Digital Art Zone

29 of 65
GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5!  See why you should do it today!
Posted: 23 August 2012 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 421 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8768
Joined  2007-11-06

The Poseworks 2009 Shader Bundle was updated on the 17th, version numbers are 1.2 and do work with DS 4.5.

The only thing that needs to be uninstalled manually is the CMS, it does not get uninstalled when DS 4.5 is installed.

If you have the Dynamic Clothing Control (the paid one), make sure to reset it and install, as the basic control will not be restored when you install DS 4.5.  If you only had the basic control it will be updated when you install DS 4.5.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 23 August 2012 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 422 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2005-10-05

Having eventually discovered that resetting my downloads for DS4 only got me the old version and then added the free version of DS4.5 to my cart and downloaded a plethora of files…there is something’s that are not clear at all!

I currently have DS4 ‘Advanced’ (4.0.3.47.) installed and judging by both the promo at the beginning of this forum and comments and questions made since these are my concerns:-

All I want to do is update my DS 4 Advanced to DS4.5 Advanced but reading some of the posts here it seems to me that I will be perpetually annoyed by having to enter my own serial number every time I use it…that is unacceptable.

As much as the DS4.5 file reads ‘DAZStudio_4.5.0.114_ etc’ it has no ‘Pro’ in the name yet according to some of the post it is pro and that’s that.

Going back in time not that long ago an update would be simply put in ones downloads or a reset would simply give you a version you could use to update your particular version be it Advanced, Pro or whatever.

Now it seems with this version at least for me, to simply update my existing ‘Advanced’ version will most likely cause all sorts of aggravation not the least of which is having to repeatedly enter my serial number!!

Signature 

Simply…...Out There!

Posted: 23 August 2012 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 423 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4547
Joined  2004-08-11
DAZ_bfurner - 23 August 2012 09:16 AM
SultryLady - 23 August 2012 06:07 AM

I have the same problem, except I am running DSPro 4.5 on a MAC.  I downloaded and installed the Genesis Essential 1.3 bundle, but that did not solve the issue.  I now see the Genesis figure in the content, but when I try to open it, I get the cannot find the genesis.dsf file.

Make sure the content was installed to the default location from the installer.
Select > Content Library Tab
Open the > Content Library Options Menu (see screen capture below)
Select > Content DB Maintenance…
Check > Process Metadata Queue and Re-Import Metadata… > Accept
Now check to see if the content shows up properly in your Smart Content Tab

And that’s the flaw in the entire system.  FORCING folks to have the content where you deemed it be in order for the Smart Content area to work.  That was always one of the beautiful things about DAZ Studio, there was never a set place for things to be.  While it makes sense to have SOME structure so that it’s not a total mess telling folks to put materials here or there, all the clothing in one folder and so forth and so on so that this flawed system works is just that ..... flawed… I think I’ll PASS!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 23 August 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 424 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
RAMWolff - 23 August 2012 10:16 AM
DAZ_bfurner - 23 August 2012 09:16 AM
SultryLady - 23 August 2012 06:07 AM

I have the same problem, except I am running DSPro 4.5 on a MAC.  I downloaded and installed the Genesis Essential 1.3 bundle, but that did not solve the issue.  I now see the Genesis figure in the content, but when I try to open it, I get the cannot find the genesis.dsf file.

Make sure the content was installed to the default location from the installer.
Select > Content Library Tab
Open the > Content Library Options Menu (see screen capture below)
Select > Content DB Maintenance…
Check > Process Metadata Queue and Re-Import Metadata… > Accept
Now check to see if the content shows up properly in your Smart Content Tab

And that’s the flaw in the entire system.  FORCING folks to have the content where you deemed it be in order for the Smart Content area to work.  That was always one of the beautiful things about DAZ Studio, there was never a set place for things to be.  While it makes sense to have SOME structure so that it’s not a total mess telling folks to put materials here or there, all the clothing in one folder and so forth and so on so that this flawed system works is just that ..... flawed… I think I’ll PASS!

