Digital Art Zone

41 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 31 August 2012 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 601 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
DaremoK3 - 27 August 2012 09:39 PM

O.k., found a hiccup…

The bridge to Hexagon 2.5.1.79 is not working via DSPro 4.5 “to” Hexagon, but is working via Hexagon to DSPro 4.5 first.

Works for me, opens up Hex just fine.

Posted: 31 August 2012 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 602 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  380
Joined  2004-03-03
hieronymous - 31 August 2012 12:27 AM

i USED to rely on mr dreamboat’s LDP2 (still in the store, being flogged at $25, even though it doesn’t work in anything after DS3). perhaps that will be updated now? kidding, i’m sure it won’t.

You may have no interest in doing this (and we certainly shouldn’t have to), but after giving up on waiting for a DS4 update for LDP2, and also thinking that in these days of IBL, IDL and GI lighting having LDP2 using hundreds of conventional lights for the skylight and ambient light probably wasn’t still the best way of doing things, I started up DS3 for the first time in a while and did the following:

Loaded an LDP2 set, then exported the skydome as an obj, reimported then saved out as a prop. Then, back with the LDP2, one at a time switched to every LDP2 sky (inlcluding the two expansions) and saved for each (i) a material preset off the skydome, and (ii) a light preset off just the sunlight, saving eavch pair of material and sunlight preset with matching names and thumbnails.

Took awhile, and rather tedious, but was a once-only job I don’t need to do again.

Now, in DS4, I forget about the on-functioning LDP2 plugin, and use the LDP2 skies by loading the skydome prop I saved out above, and then applying the material preset and matching sunlight preset for the sky I want (parenting the light to the skydome in case I want to rotate it), and add an uberenvironment2 GI light that provides the sky and ambient light to the scene. Actually works better using UE2 for IDL/GI than all those sky and ambient lights in the original LDP2, IMO. And it means my LDP2 skies are now completely independent of plugin updates in DS4/4.5 adn the future. And it’s actually very quick to use - quicker than explaining it.

Again, I think it is very shoddy that after over a year since the release of DS4, Dreamlight hasn’t provided a DS4 update for LDP2, let alone a DS4.5 one, and we shouldn’t have to spend most of an evening converting the LDP2 resources into one we can use. But this method, for the price of a one-off dull bit of work, does allow the continued use of the basic LDP2 resources (the actual skies with correctly positioned sunlight), and having labored through the process I actually prefer having just the dome and matched sunlight for use with IBL/IDL/GI lighting than the original LDP2, and will be carrying on working that way even if a DS4.5 LDP2 does come out.

Posted: 31 August 2012 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 603 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2005-02-26

So… exploding Genesises (Genesese?) on reloading a .duf* file - what do I do about this?  It happens whether it’s an unmodified former .daz scene or if I loaded a new Genesis, applied a .duf character preset and then saved.  And yep, I installed the Genesis Starter Essentials and loaded a new Genesis.duf, applied my preset.duf and saved, all of which netted me Exploded Genesis.

It’s a wee bit hard to work on files when you can’t reload them without your character looking like an extra from a Z-rated horror.

*Side note, where I live, if something’s “duff” it’s either not very good or broken…

Signature 

Pax Asteriae - freebie textures
Writing blog (and other random stuff)

Posted: 01 September 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 604 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  216
Joined  2006-09-05

I have a terrible problem with Morph Loader Pro http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6842/

Happens only to me?:(

Signature 

http://mcmxc2.deviantart.com

Posted: 01 September 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 605 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1663
Joined  2003-10-09
LilShippo - 30 August 2012 05:29 PM

The interface is still very Bulky and Messy looking as it still takes up much of my viewing Scene Space, even the Content area feels bulky

If by “bulky” you mean “taking up a lot of space”, you could try using the Darkside style to shrink the size of some of the controls and fit more on your screen, that may help.

From the menu bar, select Window > Style > Select Style > Darkside.

hieronymous - 30 August 2012 05:29 PM

when are you people going to learn to separate out program and data?

I believe some of the Genesis content already is separated out, into the separate installer 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe .

Posted: 01 September 2012 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 606 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12188
Joined  2007-11-06
DavidGB - 31 August 2012 08:25 AM

i USED to rely on mr dreamboat’s LDP2 (still in the store, being flogged at $25, even though it doesn’t work in anything after DS3). perhaps that will be updated now? kidding, i’m sure it won’t.

You may have no interest in doing this (and we certainly shouldn’t have to), but after giving up on waiting for a DS4 update for LDP2, and also thinking that in these days of IBL, IDL and GI lighting having LDP2 using hundreds of conventional lights for the skylight and ambient light probably wasn’t still the best way of doing things, I started up DS3 for the first time in a while and did the following:

Loaded an LDP2 set, then exported the skydome as an obj, reimported then saved out as a prop. Then, back with the LDP2, one at a time switched to every LDP2 sky (inlcluding the two expansions) and saved for each (i) a material preset off the skydome, and (ii) a light preset off just the sunlight, saving eavch pair of material and sunlight preset with matching names and thumbnails.

Took awhile, and rather tedious, but was a once-only job I don’t need to do again.

