Digital Art Zone

37 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 26 August 2012 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 541 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4408
Joined  2004-08-11

Subscribed but no longer getting notices…. again!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 26 August 2012 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 542 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2003-10-09

They’re hit and miss for me and sometimes come after I’ve already read the posts

Signature 

Old Posts: 2913
The person who makes no mistakes usually doesn’t make anything—-Edward J. Phelps

Posted: 26 August 2012 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 543 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2006-10-28
DWG - 26 August 2012 05:25 PM

The other thing Dynamic Clothing Control adds is the facility to position a wind-source, which has obvious possibilities with the capes and other floaty items.

OK and thanks for the tip. I did buy the Batman/Superman/Girl/Woman capes, cowl, hoods, etc. I think I’m getting the hang of Dynamic Clothing in DAZ because I have tried it before in Poser. Maybe I WILL go ahead and buy the paid control, as it would be neat to morph the capes as though they’re flapping in the breeze.

Posted: 27 August 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 544 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1716
Joined  2012-04-14

And now since this upgrade can’t render anything without Daz crashing halfway through. Not much point having a 3d rendering software that doesn’t render.

Posted: 27 August 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 545 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  969
Joined  2012-02-04
RAMWolff - 26 August 2012 08:17 PM

Subscribed but no longer getting notices…. again!

When you get a notice for a thread, you have to read that thread again before you’ll get another notice.  But you also have to be logged in when you read it, or it doesn’t recognize that you’ve read it.  And since DAZ thinks we should be logged out after .009535 seconds of logging in, there’s a good chance some of the threads you’ve checked via the notification E-mail, but had been logged out so didn’t get recorded as having checked it.

Now, before opening any of the notification E-mails from DAZ, I first manually go to daz3d.com and log in.  DAZ’s insistence on logging people out in the time it takes to blink is one of the most user hostile features of their website…

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage

Posted: 27 August 2012 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 546 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

I’m always logged in in the forums but I have to constantly log on at the store side of things.  I understand what your saying but that’s not an issue for me here in the forums.  If I submit a small post like the one above I start getting the notifications again.  Plus DAZ’s auto system for unsubscribing folks from threads is really presumptuous.  Shouldn’t matter one lick, the person subscribed should be the only one that unsubscribes themselves from a thread period!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 27 August 2012 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 547 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1716
Joined  2012-04-14

Do we actually get unsubbed? I’ve been in before to check the subscription under control panel and all of my subs were listed but I was not getting messages.

Posted: 27 August 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 548 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Yea, they are there but the notifications themselves stop for some of us (I’m no the only one with this issue) for unknown reasons!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 27 August 2012 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 549 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7479
Joined  2006-03-19

Happens to me too. If I don’t post to a thread in a week or so I won’t get notifications. Other times I loose active ones. No rhyme or reason.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 27 August 2012 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 550 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Yea, gotta be a setting that they need to change and they should change it to “subscriber only” for unsubscribing or no longer wishing to receive notifications… ANNOYING!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 27 August 2012 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 551 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-12-08
GigaBeat - 17 August 2012 02:40 AM

Whoohoo! Found my first bug in the new DS4.5. cool grin
In the Render Settings pane when selecting Dimensions / Preset to Active Viewport it will automatically tick Constrain Proportions (which it never did in DS4.0) therefore when you restart DS4.5 the Dimensions / Preset has become Customs instead of staying as Active Viewport which in effect maintains a boxed window. This is really annoying. angry

Someone please look into this issue.  I’m encountering the same behavior in 4.5.  In Render Settings, when I select “Active Viewport” from the preset pull-down, the “Constrain Proportions” checkbox is automatically checked.  If I manually uncheck said box, the preset pull-down changes to “Custom”.
The problem is:  I do *NOT* want DAZ Studio defaulting to a viewport preset other than “Active Viewport” when I start the application.  This is very, very annoying.  If anyone has figured out a way to fix this, please reply.

Posted: 27 August 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 552 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  344
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, the render setting is annoying…

I came here to log-in and report this as well, and see if anyone else was having this issue, or reported it as a bug.

Seems to me from others encountering this behavior that it is probably a bug.

I tried to rectify the situation by saving both a custom workspace, and a custom style with the viewport render settings set to active to no avail.  Each time I start up DSPro 4.5 it reverts back to that “custom” setting that I do not want.  Very annoying indeed…

On another note;  The fresh install of DSPro 4.5 seems to have gone smoothly without any hiccups, and the new SN issued to me has all the plugins available from the looks of it.  Still more testing to do, but is going well so far.

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 27 August 2012 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 553 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2007-03-10

Here is a render using the Release Version of DS 4.5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slvtmbnTK2U

Posted: 27 August 2012 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 554 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2006-10-28
pete.c44 - 27 August 2012 06:12 PM

Here is a render using the Release Version of DS 4.5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slvtmbnTK2U

Impressive!

Posted: 27 August 2012 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 555 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  344
Joined  2003-10-09

O.k., found a hiccup…

The bridge to Hexagon 2.5.1.79 is not working via DSPro 4.5 “to” Hexagon, but is working via Hexagon to DSPro 4.5 first.

If I try to send something to be worked on from DS it refuses to open Hexagon, and throws an error message stating a version of Hexagon 2.5.1.52 or higher is required (I have 2.5.1.79 installed).

However, if I open up Hex first, and send something to DSPro 4.5 Hex opens DS, and then I can send items from DS back to Hex to perform work such as morphs, 3D painting, etc.  Sending the items back to DS creates morph targets correctly.

The issue definitely seems to be with DSPro 4.5 activating the Hexagon bridge.

Anyone else experience this?

*On a positive note;  I am happy to report that the FaceGen Modeler/Exporter is working correctly in DSPro 4.5.

pete.c44:

I concur with inquire.  Very impressive work.  Any plans to go beyond 3 seconds?

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

37 of 65