It doesn’t actually, especially now that DS 4.5 can export your user data, so future updates don’t mess up any modified paths you’ve made for the metadata.  I think Blaine was just referring to making sure that the path DS 4.5 is looking in for the main content folder and the path the Genesis Starter Essentials was installed to match.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 23 August 2012 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 425 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2003-10-09
Cymbidium - 23 August 2012 02:57 AM
Leee - 23 August 2012 02:07 AM

My question also seemed to have gotten lost in the crowd a couple of pages back, so… sorry, I’m reposting it:

Is Daz Studio 4.5 an official release now, or is it still in Beta?  When I reset my download for Daz Studio 4 Advanced, I still got version 4.0.3.47.  But if I reset my download for Daz Studio 4.5 Candidate Release, I get version 4.5.0.90 which is the same version I downloaded as a Candidate Release almost a month ago.

I just checked the change log and it seems that 4.5.0.114 is the latest release, so why I am still not getting it whenever I reset either of those downloads I mentioned above?  And is this a beta or an actual release?

Can someone please simplify this for my confused brain?

Thanks!!!

It is an actual release, but it is DSPro 4.5…...

Kerya - 22 August 2012 01:50 AM

As you have Advanced, you need to go to the store and “buy” the Pro version:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/daz-studio-4/daz-studio-4-pro
It’s free.

From a few pages ago…...smile

Thanks Cymbidium, I appreciate you clearing that up for me.  But is DSpro 4.5 free for everyone or just previous owners of Advanced or Pro?  I guess I’m still a little confused.  I thought DS standard was free and Advanced and Pro cost money?

Posted: 23 August 2012 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 426 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14420
Joined  2003-10-09
LeggyBlond - 23 August 2012 10:13 AM

Having eventually discovered that resetting my downloads for DS4 only got me the old version and then added the free version of DS4.5 to my cart and downloaded a plethora of files…there is something’s that are not clear at all!

I currently have DS4 ‘Advanced’ (4.0.3.47.) installed and judging by both the promo at the beginning of this forum and comments and questions made since these are my concerns:-

All I want to do is update my DS 4 Advanced to DS4.5 Advanced but reading some of the posts here it seems to me that I will be perpetually annoyed by having to enter my own serial number every time I use it…that is unacceptable.

As much as the DS4.5 file reads ‘DAZStudio_4.5.0.114_ etc’ it has no ‘Pro’ in the name yet according to some of the post it is pro and that’s that.

Going back in time not that long ago an update would be simply put in ones downloads or a reset would simply give you a version you could use to update your particular version be it Advanced, Pro or whatever.

Now it seems with this version at least for me, to simply update my existing ‘Advanced’ version will most likely cause all sorts of aggravation not the least of which is having to repeatedly enter my serial number!!

The difference between Standard, Advanced and Pro is the serial number (and Pro comes with a few extra installers, for additional plugins like GoZ and the Photoshop Bridge). I’m not sure what will happen if you enter your Advanced serial number, but you can use the free Pro serial number and not lose any features you had in Advanced.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 23 August 2012 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 427 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1753
Joined  2012-04-14

Help! Geometry error. How do I fix it?

Image Attachments
geometry.JPG

Posted: 23 August 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 428 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2005-10-21
Leee - 23 August 2012 12:52 PM
Cymbidium - 23 August 2012 02:57 AM
Leee - 23 August 2012 02:07 AM

My question also seemed to have gotten lost in the crowd a couple of pages back, so… sorry, I’m reposting it:

Is Daz Studio 4.5 an official release now, or is it still in Beta?  When I reset my download for Daz Studio 4 Advanced, I still got version 4.0.3.47.  But if I reset my download for Daz Studio 4.5 Candidate Release, I get version 4.5.0.90 which is the same version I downloaded as a Candidate Release almost a month ago.

I just checked the change log and it seems that 4.5.0.114 is the latest release, so why I am still not getting it whenever I reset either of those downloads I mentioned above?  And is this a beta or an actual release?

Can someone please simplify this for my confused brain?

Thanks!!!

It is an actual release, but it is DSPro 4.5…...

Kerya - 22 August 2012 01:50 AM

As you have Advanced, you need to go to the store and “buy” the Pro version:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/daz-studio-4/daz-studio-4-pro
It’s free.

From a few pages ago…...smile

Thanks Cymbidium, I appreciate you clearing that up for me.  But is DSpro 4.5 free for everyone or just previous owners of Advanced or Pro?  I guess I’m still a little confused.  I thought DS standard was free and Advanced and Pro cost money?

