Digital Art Zone

4 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 16 August 2012 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2012-07-15

ok before I pull the trigger is this going to kill my categories?

Posted: 16 August 2012 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2007-12-04

Is there a way to save a spot render out at a particular resolution?  (Desperately looking forward to this feature!)

Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 16 August 2012 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  621
Joined  2004-12-14

What is the status of the documentation?

DS4 isn’t going into my workflow until I have some proper documentation.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 16 August 2012 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
jsharpe177 - 16 August 2012 09:08 PM

ok before I pull the trigger is this going to kill my categories?

As long as your CMS database is not deleted your good. All my settings came across.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 16 August 2012 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1227
Joined  2003-10-19

Updated mine. Everything went nice and smooth, all my settings carried over appropriately. A really nice update. And Ill tell you what… I appreciate the heck out of an easy upgrade LOL where so many other software packages makes it much like running thru an obstacle course.

Signature 

—- Don’t knock on death’s door… ring the doorbell and run (he HATES that)

| My Store on DAZ | D4IVI4G3 Iµ© | Facebook |

Need help with something of mine? Shoot me an email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3528
Joined  2012-02-06

Glad to see an official release! I’ve been using DS 4.5 RC2 and (while it’s not flawless), compared to 4.0 I consider it a huge improvement. Looking forward to testing out the latest version. I am wondering about that Area Light issue that Jepe mentioned, though…

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2008-04-12

Good to see 4.5 finally officially available.  Many thanks. My poor old brain was a bit dumbfounded at all the things that were for download. It would be nice if we could have the opt out of Mac files button back again, or have I missed it?

grin

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2003-10-09

PROBLEM with Genesis loading in 4.5 NO .dsf

When I start DS Pro 4.5 I get an error message that the “Genesis.dsf” file
in the People/Genesis folder doesn’t exist. I’ve re-downloaded and reinstalled twice.
I even searched my HD to find the file. I can’t even open DAZ Studio cuz it hangs at
this point.

I’ve had no problem with previous versions.

Help would be appreciated. grin

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1227
Joined  2003-10-19
Strixowl - 16 August 2012 10:32 PM

PROBLEM with Genesis loading in 4.5 NO .dsf

When I start DS Pro 4.5 I get an error message that the “Genesis.dsf” file
in the People/Genesis folder doesn’t exist. I’ve re-downloaded and reinstalled twice.
I even searched my HD to find the file. I can’t even open DAZ Studio cuz it hangs at
this point.

I’ve had no problem with previous versions.

Help would be appreciated. grin

Did u reinstall the content exe?? That is also in your acct, and will change the genesis file from dsf to duf

Signature 

—- Don’t knock on death’s door… ring the doorbell and run (he HATES that)

| My Store on DAZ | D4IVI4G3 Iµ© | Facebook |

Need help with something of mine? Shoot me an email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
IgnisSerpentus - 16 August 2012 09:52 PM

Updated mine. Everything went nice and smooth, all my settings carried over appropriately. A really nice update. And Ill tell you what… I appreciate the heck out of an easy upgrade LOL where so many other software packages makes it much like running thru an obstacle course.

You are so right. This is without a doubt the smoothest update for a major version change I have had in quite awhile. Not one hitch I can find. I’m off to test V4 shoes on a Genie V4 shape and see whats what with that one part. I’ll get genie stuff now if I need too. Who cares anymore…

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 16 August 2012 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01
Jaderail - 16 August 2012 10:48 PM
IgnisSerpentus - 16 August 2012 09:52 PM

You are so right. This is without a doubt the smoothest update for a major version change I have had in quite awhile. Not one hitch I can find. I’m off to test V4 shoes on a Genie V4 shape and see whats what with that one part. I’ll get genie stuff now if I need too. Who cares anymore…

Oh!oh!oh!!! You’re *just* in time for the Genesis sale, too!!

Don’t pass up on the YDress or Enchanted or the Supersuit…they’re all awesome!

Also definitely recommend the Morph Bundle and V5 and M5. They’re are on sale now too!  smile

(I know how you just need more stuff to install…*wink*)

Posted: 16 August 2012 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2009-06-11
rbtwhiz - 16 August 2012 07:26 PM
Murgatroyd - 16 August 2012 06:50 PM

Are the Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3 any different from the default content that came with RC3?  Do I need to download that file, or would it just be a waste of time and bandwidth?

Yes, they have been updated. Genesis Starter Essentials ReadMe

-Rob

So we still have to download & install the whole content bundle just to get the latest Genesis? So much for making the content a separate file! Looks like they would have had enough sense to put the required files into the main installer as Genesis itself is an integral part of studio 4.x!! cool mad

Posted: 16 August 2012 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2011-03-18

How exciting! I’m downloading now but have a few questions - does the Animate 2 plugin work with this version? I haven’t seen anything mentioned about that - has GenX been confirmed as to whether it will be updated?

I think I read that the current version of Daz 4.0 should not be run on the same machine with Daz 4.5 - what about Daz 3?  I have both Daz 4.0 and 3 on my machine, do I need to remove 3 before installing 4.5?

Does mimic (not the live, but the older version) - still work in Daz 4.5 at all?  What about Puppeteer?  I’m very eager to try this new version, I’ve heard great things about the Autofit tool and the speed - just want to make sure I understand what I need to do, and what to expect.  Thanks!  -Cathy

Posted: 16 August 2012 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
JasmineSkunk - 16 August 2012 11:07 PM

Oh!oh!oh!!! You’re *just* in time for the Genesis sale, too!!

Don’t pass up on the YDress or Enchanted or the Supersuit…they’re all awesome!

Also definitely recommend the Morph Bundle and V5 and M5. They’re are on sale now too!  smile

(I know how you just need more stuff to install…*wink*)

Got V5, got M5, got Supersuit, need the morph bundle and some shoes that work. Only have two that convert well. I’m afraid to try some of my other stuff. If I need the item, I still have V4 and M4, Genie would look good in some of my stuff but OH WELL. For now anyway.

P.S. I’m already farther behind than I started today. DARN that My Cart.

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2012 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01

LOL! Ohhh!! I thought you were saying you didn’t have genesis stuff yet… hahaha.

Anybody else feel like having a party now? Seriously. This news is Awesome! And with the return of our Avatars, too… this has been a good week! smile  smile

4 of 65