Digital Art Zone

30 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 23 August 2012 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 436 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2003-10-09
fixmypcmike - 23 August 2012 04:36 PM
HIMMAGES - 23 August 2012 03:34 PM

I am completely lost now.  I install daz studio 4.5 pro to default location.  I understand we need to reset “all” the genesis downloads, again because they have been updated? I do so and after installing them I start studio and genesis is broken again.  Somebody please tell me how to tell if I have the “correct” version for this genesis mess before I just wipe it off my drive and try poser?.  What a mess.

Did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials?

yes. however it seems for 4.5 pro we need to reset all genesis related files and re install them as they have been given newer release numbers?  I just hope next week they don’t re-re release another 4.55 version and I will have to go through this all over again.  I really don’t understand the need to re install a product so many times.  There must be another better way like a patch rather than this.

Posted: 23 August 2012 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 437 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2006-10-28

I hope DAZ does rethink what’s it is doing here and does not lead us into the Valley of the Shadow of DAZ again!

Posted: 23 August 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 438 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2007-11-09

YES, resetting files is a big *PAIN*. shut eye

Following is link to forum thread I started with suggestion to Daz.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6261/

Hopefully Daz is listening even though my post has got no confirmation otherwise. long face

Signature 

Eternity’s my home, the Universe my backyard, my mind is a playground, so let’s make it all art. tongue laugh
My little gallery: http://lbamagic.deviantart.com

Posted: 23 August 2012 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 439 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2004-06-23

Before I install I have a couple of questions. I’ve been so wrapped up learning other software I installed 4 and pretty much ignored it for later. I liked it enough I’m wanting to learn it now and I’ve skipped upgrading Poser Pro 2010 to 2012. I think I likely made a mess of everything when I installed, so I want to start with a clean install.

What folder do I need to be concerned about to not remove the registration (if that’s the case)?

On the updates, I have a lot of old purchases of various characters, animals and what not. Are many of them now updated for the new Daz Studio and should I think about downloading them all before installing?

Thanks for any help.

Posted: 23 August 2012 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 440 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1399
Joined  2009-09-11

That is just plain retarded. I have nearly 200G of DS content. I am suppose to re install all of my Genesis content and HOPE there is no duplicate errors just like it never worked with reinstalling the genesis add on morphs. Daz may do to itself what 2K sports did to their video game franchise….  No wonder the program is free…..

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 23 August 2012 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 441 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-04-09

when I installed 4.5, all my morph files gone missing shock  it was a pain in the ass… but… I had to re-install everything in order for everything to work… took a whole day…. that was the only way I could fix this problem.

Posted: 23 August 2012 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 442 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1684
Joined  2005-12-31

I’m not understanding why people are reinstalling everything that has been updated. Some stuff I am sure does need updating but having a number over 1.0 doesn’t mean that the product has had a significant update or even that it was updated after release. I know we have had a 1.1 product that was updated well before release and that the update had nothing to do with the change to .duf files. I’m also guessing that some of those updates are based on them wanting .duf available in sets rather than a lack of functionality in studio 4.5.

Posted: 23 August 2012 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 443 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2003-10-09

The only reason I for one have had to re install is that if you don’t genesis breaks.  You get an error that genesis is missing a file.  After speaking with customer support about this the only fix is to remove the products, re download the updated genesis files and re install.  if you have something simpler I will do it gladly.

Posted: 23 August 2012 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 444 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1684
Joined  2005-12-31

The question isn’t about reinstalling so much is why people are reinstalling everything that has been updated at all.

Posted: 23 August 2012 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 445 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1734
Joined  2012-04-14
Richard Haseltine - 23 August 2012 04:21 PM
anikad - 23 August 2012 01:38 PM

Help! Geometry error. How do I fix it?

The item with a problem should be replaced with a stack of bounding boxes - that looks like something in .dsf format, rather than a Poser format item, for what it’s worth.

Sorry I don’t understand this statement at all. The item is not loading, I’m getting error boxes. Why am I getting error boxes? The item is something in .dsf format.

Posted: 23 August 2012 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 446 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  809
Joined  2007-06-13
Cymbidium - 21 August 2012 02:49 AM
jeanke - 20 August 2012 02:31 PM
Cymbidium - 20 August 2012 11:18 AM
jeanke - 20 August 2012 10:11 AM
Cymbidium - 20 August 2012 04:23 AM

Just found a new prob - InaneGlory’s Photo Studio 1 lights cause an immediate crash to desktop.  Guess these will have to be updated also?  Anyone else experienced this?  *scissors*

That’s what happens to me too, i do hope they’ll get an update! rolleyes

And it’s both 1 and 2.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Ps: any one filled in a bug report for that???

Sort of glad it wasn’t only me, but that’s not promising.  Only have ‘1’, but I guess they would be essentially the same light shaders so not surprising they are both affected.  I haven’t filled in a bug report (never having made one before) - was really waiting to see how many more people had experienced this.