You’re very welcome!  Pro was made free for an unspecified time a while ago , as far as I remember, but it did used to cost money - I was one of the early adopters who paid for it. :0)  The update is also ‘free’ if you buy it, but obviously I don’t know how long it will remain free, so get it while you can…....wink  From the product page ‘available for FREE for a limited time’.

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 23 August 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 429 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
anikad - 23 August 2012 01:38 PM

What’s the item?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 23 August 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 430 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2006-10-28
fixmypcmike - 23 August 2012 10:08 AM

The Poseworks 2009 Shader Bundle was updated on the 17th, version numbers are 1.2 and do work with DS 4.5.

The only thing that needs to be uninstalled manually is the CMS, it does not get uninstalled when DS 4.5 is installed.

If you have the Dynamic Clothing Control (the paid one), make sure to reset it and install, as the basic control will not be restored when you install DS 4.5.  If you only had the basic control it will be updated when you install DS 4.5.

See, here’s another one of these things that confuse me, and probably one or two others. We’re told that the “only thing that needs to be uninstalled manually is the CMS.”  Well, I don’t even know what the CMS is—the Content Management Service? And, whatever it is, and wherever it is, how do I uninstall it manually? Do I just drag it to the trash, on a Macintosh?

Posted: 23 August 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 431 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2003-10-09

I am completely lost now.  I install daz studio 4.5 pro to default location.  I understand we need to reset “all” the genesis downloads, again because they have been updated? I do so and after installing them I start studio and genesis is broken again.  Somebody please tell me how to tell if I have the “correct” version for this genesis mess before I just wipe it off my drive and try poser?.  What a mess.

Posted: 23 August 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 432 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2006-10-28

I really wish DAZ had told us, when DS4 came out, and I and others started buying Genesis Products, that this horrible mess would be coming up with version 4.5. I would have waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and . . . oh, yes, and waited. Now I have products like Corbin for M5. How am I supposed to know when an update is available? Yes, yes, I know, that magical list that is pages long. How very convenient. And from that list of updated Genesis products, here’s a snipit to make anyone’s day:

” D.) Uninstall and re-instal the items that have problems.  Make sure the troubled items are fully uninstalled.  Make sure you are installing them into the correct folder as this can be the cause of the problem.  Repeat Steps A through C now.  If it fixed it your finished.  If it didn’t go to Step E.

“E.) Contact Daz support and tell them what is going on and what you have done to try and fix it.  They can help you at this point.”

And here’s a real beauty if you are trying to update:

“If you start getting errors, can’t start Studio, or get told when installing an item Genesis can’t be located , you need to reinstall Studio.  One or more of the older uninstallers will remove some of the Genesis files and some Studio 4 files that it wasn’t supposed to I discovered a few days ago when I couldn’t launch Studio with out error messages after doing updates.”

Oh, so you can have an “older uninstaller” remove some Genesis files and some Studio files “that it wasn’t supposed to”—isn’t that wonderful?

I think this is a horribly messy situation for DAZ3D to have gotten us into. Is there any remorse, any sign of guilt, any regrets that customers are undergoing this? There have been so many enormous problems in going from one version of DAZStudio to another that I just can’t believe this is happening yet again.

I am not updating to DAZStudio 4.5. I don’t want to say never and then have to eat my words, but at least not at this time.

Posted: 23 August 2012 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 433 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Is Corbin giving errors? Not everything needs updating, and some errors (Duplicate IDs) can often be fixed without grabbing the updated files (though I would advise getting the latest versions over time, as there may be other fixes).

As a note to all, several of the morph sets that weren’t showing in the Shaping pane have been updated - I’ve added a list to the FAQ thread, though I gather any product not on the list but with a lower SKU number should also be updated already.

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 434 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
anikad - 23 August 2012 01:38 PM

The item with a problem should be replaced with a stack of bounding boxes - that looks like something in .dsf format, rather than a Poser format item, for what it’s worth.

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 435 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
HIMMAGES - 23 August 2012 03:34 PM

I am completely lost now.  I install daz studio 4.5 pro to default location.  I understand we need to reset “all” the genesis downloads, again because they have been updated? I do so and after installing them I start studio and genesis is broken again.  Somebody please tell me how to tell if I have the “correct” version for this genesis mess before I just wipe it off my drive and try poser?.  What a mess.

Did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

29 of 65