Digital Art Zone

35 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 25 August 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 511 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2007-01-08
Zev0 - 25 August 2012 07:02 AM

I dont have Dynamic clothing control plugin.

In that case, go in the DS4/plugins subfolder and remove .basic from dzoptitexclothbasic.dll.basic

Posted: 25 August 2012 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 512 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3415
Joined  2009-08-05
ReDave - 25 August 2012 11:08 AM

In that case, go in the DS4/plugins subfolder and remove .basic from dzoptitexclothbasic.dll.basic

That worked. Thanks a mil. It loads now. But why does it turn my background white lol?

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 25 August 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 513 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11
Zev0 - 25 August 2012 10:57 AM

Not listed under tabs or installed plugins.

See, I’m with you…. I didn’t have any basic version installed NOR listed unless the dll is named something odd.  Nor was I able to find the basic dynamic controller under the tabs area where I expected to find it.  When I got the pro version installed THAT shows up.  Something is amiss.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 25 August 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 514 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11
Zev0 - 25 August 2012 11:18 AM
ReDave - 25 August 2012 11:08 AM

That worked. Thanks a mil. It loads now. But why does it turn my background white lol?

Ah… good…. yea, some of the old dll’s are left behind for some reason, I’ll look at that when I get home from work! 

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 25 August 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 515 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1786
Joined  2005-12-31

But why does it turn my background

I think that has to do with how some of the dynamic clothing gets saved on creation.

Posted: 25 August 2012 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 516 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2003-10-09

Am I the only one who received an email from DAZ regarding a new serial number for DSPro 4.5?

I received it a couple of days ago, but am surprised there is nothing about this on the release page information post (page one, first post of this thread), or any mention of it in the forums by anyone including DAZ officials.

To paraphrase the email notice;  There is a problem with my DS4Pro SN to be used for DSPro 4.5, and it will not activate the “pro” features/plugins.  I need to log-in to my account and retrieve a new DSPro 4.5 serial number.

Now, there is a DSPro 4.5 serial number in my account alongside my DS4Pro SN, but I have no idea when it was actually added since I already have my DS4Pro SN archived on my system, and did not bother to check for a different number, because this very thread advises me to use my DS4Pro SN.

Yet, it still states on the first post of this thread for everyone to use their DS4Pro SN’s for this updated software.

Again, I ask you all, am I the only one who has received this email?

DAZ, and, or MODS, can somebody please enlighten me on this?

I made a decision to install DSPro 4.5 on this “fresh” system instead of reinstalling DS4Pro, but before I do I would like to know what is up with this situation.

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 25 August 2012 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 517 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3415
Joined  2009-08-05

Cool. Anyway What I am doing is converting all the dynamic clothing to actual Genesis clothing. I drape it on the base shape for a little then cancel, just enough to get some folds. Then I export as OBJ it and import then rig and transfer and save as figure. Now I got dynamic type looking cloth that fits on exteme shapes:) Its damn impossible getting dynamics to drape to extreme shapes, so That is why I started doing this method. Now they fit on any shape I dial:) This just gave me an idea. I am gonna export Genesis in poser, drape and convert all poser dynamic clothing as well. Bwahahahaha.

Image Attachments
DAZStudio_2012-08-25_20-01-29-83.jpgDAZStudio_2012-08-25_20-01-42-59.jpgDAZStudio_2012-08-25_20-00-57-77.jpgDAZStudio_2012-08-25_20-01-14-11.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 25 August 2012 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 518 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Now that’s a reason to use Dynamics!  lmao!  Looks GREAT!  You have inspired me to check this out more!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 25 August 2012 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 519 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1773
Joined  2010-10-10
DaremoK3 - 25 August 2012 12:02 PM

Am I the only one who received an email from DAZ regarding a new serial number for DSPro 4.5?

I received it a couple of days ago, but am surprised there is nothing about this on the release page information post (page one, first post of this thread), or any mention of it in the forums by anyone including DAZ officials.

To paraphrase the email notice;  There is a problem with my DS4Pro SN to be used for DSPro 4.5, and it will not activate the “pro” features/plugins.  I need to log-in to my account and retrieve a new DSPro 4.5 serial number.

Now, there is a DSPro 4.5 serial number in my account alongside my DS4Pro SN, but I have no idea when it was actually added since I already have my DS4Pro SN archived on my system, and did not bother to check for a different number, because this very thread advises me to use my DS4Pro SN.

Yet, it still states on the first post of this thread for everyone to use their DS4Pro SN’s for this updated software.

Again, I ask you all, am I the only one who has received this email?

DAZ, and, or MODS, can somebody please enlighten me on this?

I made a decision to install DSPro 4.5 on this “fresh” system instead of reinstalling DS4Pro, but before I do I would like to know what is up with this situation.

I got that e-mail too, but as I haven’t yet installed DS4.5 I didn’t do anything about it.

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 25 August 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 520 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you Wendy.

Glad to see at least one other person received it, but am still surprised by lack of any acknowledgement of it, or it’s importance in the first post of this thread.

Hopefully DAZ will shed some light…

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 25 August 2012 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 521 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1786
Joined  2005-12-31

I would guess that the reason that you have not seen anything about it is because the email only had to be sent to a few people. I know I did not get one and have not heard of anyone else I know getting one.

Posted: 25 August 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 522 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15947
Joined  2003-10-09

I am not quite certain which thread it was in but Daz_BFurner did explain this in one thread.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 25 August 2012 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 523 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7681
Joined  2006-03-19
DaremoK3 - 25 August 2012 12:31 PM

Thank you Wendy.

Glad to see at least one other person received it, but am still surprised by lack of any acknowledgement of it, or it’s importance in the first post of this thread.

Hopefully DAZ will shed some light…

I just looked in my account and didn’t have a 4.5 SN. I haven’t installed it yet (waiting till I’m finished making my PA Sale item) so I wouldn’t know. Did you buy it through the store or did you reset your 4.0?

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 25 August 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 524 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you chohole.

Found it:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6140/  (post #5)

Hidden in a thread about DS4 Standard vs. DS4 Pro, and I have not used standard since the free release of DS4Pro.  Also, they both have different SN’s, so am baffled why the Pro SN I was issued would be a problem for 4.5.

Guess DAZ_bfurner should update this thread since he is stating it is universal, and will be updating all the 4.5 SN’s.

I will install 4.5 and use the new SN then.  Thanks again…

Khory:

From looks of it, everyone is affected, but only some reported it as an issue.  I suspect your check is in the mail as well.

Signature 

Ken

Posted: 25 August 2012 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 525 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Hey Frank0314,

I didn’t feel like wasting a reset, so I just re-purchased 4.5 Pro.

Maybe this is the variable between those on the radar to get a new issued SN, or not.

Signature 

Ken

35 of 65