Now, in DS4, I forget about the on-functioning LDP2 plugin, and use the LDP2 skies by loading the skydome prop I saved out above, and then applying the material preset and matching sunlight preset for the sky I want (parenting the light to the skydome in case I want to rotate it), and add an uberenvironment2 GI light that provides the sky and ambient light to the scene. Actually works better using UE2 for IDL/GI than all those sky and ambient lights in the original LDP2, IMO. And it means my LDP2 skies are now completely independent of plugin updates in DS4/4.5 adn the future. And it’s actually very quick to use - quicker than explaining it.

Again, I think it is very shoddy that after over a year since the release of DS4, Dreamlight hasn’t provided a DS4 update for LDP2, let alone a DS4.5 one, and we shouldn’t have to spend most of an evening converting the LDP2 resources into one we can use. But this method, for the price of a one-off dull bit of work, does allow the continued use of the basic LDP2 resources (the actual skies with correctly positioned sunlight), and having labored through the process I actually prefer having just the dome and matched sunlight for use with IBL/IDL/GI lighting than the original LDP2, and will be carrying on working that way even if a DS4.5 LDP2 does come out.

...I hear you on this.

I still like using LDP2 over the built in UberEnvrionment lights in 3A as I prefer the look it gives to many of my scenes.  I keep getting all these emails from DreamLight about all this fantastic stuff they are offering, yet their flagship lighting system has been left to “rot on the vine” so to say.  The beauty of LDP2 is that it is so simple and easy to use and, since it mimics rather than employs IDL, it is a lot more “render friendly” when it comes to dealing with transmaps.  It also works better for rendering in multiple passes as you can render each light source separately.  The fact that it rotates with the skydome has always been a nice feature.

If I want photo real rendering, I’ll just fire up Reality/Lux, but when I want a more warmer “personalised” feel for my scenes, LDP is the light set of choice.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 01 September 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 607 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...one question.  The version of 4.5 Pro that is downloaded from the 4.5 promo page is 64 bit, correct?

Finally have a somewhat stable and reasonably fast connection (at a hotpot) so actually able to get a DL to complete in less than a day.

...yeah 675MB is big, really big.

Signature 

Posted: 01 September 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 608 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-03-02

kyoto, if you purchase the free 4.5 Pro you get both the 32 and 64 bit in your downloads.

Posted: 01 September 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 609 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...thanks.

...already have the original free 4Pro 64 in the archive waiting for the 64 bit build to be finished, which will occur sooner than “Daz Soon”

...although it will take another couple weeks to get runtimes all set up as i am doing a full clean install and custom set up.  I hope that 4.5 will be able to “find” them as it, along with other applications will be on the boot HD (C) and the runtimes on the auxiliary HD (D).

...amazingly only have about nine minutes left (instead of a day & a half) to go on the download.

Signature 

Posted: 01 September 2012 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 610 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-03-02
Kyoto Kid - 01 September 2012 02:57 PM

...I hear you on this.

I still like using LDP2 over the built in UberEnvrionment lights in 3A as I prefer the look it gives to many of my scenes.  I keep getting all these emails from DreamLight about all this fantastic stuff they are offering, yet their flagship lighting system has been left to “rot on the vine” so to say.  The beauty of LDP2 is that it is so simple and easy to use and, since it mimics rather than employs IDL, it is a lot more “render friendly” when it comes to dealing with transmaps.  It also works better for rendering in multiple passes as you can render each light source separately.  The fact that it rotates with the skydome has always been a nice feature.

If I want photo real rendering, I’ll just fire up Reality/Lux, but when I want a more warmer “personalised” feel for my scenes, LDP is the light set of choice.

I am missing Movie Maker along with LDP2.  If he can’t be bothered to update plug-ins I won’t be making any further purchases.  I also don’t like that the products are still in the store when you can no longer download DS3 and they don’t work with DS4.5. I would be willing to pay some small upgrade fee if it was offered.

Posted: 01 September 2012 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 611 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...another one I like is MoodMaster.  Again an older tool, but one that is still very useful for creating some very stunning effects.  This is why I am going to install S3A 3.1.2.32 on the 64 bit system when it is finished as I just can’t do without them.

Other plugins I use include the Poseworks ones (pwCatch,pwGhost, pwSurface), which alas, I think have been orphaned by their creator after they were updated for Studio3.

Signature 

Posted: 01 September 2012 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 612 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1424
Joined  2009-09-11
Kyoto Kid - 01 September 2012 02:57 PM
DavidGB - 31 August 2012 08:25 AM

...I hear you on this.

Reality / Lux are your friends.  AS a former LDP2 fan as you well know Kyoto I am now fully used to using the luxrender. At times it can give you faster results this one looked ready in 6 minutes but I let it run longer to refine…http://fav.me/d5d96ex

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 01 September 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 613 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-03-02
Bobvan - 01 September 2012 04:47 PM

Reality / Lux are your friends.  AS a former LDP2 fan as you well know Kyoto I am now fully used to using the luxrender. At times it can give you faster results this one looked ready in 6 minutes but I let it run longer to refine…http://fav.me/d5d96ex

Luxrender isn’t an option if you render animations.

Posted: 01 September 2012 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 614 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1424
Joined  2009-09-11

As far as I know it does animation

Image Attachments
Untitled.png
 Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 01 September 2012 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 615 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2006-06-12

That is just beyond asinine.  I just “bought” Pro 4.5 again today and I had to reset my downloads in order to get the installer to be for 4.5 and not 4.0.3.

Image Attachments
whatever.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

41 of 65