thru without crash when I set it to 1080 X 720 or lower? I get an error window saying my memory is to low?          But!! My complaint is bigger than that!

Does anyone know if there will be an update to allows us to use add on content from .daz files to the new .duf files for 4.5? If not,,,, Iam with MarkR151, in that I dont understand why we cant use our bought and paid for content as we have? If not, I will most likely leave Daz and I dont want to!!! I love the easy learning curve that comes with Daz, BUT! OMG!!! seriously?? If I cant at least use most of my downloads like clothes, textures, ect, ect, as well as characters Ive bought from vendors that all use .daz files, Iam done!!! I understand the really older stuff not going forward but most of what I have is V4 V5 and Genesis based and Ive spent alot of time, and Money! to only get this far? I see that Opti-Tex has upgrades for thier dynamic clothes and pray it works but another 50.00 to make it work with what I already have paid for is not setting with me very well!! As of now I cant use any of my clothes for V4,V5 and Genesis only a few because they are all .daz files.

So when I try they are not complete. Like theres holes in them or like the clothes are under the skin.
Iam trying not to wine here guys, But its mind blowing that Daz is making me buy all new .duf file add ons and content (and theres not but a few!!) in order to enjoy a much better experience in a really good product! Ive looked 3 days and nights for this answer and cant find any.
It seems if Daz was planning to update the V4 and V5 content it would have have stated by them somewhere at some time?? Very frustrated!! Customer support is a joke as well as Iam still waiting for a response to a simple question I had well over a month ago??
Sorry just dont get it!!

Posted: 02 September 2012 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 630 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1868
Joined  2005-12-31

I see that Opti-Tex has upgrades for thier dynamic clothes and pray it works but another 50.00 to make it work with what I already have paid for is not setting with me very well!!

Um..no. If your talking about the additional clothing control that has always been available. If you already own it then just reset downloads. And, if you do have it and did not reset for the correct version and use it then your dynamics don’t work properly.

I’m not sure who told you that .daz files won’t work in 4.5 because they should. Nor are you expected to re-buy any product you already have so who ever told you that needs a stern talking to for fibbing. All you have to do is reset and reinstall the updated products for genesis.

42 of 65