I’ll fill one in, we’ll see what happens. Atleast they know it’s a problem smile.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Thanks Jean-Claude!! smile  I suppose it may be a case that the vendor will have to make the decision whether to spend time upgrading, but it would be really annoying if it wasn’t done.  Haven’t tested many other light sets, since working on a new character right now.  Hoping that there aren’t too many more affected by the new version. *fingerscrossed*

Hey Cymbidium,
Sorry to be a few days late in answering this. This is a very long thread. The problem with both Photo Studio products is exactly the same issue Jepe noted here about the UberAreaLight shader:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/5343/P15/#74595
And DAZ_Spooky addressed here:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/5343/P105/#75202

Notes have been added to the bug tracker and the appropriate Daz people are giving the issue their attention. The good news is once the area light shader is functioning again, the Photo Studio products will also function. No updating should be needed. Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention. Please feel free to PM myself or InaneGlory for help at any time about any of our products.

Thanks for helping out Jean-Claude and thanks to DAZ_Spooky and Doctor Jellybean for the fast responses on the bug tracker.

Signature 

Previous post count 1700.
My Store

Posted: 24 August 2012 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 447 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4878
Joined  2009-02-26

So, I have an idea for daz…

Not sure if it should be posted here, but i haven’t came across a more applicable thread.

When you save a preset pose, it would be nice to have an option or options that ticks ONLY all Rotations, all Translations and all Scaling.

For example, I use genesis, and have made many characters but like to make myself preset poses ‘Generic’ for all my Gn people… I have to select all then go through each individual body part to un-check scaling… It’s Soooo time consuming, otherwise when the saved pose in applied to a character, it will completely re-scale them, and they become some crazy morph.

Any way, Just a thought to daz smile

I’m lovin Studio 4.5, it’s so much more reliable and fast too!

Also, It’d be cool to have a Sticky Daz suggestion thread, where every one could add suggestions, compliments and feedback to the daz admin team smile

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 24 August 2012 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 448 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2005-10-05

It seems to me that anyone that has only got DS 4.0 Advanced have been both left in the dark and forgotten about.  The lack of information for us is conspicuous by it’s absence and that does not endear me to the current DAZ protocols.

Reading through this forum has lead me to conclude that apart from excluding a lot of information for the rest of us ‘Advanced’ owners, the whole installation process for anyone else is convoluted, fraught with issues and generally a complete and utter screw up.

I consider myself by no means IT illiterate…. this Lady built this machine, configured it and resolves issues.  Typical of many people directly involved in writing/creating software, they leave out the details when passing it on to us mere mortals.  Without a thought, because they understand things having wrote/created the software, they unwittingly assume that the rest of us are mind readers.

A lot more dotting of the ‘I’s’ and crossing of the ‘T’s’ would by no means be amiss.

For now I am not even going to attempt installing DS 4.5 until or even if! there is a version that simply updates my version without all the ridiculous convolutions and dancing around the may pole.

Signature 

Simply…...Out There!

Posted: 24 August 2012 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 449 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2005-10-21
DestinysGarden - 23 August 2012 10:10 PM
Cymbidium - 21 August 2012 02:49 AM
jeanke - 20 August 2012 02:31 PM
Cymbidium - 20 August 2012 11:18 AM
jeanke - 20 August 2012 10:11 AM
Cymbidium - 20 August 2012 04:23 AM

Just found a new prob - InaneGlory’s Photo Studio 1 lights cause an immediate crash to desktop.  Guess these will have to be updated also?  Anyone else experienced this?  *scissors*

That’s what happens to me too, i do hope they’ll get an update! rolleyes

And it’s both 1 and 2.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Ps: any one filled in a bug report for that???

Sort of glad it wasn’t only me, but that’s not promising.  Only have ‘1’, but I guess they would be essentially the same light shaders so not surprising they are both affected.  I haven’t filled in a bug report (never having made one before) - was really waiting to see how many more people had experienced this.

I’ll fill one in, we’ll see what happens. Atleast they know it’s a problem smile.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Thanks Jean-Claude!! smile  I suppose it may be a case that the vendor will have to make the decision whether to spend time upgrading, but it would be really annoying if it wasn’t done.  Haven’t tested many other light sets, since working on a new character right now.  Hoping that there aren’t too many more affected by the new version. *fingerscrossed*

Hey Cymbidium,
Sorry to be a few days late in answering this. This is a very long thread. The problem with both Photo Studio products is exactly the same issue Jepe noted here about the UberAreaLight shader:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/5343/P15/#74595
And DAZ_Spooky addressed here:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/5343/P105/#75202

Notes have been added to the bug tracker and the appropriate Daz people are giving the issue their attention. The good news is once the area light shader is functioning again, the Photo Studio products will also function. No updating should be needed. Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention. Please feel free to PM myself or InaneGlory for help at any time about any of our products.

Thanks for helping out Jean-Claude and thanks to DAZ_Spooky and Doctor Jellybean for the fast responses on the bug tracker.

Thanks for clearing this up for me and Jean-Claude! smile  I’m relieved to know it is being looked at.  Hopefully not too many more things have been broken by this new update, though I know there are always some problems that have not been discovered with new versions.

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 24 August 2012 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 450 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01

OK…I’m confused what you guys are saying. I upgraded from 4.0 to 4.5 and the only thing I had to do to get everything working was:

#1 - Install the Genesis Starter Essentials
#2 - Insert new serial number for 4.5
#3 - Update the PLUG-INS that have been updated (Like Reality)

I didn’t have to reinstall all my Genesis content or any other content.

All my stuff works.

30 of 65